Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Journeyman
Journeyman
I didn't even realize this until one of my members emailed me. It seems my "Top Posters" box on my index page isn't updating. For example, my own post total shows 3286, but my actual post numbers is 4060. But its not just me. Anyone on the list is reflecting much lower numbers than they actually have and it just does not seem to be updating. I have looked at the control panel and don't see anything that would account for this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Basil
British Car Forum

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmmmm ok well in the topposterspal.php put a ss after the

LIMIT 0,$topposters
and before the
";

that WILL throw an error and ALSO give you the sql query that is giving the error.. copy/past that sql so I can take a look... then remove the ss so it doesn't throw the error..

Coder
Coder
I notice this too, but found that this is ok. Take a closer look to the IIP Control Panel. You see that top x poster for y time. And this is the trick Set time to 5 days and see only the top x poster for the last 5 days.

Then watch for the excluded boards for this box. This will not counted too.

As far as I know this box work correct if you have this settings in mind. I set it for top 5 in 7 days and change the title of the box to let the people know thats only for the last 7 days.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I have no excluded boards and on the "How Many Days Back" question I have it set to 0, which is supposed to show all days! (total posts in other words).

Basil

Coder
Coder
If I set it to 0 days I noticed a difference too. But I guess its correct. The IIP seems to count the online postings. Threads itself display the number of all postings ever made by this user. If you purge old postings this counter in threads will not adjusted but the IIP box count less postings.

This is the only thing that made sense to me but maybe there is a bug too in it

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
Without seeing the query I can;t diagnose it.. can one of ya with this issue let me know the FULL query as I described above?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Zarzal you are correct as I have xperienced this as well as I have one particular forum set to "clean" itself every 90 days unless I "keep" certain threads. Deleted threads are still maintained in the threads post count but not the IIP post count.

Old Hand
Old Hand
well the difference is in the way the queries are setup..

topposterspal.php uses

SELECT COUNT(*) as total,t1.B_PosterId,t2.U_Username
FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Posts AS t1,
{$config['tbprefix']}Users AS t2
WHERE t1.B_PosterId = t2.U_Number
AND t2.U_Number > 1
$dayssearchlimit
$limit
GROUP BY B_PosterId ORDER BY total DESC
LIMIT 0,$topposters

and always has

showflat.php for instance gets its value from

$query = "
SELECT t1.B_Number,t2.U_Username,t1.B_Posted,t1.B_IP,t1.B_Subject,t1.B_Body,t1.B_File,t1.B_Status,t1.B_Approved,t2.U_Picture,t1.B_Reged,t2.U_Title,t2.U_Color,t1.B_Icon,t1.B_Poll,t1.B_Parent,t2.U_Status,t2.U_Signature,t1.B_LastEdit,t1.B_LastEditBy,t2.U_Location,t2.U_TotalPosts,t2.U_Registered,t2.U_Rating,t2.U_Rates,t2.U_RealRating,t2.U_PicWidth,t2.U_PicHeight,t2.U_Number,t1.B_FileCounter,t1.B_AnonName,t1.B_ParentUser,t2.U_Birthday,t2.U_ShowBday,t1.B_AddSig
FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Posts AS t1,
{$config['tbprefix']}Users AS t2
WHERE t1.B_Main = $current
AND t1.B_PosterId = t2.U_Number
$Viewable
ORDER BY B_Number
$Limit
";

IF those two are throwing different things you need to do some TROUBLESHOOTING and look at why....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63