UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gizmo [6.4 - 6.5] [finished] UBB Moderator Lock-Out - 12/30/2002 1:47 AM
Author: Gizzy (Gizmo@undergroundnews.com).

Description: Are you tired of your moderators changing your settings? Do you feel that if something is going to be changed that you're going to be the one to change it? Apply this modification and no more moderator updates to your forum through your control panel.

Requirements: Valid license, UBBâ„¢ 6.4.0.

Download: Text

Demo: Control Panel update.
Why edit the variables file when the wordlet access_denied_notanadmin can be changed from the CP?
... or you could look in your admin logs and, oh, fire the Moderators that are screwing around. It is better to be able to trust than not.
I can see both sides, I prefer not to let the moderators have access. I think there should be a CP setting to disallow it. I have never had an admin other than my wife and myself and have hacked previous versions to keep moderators out.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.4 - 6.5] [finished] UBB Moderator Lock-Out - 12/31/2002 10:53 AM
Well, see at my forums the moderators are there none the less, to be sure that things don't get out of hand. Every so often someone wants to mess with settings, its not a trust issue, its the fact that if I wanted them to change items I'd admin them. I figured that this way it'd make it so i wouldn't have to worry about anyone doing anything in the first place.

And I stated to edit the variables in the wordlet file since I was just editing files to begin with, no real point to having to login to the cp, find the wordlet file to edit, then change items.

Its understandable that I should be able to "trust" my moderators, but at a security site its basically either you make it so people can't do things, or they'll do it to try your patience.

I also figured that some UBB users would be like me, who need to lock people out of the CP so that they don't really have to worry about anything in the first place. I actually was looking for something like this in 6.x but I couldn't locate anything, so I had to try at it myself.
What about this bit of code in cp_lib.cgi?

Code
[/code]Also, I could only find this once even though you have it listed twice in cp_lib.cgi...

Code
</pre></div></div>The second one also contains this...<br><br>[code]
Seems to work fine though...thanks!
I don't believe that you'd have to edit out

[code][/code]with the second section i believe that is a typo on my part, i'll update the text, thank you.
© UBB.Developers