Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#211798 09/19/2001 1:36 AM
I am curious as to weither anyone has tried installing the PHP version on Win98se for testing reasons? I set up Apache for windows, PHP 4, and MySQL all to run on my computer so I can hack away at the script and see if itworks before I upload it and have to close the forums while people could be posting.

Anywho, I have several scripts running on my localhost site, but w3t is not working, I get error messages. :-(
First I get an error that there is a parse error on line 13 of main.inc.php. There shouldnt be bacause I havent touched that line :-D. Here is what the script looks like:
[:green]
// THIS NEEDS TO BE SET, OTHERWISE ADMIN SCRIPTS WILL NOT WORK
// THIS IS THE ACTUAL PATH TO YOUR PHP INSTALLATION
$thispath = "c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t";

include("$thispath/config.inc.php");
include("$thispath/$config[dbtype].inc.php");
include("$thispath/theme.inc.php");[:black]

Now I dont see any parse error, but all I can figure is that the problem may be that the windows path is formated with \ while the paths to the language files and such are formated with the / . Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Sponsored Links
I have it installed on win98/apache/mysql
works fine
what release of php4 are you running?

Journeyman
Journeyman
Get rid of the trailing slash in the path.

Yea, I think that was the first thing I tried, and I got all these errors then:

[:orange]Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\config.inc.php on line 54

Warning: Undefined variable: config in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 14

Warning: Failed opening 'c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t/.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 14

Warning: Use of undefined constant availablestyles - assumed 'availablestyles' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\theme.inc.php on line 18

Warning: Use of undefined constant tracking - assumed 'tracking' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 33

Warning: Undefined variable: config in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 33

Warning: Undefined variable: w3t_language in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 38

Warning: Use of undefined constant language - assumed 'language' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Undefined variable: config in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Failed opening 'c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsw3t/languages//generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 41

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\w3t\main.inc.php on line 43

[:black] I also tried to change all of the \ slashes to /, but that didnt go over well either. Anymore suggestions guys?

here is my path C:/apache/htdocs/wwwthreads
also my config looks like this
<hr>
// Path and Url variables

// Url to the main WWWThreads php install
$config['phpurl'] = "http://192.168.0.46/wwwthreads";

// Relative Url containing the images
$config['images'] = "http://192.168.0.46/wwwthreads/images";

// Path to your images directory, needed for calculating image sizes
$config['imagepath'] = "C:/apache/htdocs/wwwthreads/images";

// Url to your stylesheets directory
$config['styledir'] = "http://192.168.0.46/wwwthreads/stylesheets";

// Path to your WWWThreads php install
$config['path'] = "C:/apache/htdocs/wwwthreads";

// Path to your stylesheets directory
$config['stylepath'] = "C:/apache/htdocs/wwwthreads/stylesheets";

// Path to save session information
// This is only used if $config['tracking'] = "sessions"
// Needs to be a world writeable directory outside of your html tree
$config['sessionpath'] = "/home/httpd/sessions";

// Domain that wwwthreads is running under.
$config['referer'] = "http://192.168.0.46";

// --------------------------

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Those errors are all caused by the script not finding config.inc.php. Don't know if this will work but try using double // in the path. C://apache//htdocs//wwwthreads
I have seen this cure some of the windows path problems. I know to make uploads work on win nt you need double // in the upload temp dir path.

Thanks for the help guys, I just got done reformating, so as soon as I re-install apache and the rest, I will try this out. :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63