UBB.Dev
Posted By: Basil Fawlty IIP 6.5 Top Posters not updating? - 11/14/2004 8:03 PM
I didn't even realize this until one of my members emailed me. It seems my "Top Posters" box on my index page isn't updating. For example, my own post total shows 3286, but my actual post numbers is 4060. But its not just me. Anyone on the list is reflecting much lower numbers than they actually have and it just does not seem to be updating. I have looked at the control panel and don't see anything that would account for this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Basil
British Car Forum
Posted By: scroungr Re: IIP 6.5 Top Posters not updating? - 11/14/2004 9:17 PM
Hmmmm ok well in the topposterspal.php put a ss after the

LIMIT 0,$topposters
and before the
";

that WILL throw an error and ALSO give you the sql query that is giving the error.. copy/past that sql so I can take a look... then remove the ss so it doesn't throw the error..
Posted By: Zarzal Re: IIP 6.5 Top Posters not updating? - 11/14/2004 10:15 PM
I notice this too, but found that this is ok. Take a closer look to the IIP Control Panel. You see that top x poster for y time. And this is the trick Set time to 5 days and see only the top x poster for the last 5 days.

Then watch for the excluded boards for this box. This will not counted too.

As far as I know this box work correct if you have this settings in mind. I set it for top 5 in 7 days and change the title of the box to let the people know thats only for the last 7 days.
Posted By: Basil Fawlty Re: IIP 6.5 Top Posters not updating? - 11/14/2004 10:51 PM
I have no excluded boards and on the "How Many Days Back" question I have it set to 0, which is supposed to show all days! (total posts in other words).

Basil
Posted By: Zarzal Re: IIP 6.5 Top Posters not updating? - 11/14/2004 11:07 PM
If I set it to 0 days I noticed a difference too. But I guess its correct. The IIP seems to count the online postings. Threads itself display the number of all postings ever made by this user. If you purge old postings this counter in threads will not adjusted but the IIP box count less postings.

This is the only thing that made sense to me but maybe there is a bug too in it
Posted By: scroungr Re: IIP 6.5 Top Posters not updating? - 11/16/2004 4:01 PM
Without seeing the query I can;t diagnose it.. can one of ya with this issue let me know the FULL query as I described above?
Posted By: ChAoS_dup1 Re: IIP 6.5 Top Posters not updating? - 11/18/2004 12:53 PM
Zarzal you are correct as I have xperienced this as well as I have one particular forum set to "clean" itself every 90 days unless I "keep" certain threads. Deleted threads are still maintained in the threads post count but not the IIP post count.
Posted By: scroungr Re: IIP 6.5 Top Posters not updating? - 11/18/2004 4:39 PM
well the difference is in the way the queries are setup..

topposterspal.php uses

SELECT COUNT(*) as total,t1.B_PosterId,t2.U_Username
FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Posts AS t1,
{$config['tbprefix']}Users AS t2
WHERE t1.B_PosterId = t2.U_Number
AND t2.U_Number > 1
$dayssearchlimit
$limit
GROUP BY B_PosterId ORDER BY total DESC
LIMIT 0,$topposters

and always has

showflat.php for instance gets its value from

$query = "
SELECT t1.B_Number,t2.U_Username,t1.B_Posted,t1.B_IP,t1.B_Subject,t1.B_Body,t1.B_File,t1.B_Status,t1.B_Approved,t2.U_Picture,t1.B_Reged,t2.U_Title,t2.U_Color,t1.B_Icon,t1.B_Poll,t1.B_Parent,t2.U_Status,t2.U_Signature,t1.B_LastEdit,t1.B_LastEditBy,t2.U_Location,t2.U_TotalPosts,t2.U_Registered,t2.U_Rating,t2.U_Rates,t2.U_RealRating,t2.U_PicWidth,t2.U_PicHeight,t2.U_Number,t1.B_FileCounter,t1.B_AnonName,t1.B_ParentUser,t2.U_Birthday,t2.U_ShowBday,t1.B_AddSig
FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Posts AS t1,
{$config['tbprefix']}Users AS t2
WHERE t1.B_Main = $current
AND t1.B_PosterId = t2.U_Number
$Viewable
ORDER BY B_Number
$Limit
";

IF those two are throwing different things you need to do some TROUBLESHOOTING and look at why....
© UBB.Developers