Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I made some changes to the display. Now non registered or non logged in visitors will not see the names of the members that are online but instead get a simular display as guests have.

4 Member(s) and 3 Guest(s) have been online with in the last 10 minutes.

I figured why should they get to see other's names if we can't see theirs.. LoL

I also added (back 10, 20, 30) at the end of the online message for logged in users to go back 10 or 20 or 30 minutes to see who was online then. Logged in users will see something like this:

moe, larry, curly and 2 Guest(s) have been online with in the last 10 minutes. (back 10, 20, 30)

Just place the code in your ubbthreads.php script above this:

// --------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Let's see how many total registered users there are but only if we want to
// display this information

Enjoy []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Attachments
43871-5.5-onlinebox.2.0.zip (0 Bytes, 219 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hey Dave, I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason nothing has changed. It still shows the same as it did previously. Usernames are still displayed when I'm not logged in and it doesn't display the 10..20..30 bit either.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that I have it at the bottom of my forum instead of at the top like it is here?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
hmmm I thought I fixed that issue but perhaps I updated an older copy... I'll check and see because it should work at the top or bottom if I upgraded the right one... lol

I'll check within the next few minutes and post what I find []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
It seems to be working... I have it on the top and the bottom. Here's the link:

http://www.chattersonline.com/test/ubbthreads.php

Not sure why it's not working for you. []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/frown.gif[/]

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I got it working. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I first stripped out the code to verify that it was pulling the information from the correct file. When I saw that it was, I added the code back in and it worked fine.

[shrug]

Who knows, maybe I uploaded it to the wrong location or something. []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/blush.gif[/] It's hard to keep track of stuff when I'm at work and I'm FTP'ng through a proxy server.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
lol well that's good to hear. Thought perhaps I had a fly in the ointment somewhere.. LoL

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Journeyman
Journeyman
Invisible users, should NOT show up in the header bar. Currently people who are invisible show up.

i run sdstreetracing.com and streetracing.com
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
In the Who's Online box? I don't think they do... or at least they shouldn't unless you have the access to see them.

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
you may have a point here...I have done so many upgrades and hacks lately I may be getting something confused.

Considering I am an admin, it never crossed my mind that I can see invisible users. I just want to be sure that invisible users won't show up on the "quick who's online" hack on the forum listing page.

i run sdstreetracing.com and streetracing.com
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Try logging out and viewing the main index. That will show you what's being displayed.

You might also try logging in temporarily as one of your regular users to see what they're seeing. You can do that by clicking on their name while logged in as an administrator and then clicking the option to edit their profile. You'll see an option to "Become this user".

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Yeah admins can see invisible users... as far as I can tell it seems to be working the way I wanted it to... but that may just be for me... lol

IIRC there's a statement at the beginning of online.php and one somewhere inside start_page that deletes users not active in the last 10 minutes. Each time this one is called, the 'history' is cut to the last 10 minutes.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
badfrog
badfrog
somewhere on the coast of Maine
Forum Statistics
Forums63