Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
4.0 Beta 3 is available!

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album/

Changes:

• Configuration is now modifyable through the web. Call http://www.webserver.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=config to configure your settings in a web interface. You can change the config code from the default to stop others from re-configuring your board for you. (See notes in the album.cfg file.)
  • Added updateconfig and config function codes to the config file, as noted above.
  • Added nextprevthumb config item, which allows you to control the display of next and previous photo thumbnails.
  • Added constrain_thumbs, thumb_height and thumb_width config items. If constrain_thumbs is set to 1, uses height and width tags to reduce display size of actual photo, and uses that for the thumbnail. The thumb_height and thumb_width config items are used to control the size of the constrained thumbnail shown. When you use this option, you no longer have to provide seperate thumbnail images to get custom thumbnails, they are generated automatically. However, since the thumbnails are actually the original image constrained, you will in effect be loading the entire image.
  • Added ``last viewed date'' to the views file.
  • Added ####VIEWS#### tag and updated the photo.tml template.
  • Album and photo icons can now be any valid photo extension, as defined by the imgexts config item.
  • Added parseLinks to make generated links more Netscape friendly. Currently, it replaces spaces with %20 in any links.

I'd like to thank Chuck for his work on the Control Panel stuff. Unfortunately, I went another route for configuration, so it's not as tightly couple with UBB. (Many of my users don't even know what a UBB is.) This was a tough call, and in no way reflects the quality of Chuck's work, which is outstanding. I wish I could have done a better job of integrating that code into the script...

As always, any problems, suggestions, priase or complaints are welcome.

Cheers

[ July 23, 2001 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
no problem mike smile

If people want it once the script is finish I'll work on an UBB only version smile

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
Great work Mike!!

You did it again

If We could only solve the thumbnail problem this would be a finished program.

Mike has done a great job. I think all security holes have been patched and enough suggestions taken. I have searched hard trying to find the right thumbnail integration. This is the one last obstacle that evades this great program.

quote:
THIS FELLOW has made a study on the subject, and chosen NetPBM as his thumbgenerator for his gallery.
NetPBM is included in RedHat 7.1 distro.

I have also made a couple of suggestions on the subject some messages above this one.

So..if we could convince Mike to integrate one of these as a choise of configuration, then perhaps it will be a good one for us linuxgeeks too. laugh

Sponsored Links
quote:
Chuck, I am very interested, so please make it laugh

[ July 26, 2001 10:59 AM: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]

Veteran
Veteran
quote:
OK once the program is a little more finished, I will work on it smile

While we are on the subject of thumbnails.

I FOUND A NEW BUG WITH 4.0 BETA 3 the latest one.

Thumbnails always worked for me on previous versions. I created my thumbnails and they are there in the directory. However if you click the link below you can plainly see they are not being displayed.

http://reeftalk.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=reefs

Chuck

Hey Mike!

You've done ****ing great work....
This is the right thing that I want.

Thank you so much!

Junhyok

Okay here are my findings constrain thumbnail must be set to on for thumbnails to be recognized otherwise it uses the generic thumb. Seems like a bug to me. smile Anyway quick fix is to simply put a 1 and live with it till the next version.

Sponsored Links
omegatron,

I think I've got this one nailed. Let me know if you want an advance copy to try out.

Thanks

Edit: Turns out it's still a bug. I'll take a look...

[ July 25, 2001 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]

That's odd. I can't reproduce omegatron's problem...

So if I have constrain_thumbs=0 (gotta get used to using the new web interface), you're saying that any photos/albums with custom thumbnails won't show? (I.E. thumb_myphoto.gif will be ignored and it will use the generic icon instead?)

It works OK for me with constrain_thumbs on or off...

Mike,

You got mail. It is only photo's uploaded and thumbnails I made for photo since upgrading to beta 3. WEIRD HA>?

Good news and bad news:

It works OK for me.

Based on my predictions, you should have a file at http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery/corals/thmb_agranulosa.JPG for one of your thumbnails, but I get a 404 when I go there. If a custom thumbnaul can't be found by the script, you'll get the generic icon.

Hard to say what's going on, maybe permissions?

Edit: Looks like you're figuring it out as we speak, things are changing (and looking good) on your site! Let me know what it was...

Thanks

[ July 25, 2001 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]

That file is not fouind because I renamed it. I found the bug in the program and it is as follows.

Members uploaded photo's with a .JPG extension instead of .jpg. Your program only recognizes .jpg I would assume since this problem cropped up. As soon as I renamed the files and their thumbs to lowercase they displayed without constrain thumbnails. GO FIGURE SOMETHING THAT SIMPLE

Chuck

Haha. The scary thing is, I knew about that. Buried deep in the "to do" list is:

quote:
I guess just got bumped up a couple notches...

Thanks

Figures I would find that one and dredge it right up top smile Anyway very fixable by renaming the files lowercase. Since I have to make manual thumbs its not that big a deal.

Great Work all in all. You just seem to find all these little picky things that will never seem to go away.

Heheh. Don't worry, I'll take care of this problem... Just like any good software provider, I'll make the promise "It's fixed in the next release." laugh

i dont know what my problem is

i have mine authenticating to my ubb, but it keeps saying
ERROR!

Failed basic sanity test: Naughty naughty! Are you trying to hack me?

whats up with that.

Haha. That message only comes up when someone is trying to upload into a category that doesn't exist as a directory on your system, under your photo album.

It's there to stop people from uploading files into arbitrary places on your system.

I'm guessing that it's getting a "false reading" here for some reason. If you want to post/PM/e-mail me the location of your album, I can take a look for you.

Cheers

Album.pl 4.0 Beta 4:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

In this release:

• Added upload_template config item, and album_upload.tml template, which can be used to customize the upload form.
  • Added ####FILE=filename.html#### tag to templates. Automatically inserts the contents of ``filename.html'' into the template. (Note that it doesn't have to be a HTML file.) Used for SSI like behaviour, common headers/footers, or even nesting templates.
  • Added album_header.tml and album_footer.tml sub-templates. Modified album.tml and photo.tml to include them, using FILE tag above.
  • Added several new tags to the templates, mostly for the upload form template.
  • Added ratingfile, rating_form and update_rating config items, which allow the use of user ratings of photos. Please, I know this feature is crap right now, so bear with me!
  • Added rating_template config item and album_rating.tml template, to allow the rating form to be customized as a template.
  • Fixed the upper case/lower case thumbnail extension problem. (Thanks omegatron!)
  • Added YABB authentication for uploads. (Set upload_authentication_type=3)
  • Updated photo and album templates.
  • Improved code performance for tracking views.
  • Some random bug fixes, that I forget about now.

I'm going on vacation starting this Friday, for 3 weeks, so I won't be updating the script while I'm away.

I know the ratings feature is pretty basic, but I wanted to get something out before I go. Feedback is welcome, as always, but I won't be able to respond while I'm on vacation.

Anyway, enjoy!

Cheers

Woow Mike! Tnx for the rating adjustment, it's cool! laugh

Have a great vacation, you deserve it.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Variables ]

Thanks!

I'm not gone yet, so I can address any big issues that come out of beta 4, at least until Friday... smile

One small bug has been fixed in the zip. The jump station would display the name of the current for each album in the drop down list, if no description was provided in descriptions.txt.

Fixed, and I'm outta here!

Hi,
First of all I would like to thank you about your work.
It's right on the money!
I've been waiting for long time to this.....

I have problem to install
Currently I'm using win2000 server.
I tried to install follow the document included in *.zip file, but "http://www.xxxxxxxx/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=config" function doesn't work at all.
Absolutely I checked all permission setting,
And I have lot of experience of UBB hacking..

So can you help me?

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: omegatron ]

Something is set wrong as I have cable access to the internet and can not even reach your page to get an error. I would help if I could but can't reach ya. I would suspect your server is having a little problem itself.

examples:

http://www.reeftalk.com/cgi-bin/album.pl

here is my config as an example minus any passwords smile

#########
# NOTES #
#########

# You should go through every setting below and make sure that each of these variables are set to suit your site. If you're not sure what the setting does after reading the description, try leaving it alone.

###################
# PATHS AND FILES #
###################

# This section sets the paths for various files and directories needed to run the album. This is probably the most critical section, as neglecting to make changes here will prevent your album from running properly. See album.html for more information on the files, correct permissions, and their uses.

# Photo Album Root Directory. This is where you will put your images and sub-directories. These will automatically be viewed as photos and albums by the script.
rootdir=/home/reeftalk/www/gallery

# Photo album web site root. This is the actual URL that goes to your photo album rootdir, as defined above. It's not the URL that will be used be users to invoke the script.
webroot=http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery

# Relative path to album.pl, from "webroot" as defined above. This is appended to webroot to get the path to the album.pl script, as a web URL.
relalbum=../cgi-bin

# Path and filename of the album template file. This file is used as a template to display albums. See album.html for file format information.
album_template=/home/reeftalk/www/images/album.tml

# Path and filename of the photo template file. This file is used as a template to display photos. See album.html for file format information.
photo_template=/home/reeftalk/www/images/photo.tml

# Path and filename of the upload template file. This file is used as a template to display the upload form. See album.html for file format information.
upload_template=/home/reeftalk/www/images/album_upload.tml

# Path and filename of the upload rating file. This file is used as a template to display the rating form. See album.html for file format information.
rating_template=/home/reeftalk/www/images/album_rating.tml

# Path to notify file. Used to store the e-mail addresses of anyone who has chosen to be notified when new photos are added. Only used if you set notify=1 later, otherwise ignore. This file has to be writable to the web server.
notify_file=data/photo_addresses.txt

# Web path to photo icon. Should be a relative path, as it is also appended to webroot to get the URL.
photo_icon=../images/thmb_photo.gif

# Web path to movie icon. Should be a relative path, as it is also appended to webroot to get the URL.
movie_icon=../images/thmb_movie.gif

# Web path to album icon. Should be a relative path, as it is also appended to webroot to get the URL.
album_icon=../images/thmb_album.gif

# File path to photo icon
file_photo_icon=/home/reeftalk/www/images/thmb_photo.gif

# File path to movie icon
file_movie_icon=/home/reeftalk/www/images/thmb_movie.gif

# File path to album icon
file_album_icon=/home/reeftalk/www/images/thmb_album.gif

# Link to style sheet (optional). As you want it to appear in all HTML pages. Should be an absolute path, since each page must call it and they may exist in different locations.
style_sheet=../Photo_Album.css

# Descriptions filename. This is the file used to store all photo and album titles and descriptions. These should all be writable to the web server if you intend to update titles/descriptions from the web. This does not set the path, just the name of the file that will be used in each album.
descname=descriptions.txt

# Valid Image extensions. Only files ending in these extensions will be considered a photo. Anything not in this list will not be displayed as a photo. Only files with this extension will be allowed to be uploaded (assming you allow uploads).
@imgexts=gif,jpg,bmp

# Valid Image extensions. Only files ending in these extensions will be considered a movie. Anything not in this list will not be displayed as a movie. Only files with this extension will be allowed to be uploaded (assming you allow movie uploads).
@movieexts=avi,mpg,mpeg

# Location to log photo uploads. Must be writable to the web server if used.
upload_logfile=album.log

# Location of UBB or YABB "Members" directory. Used for UBB or YABB authentication (upload_authentication_type=2 or upload_authentication_type=3). Should be the absolute filesystem path.
membersdir=/home/reeftalk/www/Members

# Path to the authentication database. Only needed if upload_authentication_type=0. This file is a simple text flatfile, see album.html for the format.
auth_db=/home/reeftalk/auth_db.txt

# The filename to use (per album) to track the number of times a each photo has been viewed. If this is left blank, views are not tracked. This is should not contain a path, it determines only the name of the file to be used in each album to track views.
viewfile=views.txt

# The filename to user (per album) to track user ratings. If this is left blank, ratings are disabled. This is should not contain a path, it determines only the name of the file to be used in each album to track ratings.
ratingfile=ratings

###########
# DISPLAY #
###########

# This section contains settings to determine how information is displayed to the user

# Number of columns used to display photos/albums.
columns=6

# Space between columns of photos/albums.
column_spacing=20

# Description location - 0=Right, 1=Below
descloc=1

# Use buttons or text for "next" and "previous" links? (Shown when viewing photos.) 1=use buttons; 0=use text links. Not used for static HTML.
usebuttons=1

# If this is set to 1, a "jump to" box is shown when in an album, which allows the user to jump to any peer album.
jump_to=1

# Show number of photos in each album.
# Note: can seriously slow down viewing of large albums!
showcount=1

# Show number of movies in each album.
# Note: can seriously slow down viewing of large albums!
showmoviecount=0

# Use icons for albums/photos that do not have thumbnails?
icons=1

# Show a legend (for the icons, only on the first page)
legend=0

# Use "Update Notifier"?
#
# NOTE: This only keeps a list of e-mail addresses, it does not send any info out. It's up to you to send out the e-mail to everyone in the notify file once you've added pictures.
# 1=use notifier, 0=no notifier
notify=0

# The width of the border to put on album icons, to distinguish them from photo thumbnails
album_border=2

###########
# UPLOADS #
###########

# Allow uploads? If this is 1, people can upload to your photo album by using the function=$upload flag. See below for authentication information. Setting this option to 0 disallows uploads.
allow_uploads=1

# Allow movies to be uploaded too?
movie_upload=1

# Can users overwrite photos when they upload? (I.E. upload photos with filenames that already exist?) 1=overwrite, 0=don't allow overwrite
upload_overwrite=0

# Size limit (in kilobytes) on uploaded photos
upload_size_limit=256

# Sets the type of authentication to use:
#
# 0 = Anonymous (user can enter their name, no password required)
# 1 = Use flatfile DB authenticaiton. Must set auth_db parameter for this to work.
# 2 = Use UBB authentication. Must set membersdir parameter for this to work.
# 3 = YABB authentication. Must set membersdir parameter for this to work.
upload_authentication_type=2

# For UBB authentication: Turning this option on will force users to upload photos into their own directory. They will not be allowed to pick a category, and will not be allowed to upload into any other directory. If a directory for that user does not already exist, one will be created when that user uploads their first photo. They will no longer be presented with a "category" list, any photos they upload will automatically be saved into their personal directory.
ubb_member_upload=0

##############
# THUMBNAILS #
##############

# Thumbnail prefix - prepend this to any thumbnail file. For example, "thmb_anypic.jpg" would be used as the thumbnail for "anypic.jpg" if $thumbprefix="thmb_". If it's null, no thumbnails are used.
thumbprefix=thmb_

# If set to 0, generic thumbnails are used if a custom thumbnail can't be found. If set to 1, it will use a height/width tag to constrain the actual image for a thumbnail, if a custom thumbnail can't be found. For photos only. Be aware that turning this on means that every photo will load every time your album is viewed, which will incur a lot of extra network traffic.
constrain_thumbs=0

# Height to make constrained thumbnails
thumb_height=60

# Width to make constrained thumbnails
thumb_width=80

# Show thumbnails for next and previous photos?
nextprevthumb=1

##########
# STATIC #
##########

# This section contains settings for creating static HTML files.

# Turn this flag on to create static HTML for every album and every photo. (Great for viewing offline, saving to a CD, etc.) When this is turned on, it may seem like your system is hung for a bit. Just let it run, and it will come back with a status display eventually. The bigger the photo album, the longer it will take... You'll probably only want to set this flag, run the script, and then clear the flag again. Otherwise, you just keep re-creating all thos files.
create_html_flag=0

# Filename to use for static HTML files (should be the default file read by your web server to work properly). This should not include path info, as it's only the name of the file that will be created in each album directory.
static_html_filename=index.html

########
# MISC #
########

# Settings that don't fit under any other category.

# Slide Show timer. Set to number of seconds to wait before autmatically displaying next photo (0=don't run as a slide show)
slide_timer=0

# Name for the root album in the descriptions file. This allows the "root" album to be given a title and description.
rootalbumname=Root

# Descriptions file delimiter. Used to separate description entries in $descname.
desc_delim=~

# Password protect album? If so, set this to the password you want to use. This one password will be used for all access to the album. Leave it blank for an unprotected album. (password=)
album_password=

Hmmm. Your server is up, but I can't get to your album script. Must be a setting, or something like that, as omegatron said. Try running album.pl from the command line (shell access) if you can...

Cheers

Thanks for your help guys!
I'll check again whole setting, but in my opinion the problem probably caused from win2k server ....

Anyway I'll check again and let you know something happen.

Junhyok

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]

Hot off the press!

4.0 Final (I guess I should also post this in the "finished" forum...)

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

Changes:

• Updated default style sheet. (It's now gray, not blue.)
  • Descriptions for albums are now shown for the upload form. Sub-albums are indented.
  • Added showsubalbumcount config item. Can be used to show the number of ``sub albums'' in a given album.
  • Added webifyLinks subroutine. Right now it allows & in filenames to be handled correctly.
  • Started adding style classes to the style sheet and to the templates. Makes better use of style sheets, and allows all items of a particular type to be changed in a single place. Updated templates to make use of these new classes.
  • Added the ####STOPSLIDESHOW#### tag for the ``Stop Slideshow'' button (which was also added in this release). Updated photo.tml to use this new tag.
  • Added the ####STOPDEBUG#### tag for the ``Stop Debugging'' button (which was also added in this release). Updated photo.tml and album.tml to use this new tag.
  • Fixed slideshows - they weren't working!
  • Minor bug fixes.
  • Plus all the "beta" updates.

Should be more stable than the betas, as I've spent quite a bit of time in code clean up and fixing those little bugs than can turn into big problems...

Enjoy, and please let me know if you have any problems...

Veteran
Veteran
nice

I'll give a try, do you think it's 6.1 compatible ?

I think I have to give up the install....
I have no clue
The "http://www.xxxxxx/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=config" doesn't work still...

Bye

Chuck, It's definitely 6.1 compatible. (I'm running 6.1 myself.)

junhyok, I can't even get to http://www.raps.co.kr/cgi-bin/album.pl. Have you been able to get any other CGI's running? Sorry it's such a hassle for you. I should be able to help a bit more in a week when I get off vacation...

Cheers

Absolutely....
My ubb is running fine

Please help me

quote:
What a shame on me!
I missed *.pl perl mapping with %s %s.....
laugh
It's works now....
Thanks

Aha. I've been bitten by that one too. Glad to hear it's working now!

Cheers

I have problems to use the function
"create_html_flag=1" and "ubb_member_upload=0"

1] When I turn on "create_html_flag=1" option
the static Html pages only viewing "Cannot open file: C:/inetpub/ftproot/raps/photo_album/&slideshow=1"
error message.

2] Every upload option is works fine but when I turn on "ubb_member_upload=1" option,
"Failed basic sanity test: Naughty naughty! Are you trying to hack me?" message comes out.

What I did wrong?

1] I'll have to check that out. Off the top of my head, I'd say that creating the static HTML doesn't work when slideshows are turned on through the config file. Try setting slide_timer=0 in the config file before creating the static HTML.

2] That's a bug! I've just fixed it in the zip, so if you re-download, it should be good.

Thanks

Mike you are the man!

It works fine.....good enough for me now.

I have something to report to you

1] When I use the password option the "upload" fucntion doesn't work:
After I click the upload button it ask me the password again and the upload is not completed.

2]Since I use the "create_html_flag"option, I can't turn it off through the config page.
I have to turn off it by the text-editor.

3]And if I could use the password option by category, it will be great!

Thanks again Mike
It's really great work

Junhyok

I found another problem

The album.tml & photo.tml cannot find the "header.tml" and "footer.tml"

Probably the code ####FILE=header.tml#### doesn't work.

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63