Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
album.pl V5.6 is now released!

Download it here:
http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

New features in V5.6 are:
Added ``localized configuration'' which means that if you place album.cfg in any album, the settings in that file will override the global settings. This is a very powerful feature, which allows:
  • Permitted file types (one album can be used to view only photos, another for documents, etc)
  • Features such as ratings, slideshows, jhead or ImageMagic integration can be turned on or off on a per album basis
  • Each album can point to it's own album_strings.txt file, allowing customization of all text
  • Local administrators can now administer the photos in their specific album(s), regardless of who uploaded them
  • Albums can be individually password protected, or use a different authentication mechanism (UBB for one, YaBB for another; or use multiple flat file databases, one for each album)
  • And I'm sure there's more that I'm just not thinking of!

Other features:
  • Added concurrent_uploads config item, which allows you to set the number of files a user can upload at once.
  • Added ``Move'' option to the admin menu. Photos and albums can now be moved around using the album.pl UI.
  • Photos can now be uploaded directly into the ``root'' album.
  • Improved code for finding album_strings.txt, which will reduce the ``album_strings.txt not found'' error.
  • Moved much of the documentation out of album.pl itself, and into the FAQ section of the support forums.
  • Descriptions are now removed when photos or albums are deleted.
  • Movies now open up in a new browser window.
  • Added ``Yes'' and ``No'' to album_strings.txt.
  • Added checking for null function codes in the config screen.
  • Fixed a bug with admin username determination.
  • ``Create Album'' link on admin menu is now inactive when viewing most recent uploads.
  • Fixed up a problem where owners were wiped out when descriptions were edited.
  • Fixed a bug with always_pic_resize sometimes enlarging pics when it shouldn't, and vice versa.
  • Fixed a bug where editing titles and descriptions in the root album threw an error.
  • Improved debugging info by adding more debug statements and indenting output from some subroutines.

P.S Happy Canada Day!

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
Has anyone tried this with 6.3? It appears to work for me.

Power User
Power User
Has anyone tried this with 6.3? It appears to work for me.

Yep, I'm running it on a 6.3 beta site, and it works fine...

Ok, I've finally fixed enough bugs that I feel like putting out a new release. laugh

Download it from:
http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

Updates and changes in V5.7 are as follows:

Upgrade Instructions
Add these new config items to album.cfg:
  • small_width
  • small_height
  • medium_width
  • medium_height
  • large_width
  • large_height
  • album_folder_icon
  • cfgver

(See the album.cfg in the 5.7 zip file for specific formatting of these items.)
Replace these files:
  • album.pl
  • all templates (*.tml)
  • Photo_Album.css (optional: Red, Blue and Green style sheets)
  • album_strings.txt (optional: alternate language string tables)
  • thmb_album.gif
  • thmb_movie.gif
  • thmb_photo.gif
  • thmb_album_folder.gif

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
wheeee!!!

laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Mike Bobbitt I've got a question...

I'm running v5.6 without any problems. However I tried to add that Image Magick program to my 2000 IIS 5.0 Server to get the thumbnails to automaticly be generated feature.
This stuff I've download is totally greek to me. I'm not going to mess with it anymore unless there is some sort of a write up that shows how to set Image Magick up just for the album.pl program.
Any chance that something like that exists? laugh

Or if anybody else has messed with it on a 2K box I'm more then open to ideas.

I've got the Image Magick program istalled and it copied a bunch of files into my perl folders. Then I found a 20 meg download that had some files called convert in there. So I made a folder called c:imagemagick and set that as a path in the enviornment variables.
Now also I can run the test picture that comes with this Image Magick and it displays the graident rainbow bar just fine.
But when I set the path of c:imagemagick in my configuration for album.pl it never recgonizes it. I've also changed that to any directory that had a file that started with "convert" and no such luck.
And that's where I am now. confused

Anyways thinks in advance for any help!

Hi Raceit,

ImageMagick is a bit of a tough one at times. I've collected some hints and tips here:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album.pl_archive;action=display;num=1019346237

It sounds like you've done most of this already, but I'd be curious to see what the debug output has to say... smile

Cheers

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Version 6 Beta 1 is out laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hey all... I'm finally closing off the work on the V6 beta. Only 10 items left on the to do list! smile

Anyway, I'm hoping to enlist the help of any willing testers, so we can find and kill off any bugs before 6.0 final hits the streets. Any help would be appreciated!

Download the beta here

And check out the beta feature list here

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'll help Mike laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Thanks Allen, you've been a big help already! thumbsup

After 3 months of development, album.pl V6.0 is now complete. All known bugs have been fixed in this release! Download 6.0 here:

http://perl.bobbitt.ca/album

Unfortunately, since literally every file has gone through radical changes since 5.7, there is no upgrade path. Your best bet is to blow away your templates and style sheets and start again. Anything short of that and you're only causing yourself more work. frown The good news is, your gallery doesn't need to be touched. Titles, ratings, views, owners album heirarchy, etc will all automatically transfer to V6. (So you just need to replace the files that come in the .zip.)

For your pain, you'll get the following features and fixes:

New Features
  • Completely re-designed the templates and style sheet, to use more "modern" standards.
  • Added search screen, with the capability to search filenames, descriptions/tites, owners and ratings/comments.
  • When an album contains both sub-albums and photos or movies, their icons/thumbnails are grouped together. (Added "groups" class to style sheet for this.)
  • Added button graphics (thmb_album_*.gif) and a whack of new config items (*_button). Also added a new img_dir config item to indicate the directory for all images.
  • Added "Random" link to album_header.tml, which will bring the user to a randomly selected image. Thanks to End_User for providing code that was used as a basis for this feature!
  • Added the ability to "shroud" images (I.E. they don't have to live under the web root, album.pl will read them directly). To enable this feature, set album_dir to the location of your photos, and leave album_web blank. Thanks again to End_User for providing sample code!
  • Added "Set Album Thumbnail" to album admin menu. When selected, the admin can pick one of the thumbnails to "represent" that album.
  • Adding an empty file called "no_upload.txt" into any album prevents users from uploading into that album (not for per_member_uploads).
  • Added thumbnails for peer and parent albums in the navigation bar.
  • Added "Fullscreen Slideshow" link to photo views, which allows users to view photos in a new (fullscreen) browser, using a 5 second per picture slideshow. Changes in album_strings.txt, album_footer.tml and Photo_Album.css.
  • Added "Start Slideshow" option to photo admin menu. (Default of 5 seconds per photo.)
  • When viewing photos, the link to the "parent" album (in the nav footer) will take you to the page that photo is on (not always page 1).
  • Added ####CONFIG=var#### tag, which displays the value of "var". For example, inserting ####CONFIG=quota#### will display the current upload quota, and ####CONFIG=loggedin#### will show the currently logged in user's name.
  • Added ####DATE#### tag which will display the current date and time.
  • Updated album_header.tml and album_footer.tml to move the image sizes links below the photo.
  • Added capability to deal with MD5 hashed passwords in UBB 6.4.
  • Changed all web vars to be separated by ; instead of &: http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=:recent&ssi=5 becomes http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=:recent;ssi=5
  • Directories no longer need to be world writable in many cases. When updating descriptions, ratings, view tracking info or even the album config, as long as the file is writable it will succeed. (In previous releases, the directory had to be writable in order to create a temp file).
  • Added "block_ubb_junior_members_from_uploading" config item. Made the name long, but it should be self explanatory. smile When set to 1, Junior Members will be unable to upload.
  • Added "bread_style" config item, which allows you to switch between a folder heirarchy and a single line format for bredcrumbs.
  • Added "fullscreen" mode for slideshows. A "Fullscreen Mode" button is now shown when viewing slideshows, and it'll display just the photo, with a width of 1024. Still not fully polished, but it works.
  • Added "member_subdir" config item. When set in per_member_upload mode, all user upload directories will be created under this directory. (I.E. users/member1, users/member2...)
  • Added "rows" config item, which replaces "photos_per_page". The rows config item determines how many rows of photos and movies to display on a page.
  • Added "default_size" config item, which allows you define the default size that photos will be displayed (small, medium or large, as defined).
  • Admins are exempted from the "no_upload.txt" per album upload blocking.
  • Changed hard coded borders for albums, photos, movies and newly generated thumbnails to use style sheet classes (img.album, img.photo, img.movie and img.thumb in Photo_Album.css).
  • When logging in to a password protected album, you are now taken to that album, not to the root album. (Code from J.P. Stewart)
  • Changed upload log to use display names (not user names) where possible, which shows up in the recent uploads screen.
  • Users are now logged in when they successfully upload a photo (for flatfile authentication).
  • Moved revision history out of album.pl and into this file (CHANGES.txt).
  • Added "Show More" link to recent uploads, which allows users to view all logged uploads.
  • Added new mode: descloc=2 hides all titles/ratings/info under a thumbnail, showing just the thumbnail itself in album view.
  • Mismatched version numbers or inaccessible views files no longer cause album.pl to halt, instead a warning is displayed at the bottom of the page.
  • Clicking on "Upload" from a specific album will now set that album as the default upload directory. (Thanks to Systematic for the code!)
  • Added randomizer "SSI" code: http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?random=1;ssi=1 will display the thumbnail for a random photo, linked to the actual photo in the album.
  • The value of the "SSI" variable now indicates how many recent uploads to display: http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=:recent;ssi=5 will show just the most recent 5.
  • You can now run "SSI" slideshows: http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=photoname;slideshow=5;ssi=1 will show just the photos (with no styles or formatting) in a slideshow. Great for SSI includes...
  • Removed "login," "upload," and "rating_form" function codes from album.cfg. They're now hard coded in album.pl, as there was no real benefit to being able to change them.
  • HTML tags are now stripped from the object's title, when it appears as the page title title.
  • Added comments to the templates, to make them easier to understand.
  • Fixed up static HTML statistics.
  • Improved code all over the place! album.pl is now much easier to extend, as several core functions have been moved into subroutines that can be called without context.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug with ImageMagick creating the same thumbnail for multiple images. (Was a bug in album.pl, not IM)
  • Fixed album delete problem, where files and albums where not deleted.
  • Fixed pagination problems.
  • Fixed a bug where "unsetting" values in a local config (I.E. sortby=0) would not work.
  • Cleaned up some of the upload errors, to be popup windows, instead of just text at the bottom of the upload screen.
  • Converted all paths to UNIX style (using /'s not 's) for internal use. This fixes some minor issues with the config.
  • Fixed a problem where the "Rate it" link was being displayed differently based on if there were comments or not.
  • Fixed problem where updating the description for the last photo in an album threw an error.
  • Fixed a bug where albums with certain characters, like ( or ) would have a broken title and nav footer.
  • Fixed a bug where albums with & in the filename would have broken pagination.

Check in with the album.pl support forums if you have any problems of questions.
Cheers, and enjoy!

P.S. Allen et al, this "mod" works with the 6.3 betas as well... Not sure where this thread belongs, and I didn't want to start a new one. smile

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Awesome! In the next version, can you please split album.pl to like, hmm, 500 different files of 1000 lines? wink

LOL. What, a 10,000 line PERL script is too long? smile I keep thinking (and forgetting) about splitting it up. Should probably get around to it soon...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmm.. might be a little easier on the server that way, but sure makes it easy to update wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Yeah, good point. Laziness has won out so far on this one, and it may still! wink

Ok, I didn't. smile

But I have released 6.1 [ download here ]. Updates and fixes are as follows:

New Features
  • Database support! Forums such as UBB.Threads, Ikonboard, phpbb2 and YaBB SE can now be used for authentication.
  • A new template, album_object.tml has been added. This new template defines how each object is displayed (I.E. trhumbnail, title, etc), allowing for much better customization. There are many new tags in this template.
  • Got rid of 2 useless templates: album_recent.tml and album_rating.tml didn't have much in them, so I killed them. They're no longer required.
  • Added new installation troubleshooting tool: album_test.pl will display useful diagnostic information when viewed from the web.
  • Photo album now renders properly in Mozilla based browsers. Updated several tags in the style sheet.
  • Links to invalid objects will no longer attempt to show an object that isn't there.
  • Added new ####RANDTHUMB#### tag, which inserts a randomly selected thumbnail from the album. Includes photo title and is a link to the actual photo.
  • Added ability to have random SSI thumbnail slideshows: http://perl.bobbitt.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?random=1;ssi=1;slideshow=5 will show a new random thumbnail every 5 seconds.
  • Added check to see if any 2 function codes are the same.
  • Last photo in a slideshow now includes "Close This Window" button.
  • Added textmenu config item, which allows the use of text based menus, as opposed to the default images. (Note: templates must be manually updated if text memus are used.)
  • Comments are now hidden from the album view, displayed as the "alt" text of the "Rate It" button and on the photo view screen. Cleans up messy albums with long comments.
  • All errors will now result in a popup window, making them easier to identify.
  • Warnings can now be "stacked."
  • View files (views.txt) that aren't writable no longer stop execution, they just throw a warning.
  • Added style classes for links (admin, options, breadcrumbs, etc), and added corresponding definitions to the style sheet.
  • Broke out thumbnail links to display individually for the thumbnail and for the title. (Helps with browser formatting.)
  • Added new "ssirecentuploads" class to style sheet. This class can be used to have "ssi" recent upload thumbnails display horizontally or vertically, and controls the space between thumbs.
  • Added a link to album_test.pl to the configuration management screen (if present).
  • Display name is automatically pre-filled on the rating form when a user is logged in.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where legend would not usually display.
  • Fixed a bug where going "up" from an album on a page > 1 would cause it to try to go to that page # in the parent album, and throw things off.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause member directories to never get a title/description when using member_subdir
  • Fixed a bug where "Set Album Thumbnail" wouldn't work if thumb file extensions were a different case than the images themselves.
  • Fixed a bug with ####CONFIG=var#### and ####FILE=file#### tags killing other tags on the same line
  • Fixed a bug with album_password not working.
  • Fixed a bug where img_dir always showed as "wrong" in the config screen.
  • Fixed a bug with flatfile authentication and uploads.
  • Fixed a bug where all images after a movie won't include username/password vars in the URL.
  • Fixed a bug where using member_subdir would cause user albums to have no description.

If you have any problems or questions, just post them here or at the album.pl Support Forums !

Cheers

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
new discussion thread begun here:

https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=33;t=000035

smile

BTW, 6.1 is out laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63