Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
There is a thread over at the IP community forums about this. Presently, the UBB.C -> UBB.T import scripts writes the UBB.C login name to the UBB.T user name field.

I have had a quick look at the import script, but am not certain as to what needs to be replaced in the script to have the UBB.C display name imported as the user name in the UBB.T installation.

This is pretty important, since many of our UBB members use different, private, login names which they would not want to have made public.

Right now, this is the only major issue holding me back from launching one of our client sites on the new UBB.T platform.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Rob

Last edited by RTM; 06/10/2002 7:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
The import script has a number of problems that I'm going to have to hack before importing my board.

Regarding using public display names instead of login names, I haven't worked out all the details yet, but ...

The import script loads a member profile into the array $member. $member[0] is the login name, and $member[15] is the public display name. So replacing $member[0] by $member[15] in the appropriate places should do the trick. If $member[15] is blank (no public display name), then $member[0] should be used.

First off, many thanks for your quick response!

Writes Dave_L:
The import script has a number of problems that I'm going to have to hack before importing my board.

Just out of curiosity, what are these other issues that you feel need to be addressed? I used the import script to migrate a 6.2.0 ubb.c and I didn't notice any significant issues. Granted, I have only had time to do very basic testing of the imported content.

I wonder also if I can simply rerun the import script when I am ready to launch the ubb.t version, while maintaining any existing ubb.t settings (stylesheets, templates, config settings, etc.)

Writes Dave_L:
So replacing $member[0] by $member[15] in the appropriate places should do the trick. If $member[15] is blank (no public display name), then $member[0] should be used.

That's what I figured - only I hadn't factored in the blank public display name scenario. Good point. Like you imply, there are several issues to be considered.

Thanks again!

Rob

Addict
Addict
other issues

I don't have a concise list handy, but they've all been reported to Infopop.

... rerun the import script ... while maintaining any existing ubb.t settings (stylesheets, templates, config settings, etc.)

I think the script only loads the database, and doesn't care about those settings, but I'm not sure.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63