Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
tested with 5.1.6php:

1. password still can't be changed from the basic profile section (can't get into my own admin section, for I'm logged in with a temp pass)
2. still getting an error message when sending a pm to certain users: Fatal error: Failed opening required '/kunden/homepages/1/d11698442/htdocs/poisonfree/shittalking/languages//sendmessage.php' in /homepages/1/d11698442/htdocs/poisonfree/shittalking/sendmessage.php on line 253
3. I'm using markup tags in my signature for my email and homepage address.
when I edit a message containing such a signature, it turns into:
[][email protected][/][email protected][email protected]
http://www.poisonfree.com
4. when there's one new reply within a thread, the last but second gets displayed as new as well
5. username Still Brawlin\' - when you click on the name for user info it says user isn't in database

my w3t installation:
http://www.poisonfree.com/poisonfree/shittalking

additional infos about the server:
http://www.fettetools.de/php3info
http://www.fettetools.de/php4info

flint
-
el duderino
the dudester
dudeloneum
dudekowski
dudeberg
doood

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
Still not sure why the passwords aren't being changed on your system. From that bit of debug code I had you add before it was definitely changing the password in the database, so not sure why they aren't working. If you are totally stuck and can't get into your admin section, you can use something like PHPMyAdmin to copy the password from your U_TempPass field into your U_Password field and that will change your password to your temporary one for now.

I've added 3 levels of error checking into the sendprivate scripts to keep it from trying to grab a language file if no language specified. For some reason, your version of PHP is parsing these anyways. Another one that I can't figure out why.

Not sure about the sig problem yet, will do some more checking.

Not sure about #4 yet either as I can't duplicate this one.

Can you find out if the user, Still Brawlin\' added that \ when they signed up?

UBB.threads Developer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
1. the real problem isn't my password, it's a big bunch of users using "forgot my pw" function each and everytime, because they lost the original one.
copying the password with phpmyadmin didn't work, the fileds are now identical, but I get "To access this section you must first be logged in. You will be taken to the login screen shortly."

3. you can duplicate the markup in signature problem on this board, happenes all the time to me

I don't consider 4. & 5. that important, I'm awaiting feedback from "still brawlin"

flint

see bio for server info

I've had this problem before. Here's what happened to cause it:

I would login as the admin on a site, then logout to log back in as a different user. I make my posts, then go back to the login screen (without logging out the regular user) and log back in as admin. It seems to work fine, until I go to the admin section. Then it says I have to login and takes me to the login screen (but at the login screen it recognizes me and just shows me my PM's).

To fix, I just deleted my cookie for that forum, logged back in, and remembered to always logout before logging in as a different user. BTW the forum name was something like www.domain.com/forum, and the cookie name was something like forum[1]. Hope that helps.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
deleting the cookie helped, although I never logged in as a different user.
thanks

flint

see bio for server info

Sponsored Links
Sally #208080 02/07/2001 2:47 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
no he didn't enter it himself.
I wonder how he managed to get the ' into his name, because when registering such a name, it tells me I'm not allowed to use html related stuff in the beginning or at the end of the name

he's using a mac if that helps

flint

see bio for server info

I get mesages I've read, being made new again, as well. Today I read the same lot of messages 3 times and when I came back later each time they were marked at new again.

Everyone I've asked who users my forums says they've got the same problem and that it started when we moved over to using the PHP version. We are using 5.1.6 as well.

------
Assassin
Reality is my Master, Dreams are my Fantasy
http://www.aus3d.net

Guru
Guru
Are you using cookies or session?

UBB.threads Developer
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Scream, as reported in another thread this has happened to me as well at this site.
It hassnt happened these last 4-5 days, but sometimes it just happens. And happening at one board doesnt mean it will happen at the rest... sometimes it happens with one board, sometimes with another... I see no pattern. []/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/]

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com

Guru
Guru
And I can never get anything to mess up, so I can't figure out what is causing it[]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/]. If I can see it, I can probably fix it[]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/].

UBB.threads Developer
Sponsored Links
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Since you are working in the PERL admin section I am not really expecting you to find it untill you start porting to PHP and have to spend a week or so logged in PHP... at this point I would bet that because of the admin perl upgrade you are hardly ever in php mode, and since it is a sporadic problem you would be really lucky (actually unlucky) to come up into this problem. So I dont expect you to find it, at least not before the php port, even then... maybe luck has to do with it, it hasnt happened these last days to me... and php porting will take less than it is taking to make the changes in perl, right? []/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/] Well, if you ask me... just stay some more in perl and work on that admin section... []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/][]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/][]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/] Finding the error would mean spending several days (a week? more?) in php... and we want that admin done! []/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/]

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com

Guru
Guru
I am hardly ever in the PERL version. Yes, when I am working on the admin section I go to the PERL version, but I always browse the boards in PHP mode and still haven't seen this behavior[]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/].

UBB.threads Developer
i'm using cookies, some of my users and myself have found that if you log out and log back in, the messages are marked corretly as read and the problem fixed, untill it happens again on some other thread. so it could be related to the cookies, but as far as i know, this information isn't stored in the cookies but in the database... ?

it could be that somewhere in the code that it isn't reading the cookies properly and writing it to the database and when you close your browser the information about what you've just read is somehow lost...

------
Assassin

just thought i'd coment, that to me, all the messages that i read last time i looked at this thread before this current lot are now marked as unread, even my own post

------
Assassin

Do you know assassin means murderer in french?

MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Happening right now... across all boards I´ve read these past hours... I dont remember closing the browser at all this time... if that helps at all... []/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/]

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com

I had this problem also and found that I had two cookies for our boards. One has named "cgi-bin" (after the directory where Threads is installed - yours my be different) and the other was named the full URL of the boards. As it turns out the "cgi-bin" cookie was set from an older version of Threads before the "path" variable was added. Deleting the "cgi-bin" cookie solved the problem. Let me know if this fixes your problem and I will post the hack I used to fix for all of our board users.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63