Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#177910 05/20/2001 9:27 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 4
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 4
Hey,

I am pretty sure that this may have been asked, but I want to ask again and maybe my problem is something different.

I have one member that when I assign him to a mod postion he becomes a mod like he should be. But when he posts it changes his status to a member. It accually in his profile changes moderator to memeber.

How can I fix this. I have tried a few things and nothing is working. I am using a UBB 6.4c.


Thankz

Matt

Sponsored Links
#177911 05/21/2001 6:17 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,665
Veteran
Veteran
Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,665
In UBB 6, moderators are ONLY moderator in the forum they moderate (so they only have the moderator status in the forums they moderate).

If you want a moderator to have moderatot status in every forum, check the database, there a hack to do just that.


Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
#177912 05/23/2001 4:31 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 4
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 4
No,

Like I said I tried alot of things, that is one thing i did try.

But they don't even show up as mods in there own forum. And it currently is only happening to one memeber. In the accual member file (00000005.cgi) it changes his status.

Matt

#177913 05/25/2001 9:43 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 206
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 206
Do you have any code modifications installed, and if so, which ones? It would also help to have a direct URL to your ultimatebb.cgi. Finally, are the assigned moderators able to perform moderator functions after their status changes to Member?


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Posts: 21,080
Joined: March 2000
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4613
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 10
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)