UBB.Dev
what?
I would like the ability to create an access group for a selection of users that I specify through the CP.

For example, as of current, there are 3 categories of users, Administrator, Moderator, and everyone else.

For example, I would like to create one called "Power Users". An Admin could specify what private forums members of the "Power Users" group have access to, and what rights they have. The setup for this would be similar to a style template in the creation. Once this is complete, an Admin could add/remove users to the group via the master memberlist. Currently there is an option on the memberlist that says, "Administrator?", and it has "yes" and "no" options. Next to this, there would be a option that would say, "Power User", and the admin could choose weather or not to add the user to this group.

Why
After I found out that you cannot add a password to a forum anymore without giving users access to the forum through their profile in the memberlist, I was pretty discouraged. For boards that have a lot of members, it is a lot of work to restrict access to certain groups of people. This hack would be the perfect solution. An admin can view all their member's status, and change/update all of them as necessary from from one page. The amount of time that this would save an Admin would be HUGE.

Does anyone think that this would be a good idea? If so, please post so that hackers will take us up on it!
eek eek eek
Yeah,good idea!But you also should make more than one Group, like:one gorup called VIP Members and one called Board Crew and another ne called Special Friends...This would be great!
Yea, you should have the ability to create as many groups as you want. I think it would be a really cool feature.
Yes, that would be a really great hack!!!!
I need that kind of thing pretty desperately!
come on people, get ur hacking tools out and create it!
You all have 4 days.
*Walks off pretending he is god*
You could even apply this hack to the memberlist hack when it is released!

Once the memberlist hack comes out for UBB, I really think that this hack would come in handy. You could filter the memberlist, in order to ONLY show members from certain user groups.

For instance, if UBB Dev wanted to have a list of their best UBB hackers, they could have a user group called "Developer". If you chose to display a filtered memberlist with only those with "Developer" status, you have just made yourself a list of UBB developers, with their profiles, emails, websites, or anything else they choose to disclose right there on one page. eek eek eek
i got to say myself that this would be awsome!
You could just install a Custom Status hack, and give whatever status you wanted to give to someone, and grant them access to private forums.....
It could be done the exact way ban lists are.
Put the usernumber in the boxes.
Puts it in a file, read into an array, bing boom! smile
Anyone interested in working on this one? (I really need to learn to code pearl) =)
*bump*
Don't say I'm not nice.

Not what you were asking for, but it does the job effectively notheless. Has advantages and disadvantages over the traditional approach (MMs suggestion).
borg..... thanks a million man!

I'll try to install it now!
Borg,

Thanks for the hack, but could you see if my suggestion is feasable at https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=000074
Didn't think this board offered such a hack. But too bad the links are D.O.A.
at this point better wait for the next ubb release smile
© UBB.Developers