Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Addict
Addict
Ok, I've been thinking of how to set this up for the longest time, and with all the integration being done with UBBT I now see the light! But, I don't quite have the code hacking skills to pull it off myself. Here is my plan:

Right now, on my site we are a regional club, and with all the traffic the site generates it costs a lot of money. Well to help make up for costs we have made stickers, t-shirts, etc... but I have also started another plan. Users of the club can donate a small amount of money and I provide them with some webspace to store pictures. Our group of people rely heavily on pictures and showing them across the web.

Well, what I want to do is kinda like how the current photo album hack works now, where users upload pictures and then a page compiles them all together as a photo album. Well, can we do the same thing, but instead of showing ALL the pictures, each user has like a little photo album page? So if I go to John's photo page, it shows his pictures he has uploaded to the server, a short description... etc?

Because right now I'm making FTP account for each user, making their own directories, some people don't know how to use FTP, etc, its a nightmare. But if this could be all done with the users themselves, I would be forever greatful!

I know it can be done, but I just don't know if anyone else out there is willing to make it happen. If you need more info about what I'm looking to do, let me know. Thanks []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
Just another idea that popped in my head, for the photo hacks being done now its for pics uploaded in posts. I don't want the board being cluttered with pic posts, but rather have the users maybe in their profile page upload the pics to their photo album?

Then so everyone doesn't have this access, the people who send me the donation can be assigned to a different group, so only that group has access to have a photo album?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63