Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
This is what I want to do:-

Give users the ability to squelch private messages from a specific poster. IE:- Put any user on an "ignore list" so that they do not accept private messages from that user.

Also:- When a poll is voted on, I want it to show the results where the poll was for logged-in users.

Finally:- Is there a way to change the "expire threads" feature, so that instead of deleting threads of a certain age, it moves them to another forum?

Last edited by Sheall; 05/25/2002 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
User
User
Maybe you guys could help me with the install of 6?

This is the error I get when trying to run the first step in the altertable...

I get very similar errors when trying to run any of the steps.

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: ALTER TABLE w3t_Online CHANGE O_Username O_Username varchar(30) NOT NULL , ADD O_Type varchar(1) NOT NULL, ADD INDEX type_index (O_Type)
No Database SelectedSQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: ALTER TABLE w3t_Users ADD U_Rating varchar(5) DEFAULT '0', ADD U_Rates int(4) DEFAULT '0', ADD U_RealRating INT(1), ADD U_PicWidth INT(4), ADD U_PicHeight INT(4), ADD U_Palprofile INT(11), CHANGE U_Password U_Password VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, CHANGE U_TempPass U_TempPass VARCHAR(32)
No Database SelectedSQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: CREATE TABLE w3t_Ratings ( R_What varchar(100) NOT NULL, R_Rater varchar(100) NOT NULL, R_Rating int(1) DEFAULT '0', R_Type varchar(1) NOT NULL, INDEX r_indx1(R_What,R_Rater,R_Type) )
No Database SelectedSQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: ALTER TABLE w3t_Posts ADD B_PosterId INT(9) UNSIGNED NOT NULL, ADD B_Rating varchar(5) DEFAULT '0', ADD B_Rates int(4) DEFAULT '0', ADD B_RealRating INT(1), ADD INDEX ID_ndx(B_PosterId)
No Database SelectedSQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: INSERT INTO w3t_Users (U_Username) VALUES ('DONOTDELETE')
No Database SelectedStep 1 has been completed.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Hi Sheall,

Check your config.inc.php file and make sure you have the correct settings for database name and user/password. The errors suggest that you are trying to access a database that does not exist.

Hope that helps some.

User
User
Oh well spotted.. thanks very much... heh, can you tell I am a novice at this? ;p

Also to any admin:- PLease delete the registered username "Sheallaidh" and change this username to "Sheallaidh" as I accidentally typed the wrong thign in the e-mail field.

User
User
Ok now the database has been updated... but when I view the forums nothing shows up... literlly just a blank screen?

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Check all of your variables in the config.inc.php script. I have seen this exact thing happen when a language include had the wrong path.

Make sure the path's are correct as well as everything else.

User
User
That's all correct... I think... but I can't see my forums... help!

User
User
Hmm... I uploaded my old config file and it works now.... how strange?

User
User
FOUND IT! hehe I had one error in the new config file.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
That's good news.

I hope all is working well.

Sponsored Links
User
User
[:"orange"]"Finally:- Is there a way to change the "expire threads" feature, so that instead of deleting threads of a certain age, it moves them to another forum? "[/]

This is a subject I asked about a couple days ago at Infopop. I'd kind of like to have the answer to this one as well.

What I would like to be able to do is to set up a read-only "archive" forum, for each forum. Then have threads of a certain age, automatically moved to their respective read-only archive forums.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63