Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
what?
I would like the ability to create an access group for a selection of users that I specify through the CP.

For example, as of current, there are 3 categories of users, Administrator, Moderator, and everyone else.

For example, I would like to create one called "Power Users". An Admin could specify what private forums members of the "Power Users" group have access to, and what rights they have. The setup for this would be similar to a style template in the creation. Once this is complete, an Admin could add/remove users to the group via the master memberlist. Currently there is an option on the memberlist that says, "Administrator?", and it has "yes" and "no" options. Next to this, there would be a option that would say, "Power User", and the admin could choose weather or not to add the user to this group.

Why
After I found out that you cannot add a password to a forum anymore without giving users access to the forum through their profile in the memberlist, I was pretty discouraged. For boards that have a lot of members, it is a lot of work to restrict access to certain groups of people. This hack would be the perfect solution. An admin can view all their member's status, and change/update all of them as necessary from from one page. The amount of time that this would save an Admin would be HUGE.

Does anyone think that this would be a good idea? If so, please post so that hackers will take us up on it!
eek eek eek

Sponsored Links
Yeah,good idea!But you also should make more than one Group, like:one gorup called VIP Members and one called Board Crew and another ne called Special Friends...This would be great!

Yea, you should have the ability to create as many groups as you want. I think it would be a really cool feature.

Yes, that would be a really great hack!!!!
I need that kind of thing pretty desperately!
come on people, get ur hacking tools out and create it!
You all have 4 days.
*Walks off pretending he is god*

You could even apply this hack to the memberlist hack when it is released!

Once the memberlist hack comes out for UBB, I really think that this hack would come in handy. You could filter the memberlist, in order to ONLY show members from certain user groups.

For instance, if UBB Dev wanted to have a list of their best UBB hackers, they could have a user group called "Developer". If you chose to display a filtered memberlist with only those with "Developer" status, you have just made yourself a list of UBB developers, with their profiles, emails, websites, or anything else they choose to disclose right there on one page. eek eek eek

Sponsored Links
i got to say myself that this would be awsome!

You could just install a Custom Status hack, and give whatever status you wanted to give to someone, and grant them access to private forums.....

It could be done the exact way ban lists are.
Put the usernumber in the boxes.
Puts it in a file, read into an array, bing boom! smile

Anyone interested in working on this one? (I really need to learn to code pearl) =)

*bump*

Sponsored Links
Ell Offline
Don't say I'm not nice.

Not what you were asking for, but it does the job effectively notheless. Has advantages and disadvantages over the traditional approach (MMs suggestion).

borg..... thanks a million man!

I'll try to install it now!

Borg,

Thanks for the hack, but could you see if my suggestion is feasable at https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=000074

Didn't think this board offered such a hack. But too bad the links are D.O.A.

Veteran
Veteran
at this point better wait for the next ubb release smile

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63