UBB.Dev
Posted By: salim Topics appearance in the IIP entrance page? - 03/05/2003 9:12 PM
I go to the config section of IIP I set the picture to appear within the post. And guess what, the avatar doesnt appear, actually it does, but its playing games, sometime it would appear and sometime it wont?.

And also, when I go and write a topic in the news forum so that it appears in the front page. I notice if I a put a link or even a smiley in that post, it wont appear in teh front page??? and it always wont show whatever I wrote after a link or a smily?. Why is that happening to me, from threadsdev announcement I see on the entrance page, you guys have no problem, even smilies and links works find and shows in the front page?
It sounds like you have html turned off for news in your IIP settings.
Posted By: salim Re: Topics appearance in the IIP entrance page? - 03/05/2003 10:22 PM
Nope, HTML is on. And I dont think it has anything to do with html, it looks fine from the forum front, the links shows, the smiley shows etc etc. But once its been pulled to the entrance page, it all dissapears?. And no to mention I cant get the AVATAR To show even after setting it on in the IIP config file?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Topics appearance in the IIP entrance page? - 03/05/2003 10:50 PM
No not the HTML setting for the forum.

There is a setting in IIP to strip HTML. This will have the post stop at any "code" it encouters. Turn this option off, then it should display that stuff.

The reason he added this option, is because since that displays the first x characters, it's possible for the post to be "broken" in the middle of the code, then display funny. So there's the option to display text only on the front, and thus it stops when it hits any UBB or HTML code.
Posted By: salim Re: Topics appearance in the IIP entrance page? - 03/05/2003 11:08 PM
Ok thanks Josh, that fixed. Now I still have a problem with the avatar. Like I said, it all depends on the mood of the IIP, sometime it shows up and sometime it doesnt. And sometime it shows up when I log out and sometime it doesnt!!!!?
Posted By: Zackary Re: Topics appearance in the IIP entrance page? - 03/05/2003 11:42 PM
Are the avatars stored on your site, or offsite?

I've got one member who's avatar shows up, sometimes. He has it stored on geocities or something. I find it annoying.

Any avatars on my site work perfect.

Just a thought.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Topics appearance in the IIP entrance page? - 03/05/2003 11:47 PM
I wonder if you theme settings to show users pictures with posts will come into play? The theme file will define users who aren't logged in.

Individual users will have a setting to view pictures in their display prefs. That way slow connection folks can turn off the avatars and not view them.
© UBB.Developers