Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#214407 03/20/2002 1:33 PM
Power User
Power User
Greetings. I've expereinced a strange problem in the past few days. I'll relate everything in the order it happened.

First I got an email from a user (Sunflower) who couldn't reply to a post. She responded that she got the error message:
In reply to:

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in c:\www\carfaxabbey.net\ubbthreads\mysql.inc.php on line 70
SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\www\carfaxabbey.net\ubbthreads\mysql.inc.php on line 83

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in c:\www\carfaxabbey.net\ubbthreads\mysql.inc.php on line 70
SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\www\carfaxabbey.net\ubbthreads\mysql.inc.php on line 83

I started looking around for some clues. She is a recent new member to my site, so I went to the userlist and sorted it by reverse signup date (newest users at the top). She wasn't on the list...not only that, many of the new users weren't on the list.

So, I went to the admin menu to search for all usernames that begin with the letter 's' and receive the following error message:

In reply to:

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_Username,U_Number,U_Registered,U_Totalposts,U_Laston,U_Email,U_RegEmail,U_Status,U_Title FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username Like 'S%' ORDER BY U_Username
Got error 134 from table handler
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\www\carfaxabbey.net\ubbthreads\mysql.inc.php on line 99
Total Users returned by query:

At this point, I ran the admin option "Optimize Tables". After this completed, I was able to search for usernames beginning with 's', and all the recent members appeared on the reverse userlist, EXCEPT sunflower was nowhere to be found.

Any ideas what may have happened, and how I might prevent it in the future? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks

[]/forum/images/icons/confused.gif[/]

Guru
Guru
It looks like you might possibly have some table corruption going on. What you might want to try is close your forums and then go in and use the optimize tables function in the admin section and then re-open and see if that fixes.

UBB.threads Developer
Power User
Power User
I did as you suggested, and all seemed fine...until now. One of my regulars is unable to login. They enter their username and password, click login, and it takes them to the main index. Click on who's online and they show up as anonymous.

They've cleared their cookies and temp files, still doesn't work.

I've gone in to "Become" the user. As soon as I hit login, it does the same for me. Any ideas? Thanks

Guru
Guru
There is a problem on some servers when users set their start page to the main index. What you can do is go into the admin section and run the following database command:

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_StartPage='cp'

UBB.threads Developer
Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
Ahhh, ok. I did that and it did indeed clear it up. I'm running Win2k with IIS if that helps. Thanks! []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

Power User
Power User
BTW, is there a way to not allow the users to change this option?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63