Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hacker
Hacker
I've provided my code to TechIMO to integrate their PhotoPost product with the UBBThreads user database; now your users can post to both boards with only a single id. They released their upgrade with my code today.

http://www.techimo.com/photopost/index.html

I've also got some code which lets you list the galleries on the same page as the forums:

http://www.extremebikini.com/ebti/forums/ubbthreads.php

Enjoy!

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Nice work Michael, and thanks for getting us into the base code

I will be using your affilate link when I break down and buy photopost soon

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Awesome, as soon as version 6 is out I am going to buy photopost, one question though, is it possable(sp) to only allow access to photo post if you are a member of a certain group? I have paying members that I would like to be the only ones to be able to view/upload to photo post, basicly, when someone pays to be a member, I simply add them to the member group and then it would be cool if it automaticly gave them access to photopost with my restrictions of course.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hacker
Hacker
Yes, it is. You can import your Threads usergroups and then assign permissions to each cateogry accordingly.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Cool, looks like I am just waiting for the production version 6, any ideas when this is due out?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Now that version 6 is final it would be nice to have this modifications as a hack.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
If you've got a photopost licence... you can download the latest version from their member area. It's got the ability to link with UBBThreads 5 & 6 built in.

Hacker
Hacker
Right you are. I'm downloading the final to sync up some cookie changes; but we've had support for v6 since BETA2.

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Too bad PhotoPost costs 3-4 times as much as I pay for UBBThreads...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
half as much as imagefolio tho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Lurker
Lurker
3-4 times as much as UBB Threads? PhotoPost is $129 and UBB Threads is $229. Unless there is some other UBB threads version available like ASP hosting etc..

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Welcome Scott, he meant the price for threads owners who bought their license before Infopop took over... the price was quite a bit less at the time

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I was refering about the integration of Photopost and Ubbthreads onto one page. I have a valid photopost license but nowhere do I see where to totally integrate the two. I was referring to Extreme info at the first post of his code to intergrate the two.

Addict
Addict
Hrmm.. this is EXACTALLY what I was thinking of doing for adding a "members area" for my one site. Members pay me a small fee yearly for space to store pictures. I'm reading about it now, trying to figure out if it will do exactally what I want.

Are there any threads/photopost sites besides extremebikini? I want to see a variety of applications first

I will be integrating mine within a few days and shall post a link.

Addict
Addict
Cool, thanks. I guess my main question/concern is the way photopost works in relation to threads. For example I'd like to be able to just add a forum in threads called "Member Galleries" or whatever, so it is seamless with the look. But from my understanding that is impossible and you can only add the photopost forum on the same page as threads.

Now, I guess that isn't horrible if the templates and styles all continue through just fine so users can't really notice a difference, but that's why I want to see how some other sites are integrating these two excellent pieces of software

Also, any idea when the php version of photopost will be out? I don't like perl

Mine will be basically the same as Michaels as he is helping me integrate it. I think his site does a great jpb of integrating them together. As one can also see Photopost is using the same stylesheet as UBBthreads on his site.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
msula,

I've been running an integrated PhotoPost Threads site for months. Michael set it up for me. So perhaps I was the first "beta" tester (after his own site). IT WORKS GREAT!!!! He is a genius. Photopost was wise to hire him to make it an "off the shelf" integration.

The photopost pages are different URL than threads... but the true genius in integration is how it uses common logins, recognizes the threads cookie and users can go from one to the other without having to re-login. Also posts of pics on the photopost side DO increase the post count on the threads side.

I understand on the extremebikini site he has ways now to make the photos appear in the forum side. I haven't done this yet... waiting to do the next upgrade of that and version 6 of threads.

To make a link... what I did for a while on the threads side was make a forum... but I didn't give is a title (just a space) thus there is no hypertext to click into that forum. Then for the description of the forum, I was able to use HTML and put my link to the photo gallieries there. So they clicked on that link to go to the galleries etc...
I've since put the title in and put a few announcements in that forum.

We set it up behind iBill so users can pay to access the pics. iBill works well to control access to it.

You'd be welcome to take a look at my site. It's got adult content... but if you (or anyone else) wants to see it in action, you can PM or email me [][email protected][/] and I'll send you the URL and iBill login info so you can check it out. I just don't want to offend posting adult links here.

Addict
Addict
Thanks for the reply I checked your profile and saw your link in there But it seems as if something like that would suit my needs. I posted a poll on my boards asking for sure how many people would use the feature, I already know about 25 people do for sure, so that's more than enough to cover photopost costs at least

But I will give the poll a few days to tell the story and decide by the end of the week for sure, but looks like I'll be going with it. Thanks!

Hacker
Hacker
Sorry for not posting sooner; I've been putting in 14+ hour days getting the PHP version written. I'm down to just testing against a couple more boards - I even had time to add more than a couple great features (slideshow, ratings, user move/del, etc.)

Let me explain about the integration on my site. I basically wrote some quick and dirty PHP code to poll the PP database and format the forums to look like UBBThreads. I had to hack together UBBT code (to share the templates and such) and write the PHP interface for the galleries.

There has been alot of interest in converting this into a revenue generating system and several options are under consideration - it wouldnt be that hard.

I'll be working with Allen here in a couple days to get his system up and running (as well as some other testers). I am hopeful that the full release will be out by the end of the month.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Oops... forgot I gave the link in my profile.

One thing I've learned the last month (when we started charging for photo access). YES - people are willing to pay for photos.

I have recouped purchase price, development cost and then some in the first month. But maybe adult pics have more of a draw. LOL

Well if you want to see the integration of Photopost on a UBBthreads site you can take a look here. Michael gave me the quick and dirty code and I hacked away. You can see it does exactly what it is suppose too.

http://www.reeftalk.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Hacker
Hacker
The only thing that doesnt work are the lightbulbs; I need to take a look at that again.

Looks like to make it work right, we'd have to integrate with w3t_Last; which is more work than I want to try right now...

Last edited by extremebikini; 06/12/2002 8:06 PM.
Michael, we purchased photopost today and installed it as a standalone here

The user database is integrated with my UBBT (the link is in my profile, not posting here due to partial adult content). We will ultimately integrate it entirely with UBBT once we can get it to work. We stuck at this point.

We just cant upload anything as a user/admin! We tried the bulk upload route thru ftp and that worked, but whenever as a user I try fill in the upload form and hit the Submit button, Wham!! I am back in the Register/Login Screen

Just cant figure out "where" the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: And offcourse the next problem is how to get PP on our index page as on your site (which was so impressive that we decided to buy PP immediately!!), seamlessly integrated in look, feel and function. The saem issues as expressed above and all of them, it seems you helped out

Last edited by crescendo; 06/29/2002 6:35 AM.

Yors Truly

Who? Me? Worry?
**bump**

Yors Truly

Who? Me? Worry?
Hacker
Hacker
Sorry I didnt respond sooner; been so busy with the last BETA (5 is out now).

Are you using the Perl or PHP version? [Note: I just checked and you are referring to the Perl product. Everything should be working properly as it was on my system before I switched to the PHP version. Can look closer if you want me to - or maybe you'd prefer to load the PHP BETA?]

The code on my index page is code that I put together and would be glad to share. It isnt the prettiest because I wrote it in a rush; but someone else asked for it and they put it on their site as well.

Once I get done with the first release, I'm going to look at writing some code that make the integration with UBBThreads tighter.

Best thing to do for support of the product is to post on the support forums - I'm on there constantly during the day and get here when I can.

Addict
Addict
as soon as php final is out I'm purchasing it, so some detailed instructions and code for UBBT integration would be great when you get a chance

Hacker
Hacker
Sure. When I get the final done, I'll document a hack for UBBThreads to integrate the boards like I have on my site. That will give me the chance to go in and clean it up a little.

posted by msula:
as soon as php final is out I'm purchasing it, so some detailed instructions and code for UBBT integration would be great when you get a chance

If you buy now you will save $20 .

Is it possible to set it up now as a standalone product and then merge the two or would it be easier to wait until the hack is posted?

Hacker
Hacker
The code I added to the ubbthreads can be added at any time. It doesnt actually change any data; just reads from the PhotoPost's databases.

Addict
Addict
posted by casper:
posted by msula:

so I take it the price will be going up 20 dollars when the php version comes out? So if I buy a license now, that works towards either the perl or php version then? Thanks for the heads up if that is the case
If you buy now you will save $20 .

Is it possible to set it up now as a standalone product and then merge the two or would it be easier to wait until the hack is posted?

No Problem. The savings is advertised right on their front page.http://www.photopost.com

I just bought mine........

Last edited by casper; 07/01/2002 8:01 PM.
Michael, cant thank you enough for helping to set up PP. Now I am posting this here (and not in Techimo) to take it to the next level.

Eagerly awaiting your hack on displaying the PP Index page in the main index page of your site.

Thnaks once again.

Last edited by crescendo; 07/04/2002 5:43 AM.

Yors Truly

Who? Me? Worry?
Hacker
Hacker
Well, folks; PhotoPost PHP has been released!

Now that the final has been released; I'll document the UBBThreads intergation hack I did and post it in the Hacks area in the PhotoPost PHP forums.

http://www.extremebikini.com/ebti/forums/ubbthreads.php

Happy 4th everyone!

Hacker
Hacker

User
User
In my opinion, that with it to hurry up does not cost. I have received the license, but!... One problems!...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hello
th Hack works to PhotoPost v3.1.0 RC1 not correctly .

Marking of the place

Nettomo
Attachments
55787-photopost.gif (0 Bytes, 44 downloads)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63