Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#208189 02/08/2001 3:51 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
i created a simple myHomepage feature. it allows users to create a single webpage, right now it is only dynamic. it is kinda template driven and users will have some options as to what they want it to look like. they have the option to use there own html or template based.

i want to make it so users who don't have a web page or whatever can create a basic web page about them. just an option to see more about the user.

right now there is no security checks, or very much. you can see an example of it at http://www.extremeforums.org/homepage.php?User=poil11

and the edit screen looks like this.
http://www.extremeforums.org/edithomepage.gif
(it won't look like that forever, just gettng things working.)

i only have one template right now, but many can be added. and i am trying to figure out how to write to a file cause that will make things easier, but harder for the normal user to change if he wants to change it. i don't know how this can be done. with an htaccess file you could make it extremeforums.org/poil11 and that is what i will probably do.

next i want to work on a way to track referrals, i think it would make more users promote the boards. if the user had incentive to get users to register at the board. free advertising is always good. if you wanted you could run a contest to see who can get the most users to register under there name or something. maybe not next, but look into it.

bleh!

[:red]--------------
http://extremeforums.org

Sponsored Links
vent #208190 02/08/2001 6:32 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Poil--

Neat idea! Post the hack here when you have it done. I think I may want it.

(That's the first I knew it was One One, not Eleven!)

:-Doug.
[][email protected][/]
www.FootprintsintheWind.com

vent #208191 02/08/2001 6:59 PM
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
AWESOME!!! []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/][]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/][]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/][]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]
You are really working on it! Really cool! Keep us updated! This is really promissing.
One suggestion for the edit page, maybe you should allow a picture upload or two because if the ones who are going to be using it are those without homepages, where else will they get a url for their picture? []/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/]

Mateo Byler
CruceDeCaminos.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63