Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#218337 06/09/2002 2:10 PM
As soon as I brought my staff in to test .threads they complained that they were unable to post messages or polls. I disabled the referrer check, but they (and I) are still getting sporadic errors about not being able to post or vote in polls because the request is coming from the wrong server.

What do I do? Only a couple of the people getting this error have firewalls. I don't, and it's happened to me when voting. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does happen it seems to be at the beginning of a session, right after logging in. I'm using cookies, not sessions.

My board (populated with messages and members but not live yet) is at http://forum.foolmoon.com/ubbthreads.php.

I'd appreciate a clue.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Could it be because you have UBBT and UltimateBB in the same directory? Maybe the UBBT is trying to read the Ultimate cookies? (Or the Ultimate is corrupting the UBBT cookies?) Also, I noticed you are running your forums in a subdomain (forum.foolmoon.com). I think someone else posted they had a problem running their board in a subdomain as well.

Even with 2 separate versions of threads, I had problems running it in two different directories on the same domain (unless we wanted to set cookies directory wide and not site wide, which we didn't. ) I ended up setting everything up and getting everything ready on my private (read: cheap and tiny ) website, then when we move the new version over this week I'll set it up in a new directory to hook up to the mysql, run the altertables, then make the move to the regular directory. Yes, it's definitely the long way around, but our users are very particular about down time (they get antsy over 10 minutes of downtime )

These probably aren't your problem, but at least it's something more to rule out!

[:"red"]Lisa[/]
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If your editing the configure file via the admin section it may be resetting your referrer check... here's a related post:

https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/...ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63