Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
this is the beta release of the Favorites Addon. What this does os it adds the ability for users to add a post into there favorites that can be called at any time. and they have the ability to delete there favorites at any time.

to download either grab the attached file here

or go to http://www.extremeforums.org/hacks/Favorites.zip

if there is any ideas, suggestions, please feel free to post here. there will probably be some better ways to do it than i have. hey its a beta.

[:red]--------------
http://extremeforums.org/index
Attachments
28258-Favorites.zip (0 Bytes, 9 downloads)

Sponsored Links
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Looking good. Been testing it at your forum. But there is no way to know if there are new posts in your favorite. I would either mark the favorites with new posts or show the read ones in one table, and the unread ones in another.
Good work! []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
now i like that idea a whole lot. that would make it even better for sure. i will get cracking at it right now and see whats up. and it works with showflat and showthreaded.

[:red]--------------
http://extremeforums.org/index

Journeyman
Journeyman
This hack is sooo cool, Is anyone planning to do this for the perl version (i can not run PHP at the moment)?
I have been testing this at your forums and it seems to work very well, the addition of "new" to the favorites will make it perfect IMO....

Also Scream said that something like this (among other things) was being planned for future relaeases, any info on when this will happen? I guess anyone who sees this feature working at your site will want it rigth away....

Journeyman
Journeyman
BTW when I go to your site (extreme forums) there is a hoover on the top links (IE5) and the black background won't let you read the link you are over....Hope you see what I mean, your site looks very good but that's somewhat odd and not very functional....

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
Then enhancement for the "my w3t" area, which will include this, will be coming after the administration upgrade is finished and out.

UBB.threads Developer
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Scream, do you have any idea (a general idea, I won't go after you if you miss the date []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]) of times? when do you think the "my w3t" area will be released?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63