Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
yah.. i thought it was an upgrade of this hack since it was version was 1.5.. or maybe it is? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I havn't seen this asked in this post at all, but I could be wrong. Here I go anyway...

When I installed it, ( here ) the registrations date doesn't show up, nor does it on the other UBB's I've seen it installed on. I tried customizing it a little and couldn't get it figured out. Anybody know how I would resolve this?

wow! jordos Intergraded Poll works like a charm!! couple of problems i found was when moving the polls to other forums the polls will no longer show up.. only the topic (same thing happens with this hack) also when posting a poll the tables dont show up right and instead of Add New Poll it still says topic (not much of a biggie) If your having problems installing the Thread-Intergraded Poll then you should try jordos.. it took me like 6 or 7 times to get the Thread Intergraded to work properly but its worth it! hers a demo of my Test Board smile

is there an official topic of this hack? i hate to talk about it in the wrong thread.. sorry

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker

Hack link is broken, please post a new one.

Sponsored Links
It seems to be a gerat hack !!

...but the Link is down. Could someone please upload the hack again or e-mail it to me ? I think an upload would be better laugh

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LK:
Da, anything works in my board. Take a look at https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000307#000010 [/QUOTE ]

Thanks LK, I'll fix it all up when my damn net works...

I finally got it to work for me, but I had to add this additional step:

to cp_add_new_template.pl

under:

&RegField (qq!Post New Topic Graphic

!, "BBTopic", "", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{BBTopic}");

add:

&RegField (qq!Post New Poll Graphic

!, "BBPoll", "", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{BBPoll}");

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You're right...

lunatic, back up to page five of this thread you'll see how i solved the date problem.

-drew
Sponsored Links
The link is broken. Does anybody has a new one?

The link for the download does not work, can you post another one????????
thx nico

Word To the wise about 'Jordo's' Integrated Polls v1.5 http://www.jordodesigns.com. IT will work for awhile, but then for some reason it comes up with the following:

"Software error:
Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at /home/*****/******/ubb2/Forum21/000352.poll line 13.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@*****.co.uk), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. ; Content-type: text/html

Software error:
[Tue Jul 3 10:05:13 2001] ultimatebb.cgi: Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at /home/*****/******/ubb2/Forum21/000352.poll line 13.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@*********.co.uk), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. ;"

The file itself is properly structured and so why it can't see that I don't know. Shows how the script hasn't been updated for the latest codebase, suffers similar problems to Beta 1.

Anyway hopefully v1.5 of this poll software will come out soon and we'll finally have a truly bug free survey system. But when? need a bug fix release! =)

i wish Jordo would upgrade his Intergraded Poll hack... i like the way it was made.. you can edit polls and could even disable it in CP.. its almost like vB's poll feature included with the board! which is awesome! smile

i noticed the link was broken!.. for those of you who want the hack you can download it here.. Thread Poll smile

quote:
Thx a lot, ruph! Really nice of you... smile

Guys just to let you know that after I did a detailed report to Jordo reguarding his v1.5 Integrated Polls, the " ' " bug is now fixed.

This is so popular that every idiot is making a stupid poll. Can I limit it to mods and admins only? I can't find anything in CP.

haha yah true.. people post nothing but polls! i dont think theres any CP Setting for it.. i wonder when he's gonna upgrade it :rolleyes:

quote:
And just these instructions are the only reason that i can't go on with it.
Sure, i know it has something to do with the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi but what....! How to install the devkit? If explained in dutch maybe it will make sense. wink

I guess I am an idiot!

I tried installing this hack on my board (which had a dozen or so other hacks installed too) and it did not work.

So then I created a test board with no hacks and cannot get it to work properly there either!

When I create the poll it puts a double blank post from no one in the thread too.

Then when I respond to the poll, my comments are double posted between the poll and the two blank posts. If my other tester responds to the poll his comments are double posted after mine but before the two blank posts.

The poll works otherwise.

You can look at the test board and what is happening: http://www.iambornagainru.org/ubbtest/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I just did another test...

When I create the poll it puts up a blank post by no one with the poll right behind it by no one.

As soon as anyone responds is makes the first post and the poll by the creator and then moves the two empty posts down.

Any ideas would help, thank you!

If you would like to log in and try it for yourself username is: tester pswrd is: tester

or you can just register - i have it set to give you your password right there

[ July 08, 2001 08:09 PM: Message edited by: CaCoffin ]

ok

I uninstalled the poll mods and every thread is as it should be...

So that means the error is in the routine that is getting the topics and displaying them right?

Which is ubb_get_topic.cgi right?

Or would it be somewhere else?

I hate to ask this, for fear that everyone will mock me, however, what special things must I do to install this on UBB 6.0 Gold?

License ran out, and got too many hacks to worry about updating to a newer version..

Thanks in advance...

The server where the mod is hosted is non-existant...

quote:
I uploaded it to my server so you can download it here

http://www.ultanime.net/ubb/hacks/thread-polls.zip

//i wanna scream, show the world i have an inside.
i wanna bleed, let the blood flow, that keeps me alive.
I had what I thought was the problem posted and looking for an answer.

However something went off (or is that on?) in my head and I tried something else and now I have the poll program working 100% on a test board that has nothing else installed!!!

In the instructions there is a reference to custom_status

I removed the reference to custom_status as follows:

Code
code:

I changed that to:

Code
code:

(Taking out $custom_status)

AND

in the file public_poll_page there is a section that should be commented out IF you do not have the custom status and avatar hacks installed

Code
code:

actually I just deleted the whole section but remarking it out would be better in case you install those hacks later on

What is missing from these instructions is that we (the "idiots" who don't know better) should go into the poll files and uncomment the code that needs to be uncommented IF we have the avatar and custom status hacks installed.

I realize now this is the problem I was having with my board when I tried installing this hack previously.

So now I will attempt to install this hack on my board (that has the avatar and custom status hacks already installed on).

This has been a very educational process to say the least! And even though it has been many hours of banging my head on the desk, pulling my hair out, and wondering how stupid I can be, it has been fun through it all; especially when I eventually figured out what was wrong and could fix it!

Now I too can say, "Great MOD! Thanks and I look forward to future versions!"

Christopher
The Born Again Board

[ July 10, 2001 03:06 AM: Message edited by: CaCoffin ]

quote:
Thanks... wanted to check this one out. I haven't had much luck with any of the others.

Here's my problem:

[Linked Image]

As you can see, after I post the poll, this is what I'm getting. Since I'm really an idiot as far as perl goes, I have no idea what's going on. I click "new poll" type a subject, type the option, type a comment, post it, then when I go to look at it, I get this. Check my board out if you want: matt.dynodns.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi .

Oh man... that's not all that happened, it also blanked out the first post in every single thread and moved it to the place where the latest post would be in that thread... what the hell did I do wrong? And to make things even more interesting, those blank posts that are in every thread don't move at all. They always stay at the bottom of the thread. It's looking like maybe I screwed up while copying some of the code. If anyone has an idea what I should doublecheck or how I could fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'm running version 6.0 and I skipped that 6.04 specific section of the instructions. Other people said it worked for them, though...

Okay, I've fixed all the code (as far as I can tell, I've gone over it twice) and now my name and stats show up when I post a poll, but now just the poll itself is missing.

[ July 10, 2001 06:52 PM: Message edited by: PowerMatt ]

quote:
No problem smile.

//i wanna scream, show the world i have an inside.
i wanna bleed, let the blood flow, that keeps me alive.
quote:
This was the root of my problem... can't believe I missed that.

I have a suggestion, is it possible to edit a poll?

Just a quick question, is this hack still being worked on? I haven't seen any messages from Alan or Olson for quite a while now. Not rushing just wondering.

notta

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
it appears ryan believes it works to his liking and isn't developing it anymore...

jordo is developing a similar modification that surpasses this one in administrative control, so you might consider that one if you are looking for ongoing support. As it is, this one does work if it's installed correctly.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Ok, well then here is my problem. Ex:
3 pictures to vote on in a thread.

User A: Posts the poll with 3 pics.
User B: Votes and types a reply.

Open the thread and you see 2 posts the orignal on the bottom with 3 pics and User B's post on the top also with 3 pics and the voting standing but no reply that he wrote.

Now User C comes along and votes and now he is on the top looking like User B in the previous post(3 pics and no reply) but now User B's post is in the second positon is now the way it should have been when he posted orignally.

Bottom line, your reply is not shown until the next person votes. I had to tell everyone not to reply in the reply box I would just create another thread for comments. Clear or garbage? smile

notta

Ok, LK helped me clear something up in the chat room, but I still have the problem that if a person replies in the reply box then their reply will not show up until a new person votes. I undestand now that the images repeat on the most recent reply, but I wish there reply would show. Too confusing, see for yourself. Make sure to reply in the box.

nm the room is password protected.

notta

[ July 18, 2001 12:33 PM: Message edited by: notta ]

ERRR! This hack is soo long and I have done it for like 8 times and it never works! Can anyone install it for me? Possibly you, Allen? Well contact me, or reply, I would willing to pay as well.

I get this error:
You did not complete all required fields.
You did not complete: TemplateName

I was editing my template.

Never mind, look above

[ July 19, 2001 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Teleknesis ]

nevermind

[ July 19, 2001 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Teleknesis ]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63