Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I go to the config section of IIP I set the picture to appear within the post. And guess what, the avatar doesnt appear, actually it does, but its playing games, sometime it would appear and sometime it wont?.

And also, when I go and write a topic in the news forum so that it appears in the front page. I notice if I a put a link or even a smiley in that post, it wont appear in teh front page??? and it always wont show whatever I wrote after a link or a smily?. Why is that happening to me, from threadsdev announcement I see on the entrance page, you guys have no problem, even smilies and links works find and shows in the front page?

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
It sounds like you have html turned off for news in your IIP settings.

Nope, HTML is on. And I dont think it has anything to do with html, it looks fine from the forum front, the links shows, the smiley shows etc etc. But once its been pulled to the entrance page, it all dissapears?. And no to mention I cant get the AVATAR To show even after setting it on in the IIP config file?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
No not the HTML setting for the forum.

There is a setting in IIP to strip HTML. This will have the post stop at any "code" it encouters. Turn this option off, then it should display that stuff.

The reason he added this option, is because since that displays the first x characters, it's possible for the post to be "broken" in the middle of the code, then display funny. So there's the option to display text only on the front, and thus it stops when it hits any UBB or HTML code.

Ok thanks Josh, that fixed. Now I still have a problem with the avatar. Like I said, it all depends on the mood of the IIP, sometime it shows up and sometime it doesnt. And sometime it shows up when I log out and sometime it doesnt!!!!?

Sponsored Links
Are the avatars stored on your site, or offsite?

I've got one member who's avatar shows up, sometimes. He has it stored on geocities or something. I find it annoying.

Any avatars on my site work perfect.

Just a thought.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I wonder if you theme settings to show users pictures with posts will come into play? The theme file will define users who aren't logged in.

Individual users will have a setting to view pictures in their display prefs. That way slow connection folks can turn off the avatars and not view them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63