Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
#220116 06/30/2002 9:55 AM
MTO
Addict
Addict
I really would like to see a useful option to post in HTML.

As an Administrator (option to allow to mods) I want to be able to post in "real" HTML, without security filters, not anything. Though it is not recomended to allow HTML for users, truth is that the "Make post using HTML" is made having general users in mind.

I do not allow users to post in HTML, but as an Admin, I think I can trust my own code as to not be harmful. At least thats what I do with the rest of my site. I want to be able to post an article in HTML without it being trimmed, without it being filtered.

If there are some admins that dont care about the security risks of allowing HTML, then fine, allow them to have the option "using HTML" as it is now, with all those filters. But I need another option, "using true HTML" that is not filtered, what I post is displayed.

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I have often wanted this myself. I don't think it would be to hard to do. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Addict
Addict
I would also like to see that, mainly when using the IIP system to post news to my main site. I would love to format it with some tables and photos, etc. Great idea.

Addict
Addict
I agree this could be useful.

But if it is implemented, I don't think the privilege should automatically be extended to all admins/mods. Although my other admins (and mods, to a lesser extent) are trustworthy, they're not very knowledgeable about HTML or web programming, and might unintentionally post something insecure.

MTO
Addict
Addict
Last week I set up a threads site for a friend.
Unfortunately I had to tell him he should basically give up on enhancing the look of his articles (as posts in the board) with dreamweaver. "Just post normal text and use the UBB Code..." posting in HTML does not really work, it actually ruins the code itself...

So ahm... yes, just keeping alive my wish UBBThreads will someday allow posting in HTML better than it does right now. For Admins & mods only, obviously...

Sponsored Links
Count me in as joining the list of users that want this, too.

Hi MTO, are you aware you can Edit posts within the database and use HTML in it and it will display properly? you can use PHPmyadmin to do it. You just wont be able to edit them properly from within threads. I thought I should throw this in there I aggree that getting threads to Post using HTML/XHTML would be great

MTO
Addict
Addict
Yes, I'm aware I can edit posts inserting HTML through phpMyAdmin, but that is far from optimal. If to post in HTML I have to open another software, search for the post in the database, edit it, and so on... there is something very wrong. This should be available directly though UBBThreads.

But thanks for the tip, anyways!

Addict
Addict
What about having the capabiliy to post PHP code?

[eval]arbitrary PHP code here[/eval]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63