Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. The header/footer file includes work OK for me. (are they all in the same directory?)

All the rest are probably bugs that I'll have to take a look at... smile

Cheers

Sponsored Links
They are in the same directory....
Now I'm using the header/footer.tml code by manual
( I copied the code of header/footer.tml direct to album.pl and photo.pl laugh )
Is it Win2k Bug?

Thanks

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]

verey nice hack ,,,,
there is one thing about the catogry the nonenglish charactar cant be a folder name so if there any id to do the catogry with oure language ,,,
so when i make folder name test the name in the upload page will be (تجربة wink ,,,

junhyok,

I've updated the zip again. The file incldue problem should be solved for you... I haven't had time to check out the others yet, but I will.

To j_assim, the answer is yes! Just us a descriptions.txt file to "map" each directory to a custom name. See album.html for a file format, and if you have any problems, just let me know...

Cheers

Thanx smile

Sponsored Links
how about assign pic to each dept ,,,

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: j_assim ]

What do you mean by "dept"?

i found how i can do this thing
laugh
i mean catogry
exampel
Garrison (0)
General (2)
Humour (23)

quote:
Thanks a lot Mike!

umm, could i port this hack for use with yabb?
sorry, if i cause any disturbance on the forum, but i really like ubb and yabb both, but know more of how to script mods in yabb...
I am osrry to ask on "ubb"dev, but i feel that there should not be rivalry between forums....

Sponsored Links
omario,

Yes!

Just set:

quote:
in album.cfg and you're set to use YABB authentication.

Cheers

Mike,

I found a nice little bug with the uppercase lowercase again. This time in the photo upload page in members authentication using UBB verification. If a member has a capital letter in their password field they will not authenticate. I have thoroughly tested this and found it to be accurate smile

Good catch. I'll check it out and see if I can fix it...

whow thnx 4 this great heck smile

No problem.

omegatron: I just tested it, and (of course) it works for me.

I'll e-mail you and see if we can get to the bottom of this...

4.1 now out. It's pretty slack, but I figured I had to get it out the door:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

• Added photos_per_page config item. Limits the number of photos displayed for a given album to the value set here. Uses a multi-page link set to allow the user to view other pages.
  • Added ####PAGES#### tag, updated style sheets and album.tml.
  • Minor bug fixes.

Cheers

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]

Just put out 4.2. The only change is that the "debug" tag can be changed via the config file.

This prevents people from viewing your album in debug mode, potentially exposing information you don't want to made public...

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

Cheers

I had a problem with creating a directory when uploading.

in album.pl
quote:
It was an error that wouldn't let it write. This fixed it for me.

raiyan,

You're absolutely right. And oddly enough, I fixed this problem myself just a few days ago, in what will eventually be 4.3.

Great work!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Really like what you've done so far Mike, eet's looking good smile

There is no clear way to get back to the front page unless you just back up, can you provide some sort of ubb-like bread crumb trail across the top or bottom? smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Great idea. I'll add it to the "to do" list and hopefully it'll see some action soon.

Version 4.4 is here !

• Changed upload_authentication_type config item to authentication_type.
  • Added protect_album config item to turn on album viewing security. (Users must authenticate according to authentication_type requirements before they can view the album.)
  • Now works with the YaBB security mod, for encrypted passwords. (No configuration required, will check both plaintext and ``security mod'' passwords silently.)
  • Expanded static album metrics.

Cheers

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]

Great Script!

I dont mean to get off-topic, but I noticed a few hints that you tested this out on IIS...how the heck did you get Perl to run on IIS!?

No problem: www.activestate.com , it's a free PERL download. Great stuff, and allows my UNIX/Apache stuff to "just work" on IIS!

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]

Doesnt quite work as expected Mike. I am going back to the previous version.

My albums do not show up and the individual photo's for albums dont come up they read example

http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery//thmb_reefs.gif

seems there is an extra / in there that is not suppose to be in the code.

You need to set a few permissions within IIS.

Check out http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/actperl/actperl.html for what ya need to do and how.

Although, what that doesnt show you, is how to set scripting to work in every folder without having to set it manually.

When you open the Internet Services Manager, drill down to Default Web Site, right-click on it, select Properties, go to the Home Directory tab, and hit the Create button. That'll be the default for all folders unless you change that folder's properties.

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Outback2K1 ]

Mike,

Anyway I stepped back to version 4.2 which works great. One bug I have neglected to bring up in every version you have released since you added the feature.

Automatic config via script. It works after you manually configure the script once by hand.

However when you unzip your files and go upload everything how nice would it be to config things right in that nice pretty window. It would be great not to point to where it is configured when you called it up but to where it closed at.

I looked for any pointers in the script to your site but alas it is a coding issue, which i am not good at. Like I said you have it coded to save back to the site at the point of opening the config option and not saving to the site pointed in the end, THIS WOULD SOLVE THIS ISSUE EASY ENOUGH.

As far as the album.gifs there is that extra /

omegatron,

I'm not sure why you had problems with 4.4, but I'd guess that it's a missing config item. (You'd have to update all config items touched in 4.3 and 4.4 - per_member_upload, authentication_type and protect_album, for example.) Hopefully that's it, I've upgraded several sites already, and "it just worked."

As for the "automatic config via script" option, I'm not sure what you mean... Is it "have the script guess where album.cfg is?" If so, that's already done. (Try it - put album.cfg in the same dir as album.pl and it'll find it automagically...)

If the request is to merge existing config settings with the new version's config, I haven't tackled that one... It's a biggie...

Outback2K1, I'm not sure what you're talking about! It looks like you want the album script to configure your cgi-bin directory or something... Can you clarify?

Thanks!

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]

Mike,

Yeah you misunderstood what I was saying smile .

As far as version 4.4 I updated every config item and the program was trying to find the directories actually on top of themselves. It weas weird so if it was trying to open say corals under gallery which is correct it was trying gallery/corals/corals?? weird.

Anyway the problem with the config is exactly this. Since you released the new web config it has never worked correctly. When I unzip the files ( config file and PL file are in same directory ) It tries to upload settings back to your server since you send it loaded with your defaults. Now if I upload the config file after I modify it and then reconfigure from the web it works. You just cant initially configure it cause it tries and save it to your server !! Now ya got me smile

I will try 4.4 again.

Ahhhh. I get it now. You can't unpack the album.cfg because it overwrites your settings.

Yep, that's true. The way I always upgrade my albums (and I run 3, so it's a pain in the a** for me too) is to read album.html and see what config items I've changed. Then I manually edit the file (not via the web interface) to get the new items in.

As you point out, the problem is that the web interface doesn't allow you to add new config items, or rename existing ones, so you *have* to edit the file...

It's on the list, thanks...

I am just saying that no matter what you have to edit the cfg file. The web interface is useless unless you want to reedit the config.

I found a way around it though smile

If you go in manually edit the first two which point to the the gallery directory etc. and location of config file you can then upload it and do the web interface. It is so much quicker doing it by the web interface its redicious. The only bug like I was saying is when you edit your config file via web interface you just need to program in a line that has it save the configuration where it points to now and not where it did when it was opened. smile

I'm probably just not thinking straight, but the location of the config file is set in album.pl, not through the web config...

So when would it save to an alternate location?

Cheers

You definately are not thinking correct LOL smile

Mike let me state again. I am not talking about where cfg file is? We know it is right next to the PL file in my CGI-BIN directory.

I am talking about if you call the config file from album.pl to do your configuration then it should save it to where it is pointed to in the cfg file. Your program tries to save the file after you modify it back to the original location of where you set it at in the config file example c:/settings/bobbitt blah blah blah.

Another words your web configuration does not work until after initially having to manually configure it. This hense is a major bug!!! thats all I am saying. It has been around since you introduced the feature. Why include a web config wizard is it only half works? see my point now.
you need to either send a blank config file or add programming in the pl file to save to the location that is inputed after editing via web

Chuck,

Still working on understanding/re-producing your issue. I think I've got a handle on it...

In the mean time, here's another upgrade to drive you nuts... smile

New in Album.pl V4.5 :

• Fixed multiple description problem for per user uploads.
  • Added admin config item, to turn on administrative options. (Very limited right now - can only delete photos.)
  • Added the ####ADMIN#### tag, which displays the Administration menu, and updated album.tml, photo.tml and the style sheets.
  • YaBB uploads will now show user's display name (if present) instead of their username.

As always, please notify me of any problems, bugs etc.

Thanks

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
4.5 bugs:

- if u rate a pic u become the message at the top "this pic ... no rate" !!! every time - also the pic is rate !!!
- i can delete and edit pics ? how ?!
- i like to insert a bgpicture in css - (body) - but dont work ?!?!

can u help me ?!

melder,

I can't re-produce your ratings problem, ratings are working fine for me...

You can delete pics, but not edit them (see notes above). To do this, you have to invoke the "admin" function of your board. By default, this is something like http://www.something.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=admin, but if you change "admin" in your album.cfg (*highly recommended*) then you have to change it in the URL as well.

Regarding the CSS, it's all standard, so any CSS changes should work normally. If your background isn't working, I'd make sure you're using the right CSS syntax...

Cheers

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
but if u upload a movie i become at the thumb page the text 4 the original page under the movie ! the pics are only thumbs only he movie show me the text ?!?

and i dont no wy - but netscape dont show the upload page - u know?!

... and ...

can u make to save the config page with password ?! !!! ONLY this page - not all. ?!

take a look to your hack at my page - www.chat-board.de - left navi. "BILDER +" ...

melder,

I can't seem to get to your album. Clicking on BILDER just brings me back to the main page...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you mean with the movie comment. Is it that movies don't have automatic (constrained) thumbnails? That's certainly true, movies will use the default thumbnail icon unless you put a specific thumbnail in place. (thmb_moviename.jpg would be the thumbnail for moviename.mpg, for example...)

For saving the configuration, if you change your "config" and "updateconfig" items, you can treat those as a password.

I see here that u have rating already. Adding comment features would be nice. smile smile smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
mmm BILDER works fine at www.chat-board.de

config save i have understand smile

and here my movie error 4 a better understandig (i hope):

at the frontpage u can see the pics (include the link to the original size + desc and rating) and on the front u see the movie !!! include the desc and rate too. thats my problem !!!

and if u make a other desc (admin funktion) u can´t do it with movies ...

----------

can u make that movies also become a spezial site like the pics? we can show there also a "spezial movie pic" like this time but it look´s like better.

----------

u understand my english ?!? laugh

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63