UBB.Dev
Posted By: Aglavalin Best way to upgrade to 6.1x - 09/04/2002 7:31 AM
I'm currently running 6.0.3 and am close to taking the plunge into the 6.1x upgrade. I have many hacks installed, including the multiple signatures and the calendar hack, both of which are quite time consuming to install from scratch. Would I be ok using Beyond Compair to just update the changed pages with my altered code, or should I just install a fresh copy and redo all the hacks again?

What are the thoughts of those of you who have already done this upgrade to the current beta copy?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Best way to upgrade to 6.1x - 09/04/2002 7:35 AM
If it was me (and it is, cuz I have to upgrade this forum eventually ), I'd wait until 6.1 final before upgrading. No use in doing it a few times when there's gonna be buglets to be squashed in 6.1beta Then I'd know if the bugs were in my code or threads.

We'll be double-checking those mods as well to make sure they are 6.1-ready.
Posted By: Aglavalin Re: Best way to upgrade to 6.1x - 09/04/2002 9:33 AM
Yeah, I pretty much decided to wait until the final of 6.1 to do my next upgrade! I like what I see so far, but it looks like mostly new features and some bug squashing from the 6.0.3 to 6.1 so I wuz wondering how much of the core code had changed. Not all that much from that I gather. Guess I got a bit 'o time to wait and see what others say about their conversions. If I have to re-add all the hacks I got in, then i't gonna be a looooong night of coding! hehe
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Best way to upgrade to 6.1x - 09/04/2002 6:04 PM
heheh

I may try the Beyond Compare route and see how that goes. I really need to start from scratch tho and make sure I've added the latest versions of the modifications back in
Posted By: msula Re: Best way to upgrade to 6.1x - 09/04/2002 6:33 PM
I'm running the beta right now. I told my users though, I will not be installing any of the hacks until the final. I just had so many hacks here and there, I couldn't keep track, so I just started fresh. Then when it goes final, I'll make sure to only add the hacks I need, as there are a few you don't once you go to 6.1, such as the custom graemlins and such, so might as well use fresh code
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Best way to upgrade to 6.1x - 09/04/2002 6:33 PM
I was going to go live with the beta... but it's been taking me so long to work all my mods back in. I wanted to "start fresh".

But in the meantime, I've ended up checking and testing a bunch of mods and posting/re-posting to finished forum....and noting that they work with 6.1 and/or making adjustments to the instructions.

I think I'll probably continue that route until a final comes out. Although I personally thing 6.1 br1 is stable enough to go live with. I just haven't had the time.
© UBB.Developers