Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Kahuna
Kahuna
::crosses fingers::
ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

ok... i was wondering if there was such a way to format all this info so that i can place it in a table beneath all the forums on my forum summary, ultimatebb.cgi page.

and, to have it displayed in more of a horizontal layout (to fit the boards), rather than the current vertical design.

(similar placement as the "icon legend" on ultimatebb.cgi, except, i guess, right above it)

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
i guess im sorta looking for something like adding the 5 or 10 most recent posts in a table, identical to that which appears on the "today's active topics" page (where it lists it in a forum-like table, complete with post, short "teaser" message, poster, date, time, forum, etc).

at one point, i attempted merging the two cgi's ... to some disasterous results. but, hey, im not smart, so, thats to be understood smile

mebbe y'all (and this hack) can help?

quote:
SuperG,

Your server probrably doesn't allow you to SSI include a cgi program.

Try executing it...

Maybe that will work?
If it does, I guess you can also use this to save_to_file and then include the html file?

Thanks

Casual

quote:
This is easy to do... let me see if I can come up with something soon.

Casual laugh

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I don't know if we can bear all the "thank you's" that will erupt from robbie if you get this to workin casual... I think he gave up eating a long time ago until he got active topics moved from his active topics page into his forum summary page. laugh

Next, he's gonna want his forum summary page in his active topics page to save a click or 2. wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
quote:
I saw this at a php website. Try a couple of things, seems like php only allows you to do relative includes.

chdir("yourcgibin/");
include("ultimatebb.cgi?latest_threads");
?>

include ("../../yourcgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?latest_threads");
?>

$fp = @fopen("http://www.yourdomain.com/yourcgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?latest_threads", "r");
echo "$fp";
fclose($fp);
?>

I'm not a php user or use php. I suggest you look more at www.php.net , Thats where I found help for most of these includes. I hope that helps

Casual

Congratulations for this hack.
I have a question.Is there any way to avoid the line which seperates the topics ?

quote:
dreamer, If you make you own custom layout you can (read the public_latest_thresds.pl file), otherwise you need to find the exact $display section you want chenged in the code and replace the

with a

Thanks

Casual

I'm sorry if this has been asked earlier, I didn't see it so I'm asking 8)

Is this hack compatible w/ Active Topics v1.8d.... Because It would be nice to have both.... laugh

Bug

If you are using ssi and board is setup for member access only, SSi command displays login page instead of latest topics.

Sponsored Links
Dj,

Any progress on 'Multiple Outputs' like you could do with the original by copying the active.cgi file and changing format/filtering settings in each?

Kahuna
Kahuna
dj:

<>

WUHOO!!!! thank y'sir!
double A:

<>

dont jinx it, man!!! i just ordered the pizza!! wink

quote:
It shouldn't be a problem. When you mod your ultimatebb.cgi just look for the 'active_topics' routine instead of the 'ged_daily'. ubb_lib_posting.cgi should be the same.

quote:
I knew this could happen ever since I released v1.0. Reason is latest_threads gets called through ultimatebb.cgi, UBB isn't allowing latest_threads to execute because your board is private. Currently there is no fix for this until I release v1.2 which will run stand-alone. Sorry.

quote:
I'm glad you asked. I need pre-beta testers for v1.2. This new version runs stand-alone and you can copy and rename it to make multiple streams, also fixes the private board problem mentioned above.

Because it's totally different I would like to get a couple of people to test it further. If anyone wants to pre-beta test v1.2 (especially those with 6.04x or earlier) please e-mail. However please note: I've already screwed my forum twice with the new version so only advanced users who know their UBB and want to experiment are needed.

Thanks

Casual

[email protected]

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
If there's no modification of ubb files, I would like to try it with the 6.1 beta smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hehe god I'd love to help test that but my board is just too damn precious to trial something that sounds sooooooo risky =).

Did you actually manage to recover your forum from the problems through backed up files because if so then that's not a problem.

Just a note to say id love to see this working the way i would of thought most obvious, and thats when a user adds a post, it updates an html file that can be included anywhere, with little overhead. How long before we see this do you reackon? if this is what you want help testing ill give it a go.

Excellent hack, works perfect!!! thanks for your work & help!

quote:
Sorry, but the ubb_lib_posting.cgi still has to be modified. ultimatebb.cgi is left alone.

quote:
Hmm, I actually made it sound worse then it really is. If you backup files (vars_) then it's no problem getting your UBB back.

quote:
This is the final plan. I know how to get this done, just getting there and finding time to test things is the hard thing.

quote:
Thanks laugh

---------

Casual

[email protected]

[ July 18, 2001 10:02 PM: Message edited by: djcasual ]

Can anyone explain what a crontab is?
"This option work great if you have access to a crontab
and you may want to schedule it to run every 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes."
Thanx in advance.

quote:
Crontab is basicly a TASK SCHEDULER, it runs certain programs or scripts that you want to run at certain times. Read the tutorial for more info.

Crontab Tutorial

Thanks

Casual

[email protected]

Kahuna
Kahuna
(pssst... dj, you get my email/pm? 'bout helpin with this, heeyah?)

[ July 20, 2001 11:49 AM: Message edited by: drkknght ]

Dj,

How's the new v1.2 coming? You're welcome to shoot some Beta code over to [email protected] and I'll give it a whirle. Multiple Outputs/formats and filtering is just what I'm after =).

Can you help me with pickup_latest....
I have my ubb in another server.I did exactly what it says but when I try and call it from the browser as mysite.com/cgi-bin/pickup....cgi ,I get only the contents of the cgi file.I think my web server is on NT system.Any ideas?

Does anyone have some code from public_latest_threads which looks good that they could share ? 'Cos I can't get mine looking good.

quote:
mark99, no progress, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and ran into problems. I'm starting this from scratch. Please have patience, I'm working as fast as can with the limited time I have available. I know you have been waiting months for Multiple outputs (I've read some of the Active Topics threads). I can assure you I will finish this and not jump ship like the rest of those guys from Active Topics.

quote:
I don't think it will work on NT, Here's a list of the installed modules on my server. I think this is why some server this script works and others won't. Has anyone else had any success with this script?

Perl 5
libnet-1.0606
URI-1_02
HTML-Parser-2_23
MIME-Base64-2_11
Digest-MD5-2_07
libwww-5_43

Thanks

Casual

It works fine on my IIS5.0 box.

Although it is slow now due to it not being Football Season.

And every once in a while my Latest Threads will become unavailable.
(random times not at midnight)

"Oil Beef Hooked"
-Drunk Irishman
Dj,

Not a problem, you're doing a good job as it is. Mostly I'm just worried you might jump to v6.1 'only' once that's released before supporting multiple threads under 6.04/6.05.

While lots of people have flexible forums, I couldn't take the hours of hacking and private customization to install 6.1 =).

Note that v6.1 will be BETA to start with, but its got some big differances in the way it handles and indexes posts.

quote:
Are you referring to the pickup_latest_threads.cgi (addon script) or the uub_latest_threads.cgi program itself?

quote:
I talked to someone from Infopop (I think his name was Charles). I asked him if the get_daily routine or the index listing was changed. He mentioned that he fixed a few bugs in the index file but nothing else has been changed. Don't worry I'll make sure I release it for version 6.05 and below first and worry about 6.1.0 later. laugh

Thanks

Casual

Hi, i am brazilian... my english not is very good, so... i will be fast in my question...

I have installed sucessfull the modification, but, when I don´t known how do to made a link to Last Post in Fórum...

I have changed the "public_topic_page.pl" (templates), where have the date I put a link to Lastest post, but i can´t do this work.

Any can help me?
What the Link to make this link work?
The already link now is:

"$vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=$in{f}&t=$one&p=?????#?????"

I guess then miss variables to get lastest replies!

Thank You !

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: CycloneBR ]

Latest Threads seems to be working okay on my Version 6.1 Beta. I am displaying topic only with SSI and have not done any other testing.

quote:
I'm not trying to be rude, but I did not understand what your trying to say. What exactly are you trying to do?

Please explain more.

quote:
I'm glad you tried it on 6.1, I kind of figured it would still work. I'm sure if you got the simple display option to work everything else should work also.

Could someone send me a copy of ubb 6.1.0 beta? Or tell me where I can get a copy of the beta release?

Thanks

Casual

[email protected]

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: djcasual ]

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I think you are looking for www.infopop.com wink

I noticed that once the variables were set in 6.05, the scripts still run without any ubb work smile (like on our front page) it's not perfect, but works still smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Dj,

You can't get a copy from somebody else because UBB6 is tagged and Infopop will see it as piracy. It lets them know whom is using what and whether it's a valid copy.

Just keeping this thread at the top =)

I'm going to combine UBBNews with Latest Threads v1.1 to do what I need, just want to know whether we'll be able to update from v1.1 to v1.2?

quote:
Yup, I'm almost done v1.2 (standalone), it will be done by this weekend. I won't be working on 6.1.x until it's out of beta.

Thanks

Casual

[email protected]

Ah v1.1 was easy to install anyway and so I doubt upgrades would be a problem =).

I look forward to v1.2, v1.1 seems to be running perfectly under v6.04e and I've got 40 hacks installed =).

Is it possible to add in a feature that can limit the number of characters when showing the summary of the topic?

I feel that the number of characters is too much now.

quote:
Originally posted by q_ware:
Is it possible to add in a feature that can limit the number of characters when showing the summary of the topic?

I feel that the number of characters is too much now.

Maybe, I'll look into it.

Casual

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to be able to finish latest threads v1.2 by this weekend like I mentioned. I Still need to put the Install text file together and fix some minor problems/adjustments. Please look for the update sometime next week. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Casual

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Thanks, it's a nice addition to my homepage!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63