Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#224013 09/04/2002 12:31 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'm currently running 6.0.3 and am close to taking the plunge into the 6.1x upgrade. I have many hacks installed, including the multiple signatures and the calendar hack, both of which are quite time consuming to install from scratch. Would I be ok using Beyond Compair to just update the changed pages with my altered code, or should I just install a fresh copy and redo all the hacks again?

What are the thoughts of those of you who have already done this upgrade to the current beta copy?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
If it was me (and it is, cuz I have to upgrade this forum eventually ), I'd wait until 6.1 final before upgrading. No use in doing it a few times when there's gonna be buglets to be squashed in 6.1beta Then I'd know if the bugs were in my code or threads.

We'll be double-checking those mods as well to make sure they are 6.1-ready.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Yeah, I pretty much decided to wait until the final of 6.1 to do my next upgrade! I like what I see so far, but it looks like mostly new features and some bug squashing from the 6.0.3 to 6.1 so I wuz wondering how much of the core code had changed. Not all that much from that I gather. Guess I got a bit 'o time to wait and see what others say about their conversions. If I have to re-add all the hacks I got in, then i't gonna be a looooong night of coding! hehe

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
heheh

I may try the Beyond Compare route and see how that goes. I really need to start from scratch tho and make sure I've added the latest versions of the modifications back in

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Addict
Addict
I'm running the beta right now. I told my users though, I will not be installing any of the hacks until the final. I just had so many hacks here and there, I couldn't keep track, so I just started fresh. Then when it goes final, I'll make sure to only add the hacks I need, as there are a few you don't once you go to 6.1, such as the custom graemlins and such, so might as well use fresh code

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I was going to go live with the beta... but it's been taking me so long to work all my mods back in. I wanted to "start fresh".

But in the meantime, I've ended up checking and testing a bunch of mods and posting/re-posting to finished forum....and noting that they work with 6.1 and/or making adjustments to the instructions.

I think I'll probably continue that route until a final comes out. Although I personally thing 6.1 br1 is stable enough to go live with. I just haven't had the time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63