UBB.Dev
Currently running UBB.threads v6.4
----------------------------------

I am currently running threads v6.4 and would like to upgrade to the latest version of threads.

However, I would like to upgrade to another url on my webserver so that I can test this new version with all the hacks that I intend on installing with it as well. I want to do this so that I can test out how it will react with the hacks and my database prior to actually running it on my current url. I would rather not interrupt my users on the site while I'm checking how this version will run and with the hacks.

Thank you,
Mark
Yes you can, I am running my main site on www.parentforum.org/ubbthreads/

My test site is running on www.parentforum.org/testsite/ubbthreads
I have no problems with either
It is best if you create a new database, make a backup of the original (live) database and restore it in the new database. Then you upload the forum software to a new "subdomain" or folder on your server, connecting the new version 6.5 to the new database.

You run the upgrade scripts and then start applying the modifications you need. Once you are done and happy, all you need is to download the files from the new location and upload them to the old one (live site). Following that you will need to run the upgrade script so that the database is upgraded as well.

You cannot run 6.4 and 6.5 from the same database to the best of my knowledge.

A more convenient way is if you do all this on your computer after having installed Apache (or IIS), php and mysql instead of using the space and bandwidth of your server
Yes....I am using Uniform Server 3.0 for this
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles...lease_id=205701

(the new releases 3.1 and 3.2 use php 5 which ubbthreads has issues with....)
Nice... Thank you all for the responses. Time to get to work.
© UBB.Developers