Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207409 01/08/2001 12:35 PM
User
User
Hello, I'm using php5.15 version of wwwthreads and the whose online page doesn't seem to work everything else is fine.
What could I have done to mess it up?
If I look at the w3t_Online table I can see users there.
Also if I check the w3t_Users table I can see that these users have U_visible set to 'yes'
Got any ideas.

Dan

Sponsored Links
User
User
OK I found what the bug seems to be.
basically I had set my time offset to be '2' in the config-inc file
And a positive value there seems to make the whose online thing fall over, or atleast not show you anyone online other than yourself. A negative value I guess would work for 10mins plus however many hours negative offset. So ony a zero offset really works.

Why cos sometime wwthreads uses just the time() function, ie like when updating your w3t_Online table and other times like when clearing the w3t_Online table which it does before it shows it, it will use the get_date() function which is time+offset.

So the if you don't have a zero offset then make this change to the online.php file:

// $Outdated = $html -> get_date(); //previous code
// $Outdated = $Outdated - 600; //previous code
$Outdated = time() - 600; // added by Dan5

Find the two lines I have commeted out, and comment them out and then add my line.

Let me know if this causes any side effects but I don't see why it should be a problem it seems ok on my BB.
http://www.fatdogexchange.com/bb/wwwthreads.php

Regards

Dan

Had a board where we were having the opposite problem, ie people from up to an hour and 10 minutes ago were still showing up (time offset was set to -1 btw). Your fix seems to work perfectly, thanks!

Side note: it seems to use the server time to show people's online time, so everyone's 1 hour in the future. I can fix this manually no problem, but still something to look into.

User
User
Well if that is the case then I suppose the code I change above could be left as it was and the code in main_config should be used to use the get_date function.
The reason I didn't do that in the first place was that get_date function isn't defined untill after this section, but I suppose it could be bought forward. Or have the times adjusted before they get displayed.

Scream, is this going to be fixed in the next release?

Dan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63