Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#214762 04/03/2002 2:33 AM
User
User
I have seen that on v6 the link that follows the username on the main page points directly to his/her last message, I find that really nice [missed it for long], but I'd love it to show the last's post subject and point to it rather than using the username, which I find quite confusing [personal opinion though...]'cause I usually click on the user to see his/her profile not his/her message...
Would it be too difficult to do? a small hack would do or it's just a way too much...point is I have no idea on how to do it, otherwise I'do it myself and post it here []/forum/images/icons/crazy.gif[/]
thanks a lot
luke01

Sponsored Links
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Personally I dont like too much the subject being displayed there, it might clutter it with too many things. But instead of the username linking to the post (I agree it confuses), maybe there could be an icon linking to it. Like a note with an arrow to it or something like that.

I like the way it works right now. "Other" forum packages display the subject of the last post and an icon linking to that post but I think it takes too much space (lightbulb/moderator/last subject, that is). For me, the current implementation is fine... after disabling the moderator column and riping apart the lightbulb thing.

User
User
Yeah, I agree on the icon, it's a nice idea, even though I still like the subject to be posted there, I mean, take a look at Open Topic, it does look good doesn't it?
but anyway..that's a matter of taste I think, and the idea of implementing an icon linked to the post should be easier to do shouldn't it?
it points to the same link as the actual one that is running now, only thing that change is that the link is applied to the icon and not to the username...
easier []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]

MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Maybe you could put the subject in the icon alt tag. []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]
But maybe adding that extra query would slow it down... dont know.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63