Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I can not send private messages to a member being in the data-base, they need to be listed in the address book.
How can I send a private message to a member not in the address book but in the data-base. When I try, it responds "member not in data-base" while they are there
my forum url: http://www.dharma.com.tr/phpforum/wwwthreads/login.php
if you want try user : test password : test

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
Ok, I think I have the problem figured out. There are 2 locations in the language files that the CHOOSE_ADD string is set. These are in the sendmessage.php and sendprivate.php language files. These must be identical, and because they are used in a form field they cannot contain any special characters (HTML encoding). If there is any difference between these 2 strings it will always try to use the address book entry even when none is selected.

Both of these strings should actually be in the generic file, so you don't have to worry about any differences. I'll get this changed for the next version.

UBB.threads Developer
Please inform me with wich files I should edit. I need the full file names and their lines. That would be much easier I guess.
Cheers

Guru
Guru
Both of these files are in your langauges directory. I can't give you a full path because I'm not sure what langauge you are using and the line numbers probably won't match up either. Basically you go into your wwwthreads installation directory. From there go into the languages directory and then go into the name of the language that you are using. Here is where you will find the 2 files that I mentioned in the previous post.

UBB.threads Developer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Cool that solved it also here....
There should be a warning-comment in the language files,
for all that do translations.

Parts of my MARKUPS are also not working by the way
probably because of problems with the language files.

Cheers

Carl

----------
darkwebforum

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
I think that there are more Probs like that......we are working on a new german language Files and we copied the error described, but ok, we left the text like it was before...

After we translated the mess_handler.php from the german language directory it was not possible to delete private messages directly with the 'delete this message' Button directly wenn you read a message......the only thing was a white screen.......

thems so that there are more problems like the known with translating files....

btw...ist is php 5.3

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Make sure you don't put Umlaute (öüä)
into certain lines of text.

Most will work, some not. In case of trouble try without.
In many cases the problem - such as the one you described (I had that also!) - will go away:
Try "Loeschen" instead of "Löschen" :)

Carl

----------
http://www.colour-ize.de/forum (test entry: user: 'test' pw: 'test')

Edited by caymuc on 05/25/01 02:01 PM.

Power User
Power User
Well, we are using & uuml;(without the space *g*) instead of ü and so on, because we know the problems with Umlauts.....

you are running a german board - i think you know that most germans don't like oe instead of ö

i'm going to try it out, but i think this is a prob that should be fixed if it possible somehow...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63