Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
...remove....how....where...what?? laugh laugh

Sponsored Links
emme sick [censored]...I knoe it laugh

The hack works fine. If you are having problems with software errors it could be possible the instructions confused you or another hack is somehow messing it up.

As for the SSI include, if exec cgi or include aren't working and it is displaying the actual string itself, then I'd check with your server admin on that box. It doesn't sound like he has SSI enabled for the cgi-bin and isn't allowing you to access the files or something of that nature.

In either way, not trying to be rude.. But please work those problems out on your end and let the creator of the hack concentrate on finishing and incorporating some new features into it.

Thanx JB007, The hack is very much appreciated.

JB -- The error i still get is:

quote:

quote:
Same here. Think this is due to creating forums, and later delete them, and somehow the the newsscript get confused about the forumnumbers when a forum supposed to be in the numberrow isnt there anymore?? (Even if you dont make a call to it...obviously)

Got the SSI to work in some way, but there are still some bugs if you add several forums to one session.

Also, I guess there shouldnt be the linebreak in between the tables, when you call the whole message display from SSI.
Just the headline view works well with one linebreak between each topic header, but not the table display...take to much space

Sponsored Links
Well, I haven't deleted a forum before, so I'm gonna test it smile

The smilies dont show up in the news.. i tried the base href thing but still didnt work... i have the Smilie Mod installed.. does it make a diff? can you help me? confused

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
There's code in there that specifically removes graphics...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
i noticed that smilies dont even show up as X's or anything.. whats the code that removes graphics?

Well, I've tried removing/adding forums but it still works very well.

ruph, the code is located in ubbnews.cgi:
Code
code:

Sponsored Links
thanks.. smilies are now working and everything else is perfect!

Hi,

I have two questions :
In the first version of UBBNews, it was not possible to add a header and a footer around UBBNews without using ssi - but I can´t do this because my server is not supporting "include" or "execute". Is it possible to add a header and a footer in this version ? It may look more like my UBB then...

The second question is if the errors in the first version considering the numbers of forums have been fixed. I want to use UBBNews for a forum with no. 34, so this wasn´t possible in the first version because you coudn´t go higher then 9...

Thanks for your help
Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
-----------------------------
Webmaster of Hardwareluxx.com
Hi Dennis,
So you want to display it as a normal ubb page? Well, currently it's not possible or let's say nobody has done it until now. And for the forum numbers: I didn't receive any errors until now!

Hi,

thanks for your quick answer. I will upgrade then, be right back later with a number of self-made errors laugh

Well - because of the ubb-sytle : I just wanted to add a template which shows the header and footer also on ubbnews... I didn´t manage that for the last version.

Thanks
Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
Heres the Error I get when I try to call it directly without using a SSI call in a page:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::NewsRow called at d:harvestgaincgi-shlubb2ubbnews.cgi line 129.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

hey, i've just installed this hack which was pretty easy. but i have one question before i go further...

i'm trying to make a cellphone review and article section in my site. i wonder if it is possible to:

1. post an article and
2. display it in a separate page in category or forum that isn't visible in the main forums page.
3. display the article in this format:

Title of Article
by Username
Date Posted

Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body Article Body

Post a response:

Here
fields will be displayed for users to fill out to post something. Show below the form are the responses posted so far, and depending on the number of comments, will be displayed in continuous pages just like in the forum. it shouldn't be that difficult, but i would like some suggestions from you first.

thanks.

-drew
Hi,

are there any upgrade instructions ? I didn´t find them in the .zip...

Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
Ok, here I am again.

There is one bug in UBBNews 2, that was also in the version before :
I have a forum called "News" and another called "Marktplatz". News is Nr. 8, Marktplatz is Nr. 7, but News is Order Nr. 1 and Marktplatz Order Nr. 8

When I chose News for UBBNews, I always get the content of Forum Nr. 8 displayed, but it shows me the title of Forum Order Nr. 8.

Then I have a second question - can I add something around UBBNews by modifying ubbnews.cgi here :

Code
code:

Can I put some html in there ?

Thanks for yourhelp

Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
Guys, I admit it: I'm dumb laugh laugh laugh
AS a result of misunderstanding how forums numbers are stored in the UBB, I admit that I choosed the order field to get the forums titles which caused slight problems with some users laugh. However, the solution is simple, simply open up ubbnews.cgi, look for:
Code
code:
Replace with:
Code
code:
Find:
Code
code:
Replace with:
Code
code:
I'm sorry!
The zip file has been updated.
Dennis, you can print anything after that statement, just make sure that you assign it to the $output variable if you want it to be cached.

[ June 27, 2001 08:01 PM: Message edited by: JB007 ]

Thanks for your help JB007, now everything workes fine !!!

laugh laugh laugh

Regards Dennis Bode
Hi again,

I tried to add some html using

Code
code:

Of course, when I add text etc, everything works, but when I add " for example, it will not work...

Is there a possible solution to add a whole complex html (like the header in my ubb...)

Thanks
Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
Update:
I've fixed the same problem in cp_ubbnews.cgi. This problem caused the script to refuse some forums ( as MM's problem ). To update, just upload cp_ubbnews.cgi and ubbnews.cgi.

Well, you've to escape the double quotes in order to get correct results, for example:
Code
code:
But you can also get rid from all this by using the 'qq' or the 'q' operators:
Code
code:
See? You can replace the ~ sign by anything non-alphabatical or non-numerical such as !,% .. etc.

[ June 28, 2001 03:49 PM: Message edited by: JB007 ]

GREAT !
That worked !!!!

Thanks for your help, that was a lot of help !

Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
Hi,

I also had the problems with the smilies, but now I added some html and it doesn´t show up eigher (wanted to include some link to a sponsor with their logo...)

Can you turn that on somehow ?

Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
Great modification! The whole thing looks great, but if there is a smilie in the post, the smilie shows as an "x". The source says the source for the smilie is the cgi-bin directory, but my images are in ubb/smilies. How do I get the modification to reflect this? Here is the page that shows the problem.

Thanks

[ June 30, 2001 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Ellen ]

Hello,

Please help, I get this error when I call ubbnews directly from browser:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::SummaryRow called at /home/sites/site11/web/cgi-bin/forum/ubbnews.cgi line 126.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

And when called from web page with exec I get:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Whicj is normal because there is some "software error".

I will appriciate any help on this one...

Was waiting to install this until I was sure it could do the following.

Lets say you make three forum's for news, essentially three categorys of news (not to be confused with forum categorys). Now you want to output the headlines for each, that's no problem (I think, judging by doc's).

But what about being able to include all three forums into the headline output for the main page of all the different cats?

Please let me know what directory of my UBB should I upload the jIRC files,
and I'm really puzzled how do I point to the jIRC chat location from my UBB's CP.
Thank you.

Alright i have a question.. here i go.

Lets say i dont need diffrent max topics and such on my site, what else does this version have over the other one? Is it worth upgrading? Right now, i only pull Topics from 1 forum, and i only display it 1 place, so i dont think i really need to upgrade.. but i could be wrong.

pain is a necessary thing for success
I seriously can't get this to work frown Either via the SSI exec (which does work, I was using version 1.3 with no probs) or via a direct access, both give the following error:

"Content-type: text/html

Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::NewsRow called at \shadowleisuremisc - fwebsitescopy of online overcoolers.netforumsubbnews.cgi line 129.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error."

I know others have got this problem... there must be a solution? My server is running Win2k IIS5 with the latest release of ActivePerl, and I'm using UBB 6.05. Hope this gets solved soon...

Well thanks to the subsequant replies posted on here :rolleyes: , I semi solved it. I didn't realise that the vars_wordlets_mods thing actually had to be installed, I just assumed it was something needing to be altered if it was already installed. You might like to make that clearer in your next release.

So anyway, it's displaying news. But it's only displaying 1 news item, the first item posted on the board. Any new posts do not come up at all. I've set it to grab 5 topics but only one is showing. Looks like I'm gonna have to use 1.3 again.

the wordlets_mods module is required for most good hacks needing wording.

Awesome hack, works great, not a single problem with mine!

I would also like to see this included if possible.

Alex

quote:

How can I format Date and Time (german board, so I need german date-format (DD.MM.YYYY))?

Hi again,

please look at my modified UBBNews :
http://www.hardwareluxx.com

You will see it correctly when you use Internet Explorer, but you won´t see UBBNews when you use Netscape. That´s because I need to place a /table tag somewhere at the end in ubbnews.cgi - but where ? I tried everywhere, but wherever I place the print "
", it doesn´t work...

Can anyone tell me where I have to place it?

Thanks very much !

Dennis

Regards Dennis Bode
the word "whether" in the configuration creation thing is spelled "wether".

and I get an error when I click create news session

Code
code:

well I just read allen's post saying to create a folder in the instructions,or edit the code, I created the folder and it works! This is my test board so I'll start on my real UBB files when I get to america.

its keep giving me this error
quote:
when it works fine when i called directly

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63