Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#214777 04/03/2002 1:26 PM
User
User
Is the "mark all as read" hack going to be in v6 or we still have to implement the hack?
thanks
luke01

by the way, v6 looks like it's going to be a really good one Scream []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]

Sponsored Links
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
No hacking is allowed in Betas, so if you dont see it here its not implemented.
Some things are disabled, though, but in doubt you can look at the changelog. I dont see it listed there either, sorry.

User
User
that's why I asked, 'cause I didn't see it in the changelog and wanted to make sure it is not going to be there in the next version.
thanks anyways
[]/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You thinking about rewriting it for v6? I sure would love to see it []/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
User
User
No man, I just couldn't do it...
he he he
The thing is, since it was a quite useful hack and that many sites have used it, I thought it was going to be as default in the next version or something...but it looks like it is not...
[]/forum/images/icons/frown.gif[/]
Luke01

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
There are a lot of things, including this, that I would have liked to get in for 6 but we were pushing the envelope on getting the beta out in a timely fashion.

What I really think we need to do is find out what features everyone would like to see the most. I've asked this before and it normally ends up being a huge hodge-podge of requests, so maybe this next time each person can suggest one feature which would make it a little easier to sort through. There is just so much that gets requested it's sometimes hard to prioritize what gets worked on.

UBB.threads Developer
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Perhaps adding a poll with a set number of features and the top 5 or 10 or how ever many that are votted for the most could be placed into the "try and add this" list for the next release. []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

PS - Some of these request lists I have seen just fall shy of having ubbthreads take the place of php and the apache web server all together... LoL I see what you mean about hodge podge.. []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]

User
User
I agree on the poll, we can take a look at the very best hacks that have been developed and not included in this release and place a poll, plus some other stuff like swf on signature [hehehe that drives me insane []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]]
Luke01

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Dave's idea is a good one. There are some things that could be done fairly easily. One example of which is the lack of an underline markup code. Why this was left out I'll never understand. Other things like the ability to quote someone with the click of a button may take a little more effort, but could still be done fairly easily.

I'm not sure how you would develop the list of features to include in a poll, but perhaps you can look for those that have the most response? There have been quite a few suggestions made in the Feature Request forum on the UBBThreads Support Forums. That may be a good place to start...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I can start one in the test forum... []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]

I'll check the request forum and find the top 10 or so, if you have a list already, post it []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I don't have a list per se, but I can come up with a few ideas:

AutoQuote
MarkAllRead
Expanded Markup (ie. Underline, Marquee, etc.)
Admin Definable Emoticons (ie. add to a single directory and have the contents displayed for configuration in the Admin CP)
Database Backup/Restore from Admin CP
Improved Moved Thread Handling (ie. Option to leave the thread topic with a link to the moved thread location - Refer to how iKonboard handles thread moves for a better idea on what I mean)

Those are just a few. I'm sure I can come up with some more.

Just a note on the expanded markup stuff.

While doing the mods to the 551 markup script I managed to get the dolist thing happening of one button click the rest is java, I havent looked at it yet, but I am sure the markup for inserting a poll could be done the same way. Freeing up some room in the code table to add other goodies and aslo making insterting a poll fool-proof...lol.

I will redo the java for the marquee stuff to run off one click as well, with the options being selected in the java script.

I have got the markup happening to insert flash into posts. Its basic at the moment but it works........lol
removing the markup....ouch....different story.

btw I vote for mark all read and quote to go into v6.

cheers,

dRiver

oh yeah and getting rid of those bracket thingie that seen to be eberywhere when the field is not in ues
04/05/02 02:13 AM[:red]()[/]

Last edited by dRiver; 04/04/2002 11:19 AM.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
In reply to:

oh yeah and getting rid of those bracket thingie that seen to be eberywhere when the field is not in ues

I noticed the same thing. It is rather annoying.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63