Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#216624 05/11/2002 8:14 AM
After going live with My Board

Im finding that certain users are having login problems. After inverstigating the matter and imporsonating a few users with login problems whats happening is you can succesfully login, and then it returns you to the homepage, but the URL includes a session Id string, despite me using cookie authentication. Then as soon as you try change page, you get logged out, obviously because the login decided to go down the session route, but all the other pages are choosing to authenticate using cookies which wernt established.

Now this is only a problem for abpout 1 in a 100 users. And whats more if that user creates a new account, that account is fine. So it isnt anything at there end.

Im gonna look at the code, if i notice anything ill let you know. But you may wanna look at it scream.

Sponsored Links
Right, well after severel hours of pulling my hair out ive finally sussed whats causing the problem. If a user changes his display details so that when he logs in he goes to the main index rather than the my home, It freaks it out, and it starts using session auth and not cookies????

I run SQL to put everyones U_Startpage back to cp, and im gonna see if i can work out why its freaking out now.

Kristian

Guru
Guru
Darn. Basically this was my attempt to get around a longtime problem of the cookie not being set properly when users set their start page to the main index. Even though cookies are used there is still an internal session id when you login, and I am passing that after logging in. My thought was that this would allow for the headers to get set properly so the cookie would be set. Apparently, it still isn't working as I had planned.

To fix your users you can run the following sql command:

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_StartPage='cp'

I might have to end up taking that option back out if I cannot find a reliable fix.

UBB.threads Developer
relates to this line somehow

if ( ($startpage == "mi") && ($firstlogin) ) {
header("Location: {$config['phpurl']}/$linker.php?Cat=$Cat&w3t_myid=$w3t_myid&w3t_mysess=$w3t_mysess");
}

Yeah, i ended up having to remove the option from edit display, replacing it with a hidden field and changing everyone to cp.

It would be nice to have it working, i personally would prefer to jump to the main index than my home. Then again theres more important issues im sure.

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
I made a change for BR4 that will hopefully fix this one.

UBB.threads Developer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63