Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#214826 04/04/2002 10:58 PM
I posted this a couple days ago and my message has disappeared so I'll again mention that:

I'm using Netscape Navigator 4.5 and this new forum will not reveal itself to that browser. The forums "appear" to be invisible. When I use my backup browser, IE 5.5, no problem. Anyone else experience this?

Sponsored Links
Happened to me on NS 4.79 linux/win but I forgot to report. Only the "threads developers" header is visible. I take it's one of them xhtml tags (maybe the trailing " /" in most tags).

Guru
Guru
Actually it's a bug with the footer template. The footer is printed out after the closing html/body tags, which doesn't quite work properly []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]

UBB.threads Developer
> The footer is printed out after the closing html/body tags
Uh-oh, I didn't saw that one []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Anyway, I'm not exactly sure if this is the only/real culprit here because I remember loading html pages with stuff after the </html> tag in ns 4.x. In those cases it displayed the pages without the extra stuff following the ending tag (IIRC this is the behaviour recommended by "the book").

Now I can view the forum fine, and enter into a menu of threads fine, but when I enter a thread, all the icons for every message in the thread (folders, ribbon on finger, etc.) are displayed in one line across the top of the page and no icons anywhere else on the page.

I just hit the back button to see if it was still like that and No, it isn't. Now half the totality of all icons on the page are lumped into one of the four messages and the other half in one other message. Basically, a very weird presentation.

This happened to me last night also. Again, I'm using, at the moment and last night, Netscape 4.5

Sponsored Links
Just upgraded to Netscape 4.79 and the same thing happens. All the icons from the entire page are spread across the menu area at the top of the page in a line. There are no icons associated with each post, they are all concentrated in a line at the top of the page.

I just did a backspace to see what it looked like and the icons were indiscriminately scattered all over the page.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
All looks and works fine with Macintosh Netscape 4.61 and 6.
[]/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

Guru
Guru
Yes, this is a stylesheet bug with NS4. We have a solution in place for the next beta release.

UBB.threads Developer
Kahuna
Kahuna
Heh, why does this topic not surprise me? []/forum/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/]

Muhammad

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63