Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#209388 03/26/2001 10:36 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
I just upgraded to 5.3 and everything is more or less running fine, up until about 10 minutes ago when I found I couldn't access the admin menu.

I've been in and out of there many times in the last day or so, all of a sudden the admin menu doesn't reconize me as having access.

All other parts of the system do, I can even run actual functions, like going to the user list and editing the user from there. I just can't get to the admin page.

Scott Cargill -WebMaster
East Hills Kung Fu San Soo

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
Is it just giving you the standard "You must login first" or is it giving some other error?

UBB.threads Developer
Journeyman
Journeyman
In reply to:

Is it just giving you the standard "You must login first" or is it giving some other error?

Nope its just giving me the standard you must login first.

Scott Cargill -WebMaster

Guru
Guru
That is strange. I didn't change anything in the authentication portion. Is the Admin link showing in the navigation bar?

UBB.threads Developer
Journeyman
Journeyman
In reply to:

That is strange. I didn't change anything in the authentication portion. Is the Admin link showing in the navigation bar?

Yes it is. I know I've been in there several times during the day. All of a sudden the system quit reconizing me as an administrator.

I tried another admin account and got the same result. (Or lack of).

I don't think it's specifically a programming glitch. I know I was messing around with the database a bit trying to work past the preview bug. I had changed my record to 'off' in the preview field.

As an aside, what would happen in this case if I were to delete the first record? and then turn around and log in again. Would the database assign me to user 1 again?

At this point, I can send you a dump of the database, config and whatever else you might need. Let me know...

Scott Cargill -WebMaster

Edited by ScottCargill on 03/27/01 03:08 PM.

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
If you delete the first record then the main admin will be gone and won't be able to be re-added by normal means. However, if there was a problem with this admin then you wouldn't get the admin link at all. But, just to be safe maybe you can just dump out your w3t_Users table and send it over to me so I can have a look see.

UBB.threads Developer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63