Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
I don't see what I have done to deserve this! Can anyone shed some light on where I might look if I get variously these errors:

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/libdems/oxfordshirelibdems/forums/wwwthreads.php on line 1

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/libdems/oxfordshirelibdems/forums/main.inc.php on line 1

Jock

Sponsored Links
User
User
Okay - I solved this one too. Weird.

This is something to do with one or other of the tools I am using to edit php/html pages.

I normally work on my Mac accessing the files through Dreamweaver from a Linux/Apache server. I recently found an editor called PHP Coder Pro - I think it was someone's recommendatio on here. Unfortunately this only runs on windows so I run it under the Win 98 emulator picking up files off the shared Mac drive. I also wanted to use a decent editor to replace the text editing facilities in Dreamweaver so downloaded BBE Edit lite.

One of these two, or the process of picking up files from the Mac drive and putting them back there from the PC must screw up the ends of lines and only when you look at them in the KDE editor on my Linux box does this problem show up.

God only knows how many of them I've got in this state, but what a nightmare!

Does anyone know of a Mac based PHP Coder type program that would prevent this problem? I can probably access files direct from the linux box from within the Win 98 emulator but then I'm introducing another software control hurdle if I do that and bypass Dreamweaver's site management functionality.

Jock

On the Macintosh, BBedit -> save as -> options -> line breaks=unix.
N.B. I use the commercial version of BBedit

tym #208785 03/06/2001 4:17 PM
User
User
Thanks...I will check that. I might try to stick to running with the PHP Coder and just take the hit of shifting between Mac and emulator. I was worried that it might have been that that was causing it.

Jock

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63