UBB.Dev
Posted By: ADWOFF UBB Instant Code (by MrStormyNights) - 05/28/2002 9:49 AM
Charles ... or anyone else ...

I played around with the Multihack file for the UBB Instant Code created by MrStormyNights.

I've installed it into my test board, and everything seems to be working A-OK (knock on wood)--even with the JCTemplates.

I know that in the past, the UBB Instant Code hacks have created security issues.

Do I have to be concerned about this for UBB 6.3?

Thanks!
I thought that all existing security holes with the hack were fixed in the latest version of 6.2..? I could be wrong, but I went along and installed it..
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: UBB Instant Code (by MrStormyNights) - 05/28/2002 6:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion Knight:
I thought that all existing security holes with the hack were fixed in the latest version of 6.2..? I could be wrong, but I went along and installed it..

I did, too, but I just wanted confirmation that this hack won't have any dire effects on my board. laugh
If this is a port of the one that MrStormyNights did for 6.2, then it's perfectly safe.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: UBB Instant Code (by MrStormyNights) - 05/28/2002 8:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
If this is a port of the one that MrStormyNights did for 6.2, then it's perfectly safe.

Thanks, Charles! It is. I didn't change any of MrStormyNight's code.
There is actually a blob of code that needs changing since the 6.2 version of the hack on ubb_lib.cgi and ubb_lib_posting.cgi

Have you already done this, if not I can point you in the right directions.. smile
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: UBB Instant Code (by MrStormyNights) - 06/04/2002 6:31 PM
quote:
There is actually a blob of code that needs changing since the 6.2 version of the hack on ubb_lib.cgi and ubb_lib_posting.cgi

Have you already done this, if not I can point you in the right directions.. smile

Really?

I have it installed on my test board, and it seems to be working fine.

I'd love to know if there is something out of kilter, though. laugh
Try editing and quoting a post which contains ubb code (especially the img and bold tags) and let me know what happens.. smile
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: UBB Instant Code (by MrStormyNights) - 06/05/2002 1:47 AM
[code][/code]Okay, okay. I see what you're saying! eek

Hand over the fix! Please?
http://www.liberifatali.com/umbrella/ubbhacks/advubbcode_fix.txt

Let me know how you get on.. wink
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: UBB Instant Code (by MrStormyNights) - 06/05/2002 2:54 AM
quote:
http://www.liberifatali.com/umbrella/ubbhacks/advubbcode_fix.txt

Let me know how you get on.. wink

Thank you! laugh
Any time.. wink