Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#219498 06/21/2002 8:57 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Please read the following guidelines before posting in this forum.

Basic Guidelines
This forum is for the posting of finished modifications only for V6.0.x. and above.
If you have a mod that is still in a beta format, please post in the V6 Beta Forum.
Any questions relating to a finished mod, should be in the relevant thread, and not in a new thread.
Suggestions for modifications to UBB.Threads should be in the Modifications Suggestions forum.

If you are posting a modification to Version 6, then please read on... if you are posting a question about a finished mod, find the thread and ask away...

Modification Guidelines

By posting a modification in here, you are saying to users that it is finished, and is ready for anyone to upload onto their site, without any bugs to the best of your knowledge.

Please do not post complete files, rather use small sections of code, along with the newer section of code. If you use line numbers relevant to the original file, please still include enough code before the line to be edited, so that anyone without line numbers or a previously modified file can find the code uniquely in the file concerned.

It would be helpful to people using your modifications that you include the following information both in the first topic message, and also in the text attachment.

[Version] Mod Name - the name of the mod / Version number
Description - please give a brief description of what the modification actually does
Working under - the version of threads that it works under
Any pre-requisites - if the mod requires any other mod to make it work
Author(s) - give yourself and anyone else a plug that worked on it!
Credits - if the mod is based on someone else’s work, it is only polite to give them credit
Demo - if you have a demonstration of what the file does then please include it.
Files Altered - list of any files to be altered
Database Altered - Does the database structure need altering (yes/no)
New Files - list of any new files added (including altertables etc.)
Any other info - If there is any other info required - usual warnings like back-up files, requires full license of threads etc...

I will attempt to keep a table in the forum of finished mods, so that at a glance, new visitors can see what is available. These will hyperlink to the existing threads, and act as an index as well.

There is no problem with the attachment being on your own web space /server if you want - that way you can easily update it if required - but please if the URL changes, let me know, so that I can update the location.

Please request for the old beta thread to be closed, when a new one is opened in this forum. If a new version is released then please start a new thread in the beta forum, for that newer version, until such time as you are confident of it working

Not a problem for minor revisions - but if it is a big step forward, and is likely to have a lot of bugs / further development, then it ought to have its own thread on beta - as anyone visiting this forum should be safe in the knowledge that any mod will work fine on an un-modified forum. Minor revisions would include alterations to cope with a updated release of threads.

The above information is not so much a bunch of rules, but just guidelines, so it becomes easier for users to find modifications that are suitable for their forum.

Any questions, please PM me.

Enjoy!! Appréciez!! Genießen Sie!! Goda!! Aprecíe!! Goce!!

Ian

Last edited by canvey; 12/27/2002 5:26 PM.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
I think it would helpful to add a Database altered section for the modification.

This section would either be "none", or would list database tables/columns added or affected.

By "affected", I mean that the modification changes the way the columns are used. An example would be a mod that adds a new value to w3t_Posts.B_Status.

This is important to know, since mods that alter the database may not be easily "undoable". Even if the script were restored to the "stock" code, the database would remain altered, and the script might not function properly.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
that sounds like a good idea Some people are less apt to try the mod if you have to make changes to the db.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
joeuser #219501 06/22/2002 11:37 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks - I did alter the above post, just after you post - apologies for not responding.

Ian

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63