Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Under Perl, we had installed a hack which sent me (as administrator) an e-mail whenever a new user registered. This alerted me to assign the new user to the appropriate groups -- essentially setting permissions for that individual.

Has anybody developed a similar hack for the PHP version? Or is there a better method?

Thanks,

Mike Sheridan

Sponsored Links
I would be very interested in a similar hack BUT make it a Private Message on the board instead.

Also configurable who will receive the PM (2 admins doing different jobs)

Power User
Power User
This would be great to have!

Magicia (Site Manager)
http://www.world-gaming.cc

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
make sure to back all files that you have. this will send a pm to the admin of the board on a new registration. if you want it to go to a different person, it will look different, if anyone wants that just post so and i will show how it can be done. in two seconds i will have an email the admin version, i personally like the pm. open up adduser.php and find the line that says:
 // ------------------------------------- // Now we need to mail them the password 
and above that add:
 // Now pm the admin about a new user $subject3 = "New user has Subscribed!"; $body     = "A new user by the name of $Username_q has registered on your forums."; $subject3_q = addslashes($subject3); $body_q = addslashes($body);       $query = "          INSERT INTO w3t_Messages (M_Username,M_Status,M_Subject,M_Sender,M_Message,M_Sent)          VALUES ('$Sender_q','$Messstat_q','$subject3_q','$Sender_q','$body_q','$date')       ";       $dbh -> do_query($query); 
so it looks like this:
 // Now pm the admin about a new user $subject3 = "New user has Subscribed!"; $body     = "A new user by the name of $Username_q has registered on your forums."; $subject3_q = addslashes($subject3); $body_q = addslashes($body);       $query = "          INSERT INTO w3t_Messages (M_Username,M_Status,M_Subject,M_Sender,M_Message,M_Sent)          VALUES ('$Sender_q','$Messstat_q','$subject3_q','$Sender_q','$body_q','$date')       ";       $dbh -> do_query($query);   // ------------------------------------- // Now we need to mail them the password 
i also uploaded the text file, for who knows sake.

[:red]--------------
http://extremeforums.org
Attachments
36249-pmonnewuser.txt (0 Bytes, 53 downloads)

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
make sure to back all files that you have. this will send an email to the admin, when a new user registers on your board. the email can be sent to anyone that you want. you just have to change the line $from = $config[emailaddy]; to the email adress that you want it to go to example: $from = "[email protected]"; open up adduser.php and find the line that says:
 // ------------------------------------- // Now we need to mail them the password 
and above that add:
 // Email the admin about a new User $subject3 = "New user has Subscribed!"; $body     = "A new user by the name of $Username_q has registered on your forums."; $from     = $config[emailaddy]; $mailsend = mail("$from","$subject3","$body","From: $from"); 
so it looks like this:
 // Email the admin about a new User $subject3 = "New user has Subscribed!"; $body     = "A new user by the name of $Username_q has registered on your forums."; $from     = $config[emailaddy]; $mailsend = mail("$from","$subject3","$body","From: $from");  // ------------------------------------- // Now we need to mail them the password 

[:red]--------------
http://extremeforums.org
Attachments
36250-emailonnewuser.txt (0 Bytes, 47 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Thanks a bunch. That looks like what I needed.

Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63