Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#219337 06/18/2002 11:12 PM
Power User
Power User
when a user comes to the board and goes to post as Anonymous it goes thru and shows up on the main page as the current new post is Anonymous but when you go to see it, it isn't there to look at.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
It sounds like maybe the placeholder user for anonymous posts didn't get added properly. Try running the following 2 SQL commands and let me know the results:

SELECT U_Username FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number=1

SELECT U_Number FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username LIKE '%DONOTDELETE%'

UBB.threads Developer
Power User
Power User
I just got it fixed and I was going to post it in here but you beat me to it.

Thank you

Power User
Power User
For some reason, I ended up with 2 **DONOTDELETE** type users when using the 5.5 to 6.0 alter table. This was after editing the altertable to properly add the group number to the **DONOTDELETE** user.

Power User
Power User
I have 2 also. It said for the U_Number one is 1 and the other is 18

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
I deleted my second **DONOTDELETE** and haven't seen a change.

Anyway, in Threaded mode, it's attempting to link to the user's profile for Anonymous users in the tree at the bottom of the posts. Is this a bug in showthreaded.php or the showthreaded.tmpl template?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Problem:

Latest post displayed on main index, but when you go to forum, the new posts are not listed. I noted your reply regarding NODELETE and checked my db. Sure enough, u_number was 120. I changed it to 1, and all is well with the anonymous posts. However, a couple of admin posts were done before I made the change, and those posts are still not displaying in the actual forum, yet they are indicated as latest posts on the main index. I posted to one of them after my change, and my posts does show up in the forum, yet the previous post by the other admin does not. I've checked my db and the posts do actually exist.

Sequence of events:

Upgraded from 5.1.4 to 6.0.1
Ran all altertables in sequence. Had the following errors:

Alterting the boards table to better store the moderatorsAdding auxillary info to online table...
Adding an option for users to have this aux info displayed...
Enlarging signature field...
Adding a new security option to set if users can start new topics or only reply to current topics....
Setting default reply privileges to the current write privileges...
Adding an index to w3t_Posts for speed improvment...(NOTE: SOME OF THESE MAY FAIL DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU FIRSTS INSTALLED UBB.threads BUT THAT IS OK
SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: ALTER TABLE w3t_Posts DROP INDEX w3t_Postsindex9
Can't DROP 'w3t_Postsindex9'. Check that column/key existsDone...

Ok, so it says some of the querys may fail but its OK, so I disregard them. w3t_Postsindex9 does not exist anyway, so this one shouldn't matter, right?

altertable-5.5-6.0.php?step=step1

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: INSERT INTO w3t_Users (U_Username) VALUES ('**DONOTDELETE**','-4-')
Column count doesn't match value count at row 1Step 1 has been completed.
Step 2 will be incrementing everone's userid by 1. This needs to be done because userid 1 now is the placeholder user for anonymous posts and posts from users that have been deleted.

Proceed to step 2

So this is where my problem for anon posts was. I added this manually, (I hope the -4- goes to the u_groups) and then changed the u_number to one.

So now back to the members posts that aren't displaying. Have I overlooked something?

Edited: Ok, I went and checked the posts in the db. Apparently when they posted, they were given a poster_id of 0, just like the anonymous were, so I changed them to reflect the correct poster_id for the user. I can now navigate to the page by typing the URL, but it won't display in the forum list. Here's the link to the post in question: http://www.natcazjx.org/forum/showt...iew=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

If you go to the forum, http://www.natcazjx.org/forum/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=talk the darned thing isn't there.

Where else can I look?

Last edited by fishtails; 06/23/2002 11:22 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849