UBB.Dev
Posted By: Mayoff Forum use FAQ - 09/24/2004 5:38 PM
Hi,

I have had some customers attempt to use the forum, but they are a little new to the forum concept. Seeing things like Post icons, "using ubbcode" and other text is freaking them out. Does anyone have a really good "how to use this forum" FAQ or document for the clueless user?
Posted By: monkeyra Re: Forum use FAQ - 09/24/2004 6:57 PM
infopop have a users guide over at their website, and theres also a FAQ with threads, which users can read.
should be located at www.yourdomain.com/ubbthreads/faq.php

dang, i think this is my first helpful post in all the time i've been here, normally i just bug people with questions! lol!
Posted By: Mayoff Re: Forum use FAQ - 09/24/2004 8:09 PM
That FAQ in the forum itself does not provide the super deep level of detail I was hoping to provide a user who has never even seen a forum before. I was wondering if anyone has developed tutorials or other detailed docs.

I have links to the infopop threads user's guide, but it too didn't seem detailed enough for some users.
Posted By: slayer60 Re: Forum use FAQ - 09/24/2004 9:08 PM
Well, here's my catch all:

"Wondering what something does? Then click it and observe what happens. Rinse and repeat. Nothing you do can hurt the forum. Only I have that power! Muhwahahahahaha!"

Something like that should help to alleviate the concerns of your users...or, ya know, maybe not.
Posted By: monkeyra Re: Forum use FAQ - 09/24/2004 9:29 PM
[]slayer60 said:
Nothing you do can hurt the forum. Only I have that power! Muhwahahahahaha!"

[/]

PMSL!!!
© UBB.Developers