Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Author: Gizzy (Gizmo@undergroundnews.com).

Description: Are you tired of your moderators changing your settings? Do you feel that if something is going to be changed that you're going to be the one to change it? Apply this modification and no more moderator updates to your forum through your control panel.

Requirements: Valid license, UBBâ„¢ 6.4.0.

Download: Text

Demo: Control Panel update.

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Why edit the variables file when the wordlet access_denied_notanadmin can be changed from the CP?

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
... or you could look in your admin logs and, oh, fire the Moderators that are screwing around. It is better to be able to trust than not.

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I can see both sides, I prefer not to let the moderators have access. I think there should be a CP setting to disallow it. I have never had an admin other than my wife and myself and have hacked previous versions to keep moderators out.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Well, see at my forums the moderators are there none the less, to be sure that things don't get out of hand. Every so often someone wants to mess with settings, its not a trust issue, its the fact that if I wanted them to change items I'd admin them. I figured that this way it'd make it so i wouldn't have to worry about anyone doing anything in the first place.

And I stated to edit the variables in the wordlet file since I was just editing files to begin with, no real point to having to login to the cp, find the wordlet file to edit, then change items.

Its understandable that I should be able to "trust" my moderators, but at a security site its basically either you make it so people can't do things, or they'll do it to try your patience.

I also figured that some UBB users would be like me, who need to lock people out of the CP so that they don't really have to worry about anything in the first place. I actually was looking for something like this in 6.x but I couldn't locate anything, so I had to try at it myself.

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
What about this bit of code in cp_lib.cgi?

Code
[/code]Also, I could only find this once even though you have it listed twice in cp_lib.cgi...

Code
</pre></div></div>The second one also contains this...<br><br>[code]
Seems to work fine though...thanks!

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I don't believe that you'd have to edit out

[code][/code]with the second section i believe that is a typo on my part, i'll update the text, thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63