Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Latest zip file with the updates and fixes listed below can be found here:
https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/...ed&sb=5&o=&fpart=3#Post55391

[:"red"]Please consider this IIP version (4.6.2) a beta release for now.[/]

This addon is being used here at ThreadsDev.com as the front page. Click here to view the example.

I'll be editing this shortly to include a list of features to better explain what it is and what it does.

Please note that this is ment for use with UBB.threads 6.1 but you can make it work with the 6.0 series if you follow the posts located here:
https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/...ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I think this will do for now... keep checking back.

Edit note:

More bugs found~

The "Online" box is not displaying correctly according to the configure settings and the user's visible/invisible status. (fixed)

The "Attachments" list doesn't seem to be displaying all boards. (provided the viewer can see them of course) (I found the problem, now just need to figure out the solution... lol) (fixed)

Minutes missing in the "Online" display. I know what it was that broke that... lol was me. (fixed)

Shout box time stamps didn't reflect user offsets. (fixed)

Shout box not viewable with Mozilla 1.1/Linux. I'll know soon if what I have done actually fixed the problem... lol (fixed)

There was a problem with picture sizes in most all of the pal boxes. I have changed it so that if there are no picture width/height values stored with the user's picture the values are set to the default ones in the theme.inc.php file. (fixed)

After doing a search for usernames in the profile index the highlighting is added to the username used in the links for sending a pm and adding to address book and the other related links. (fixed)

Small problem with "action" sentences in the shout box. Multiple /me's are also removed from the same line. Only the first one should be replaced. (fixed)

The newspal.php script was not pointing attachments at the download.php script. (fixed)

attachmentlistpal.php was also not pointing at teh download.php script. (fixed)

Various refer checks are being used and not checking first to see if this was disabled in the .threads configure file. (fixed)

Have added~

An option to prevent unregistered users from using the shout box. (done)

A limit option to allow for displaying only so many names in the online box. A link to the online.php page of .threads is provided when the limit is passed. (done)

Setup information on adding "At the Entrance" to the language files so that users locations are explained in the online.php page. (done)

A version check and warning during initial install if used with .threads versions other than 6.1 (not sure if I should make it not run completely as it can be made to work with 6.0 easily enough) (done)

Working on getting the "profile index" added back in. Guess I'm bored. LoL Plus may as well get the bugs out of it now... (done)

Everything is XHTML 1.0 transitional compliant now too! wooo hooo! standards.

Have changed~

Instead of limiting access to U_Number 2, typically the "main admin" in .threads it will now allow access based on status, and that being Administrator. Navaho informed me that when .classic users move to .threads their usernumber may often not be number 2. Now I know.
Attachments
55177-IIP.4.6.zip (0 Bytes, 16 downloads)

Last edited by JustDave; 09/02/2002 12:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Ok I found a bug in the online pal box. I'll have to modify a query in the index page to supply the information the online box will need to use to work correctly.

What is basicly happening is that all users, with the exception of admins, are seeing what a guest would see when viewing the online box. To get around this you can set this:

If a user a user is invisible should we allow them to see others that are not?
Note: Admins are not affected by this setting. 1=yes 0=no

to 1 in the online configure panel for IIP in the "ONLINE" box area.

The online pal box also needs to see if the user viewing the page is invisible and if so display the information according the the setting above. Right now it can't tell if the registered user is invisible or not...

Power User
Power User
WOOOHOOO!!!

I love it! Simple, EASY

Now I need to work on what I see at the very bottom:

"Generated in 19.465 seconds in which 19.406 seconds were spent on a total of 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.
"

also, I had to CHMOD pals directory and configpal.php to 777

index.php
create-cache-table.4.6.php
editconfigpal.php and
doeditconfigpal.php

all need the change to the
if ($user['U_Number'] == 2) {
line

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
With caching the generation times will drop considerably. I plan on looking into creating a cron script that would do the cache updates independantly from the front end so that nobody would end up with a page that lands on a full cache update.

Getting feedback on this version will greatly help with the next one as far as getting it go speed up.

Power User
Power User
users viewing the entrace are visible on the Who's Online, but their location is blank

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I debated on adding this information to the "INITIAL SETUP" box...

What needs to be done is in every language folder open the "online.php" file and add this:

$ubbt_lang['index'] = "At the Entrance";

Or use what ever description you wish.

I'll make sure this additional information is in for the final release.

Veteran
Veteran
Dave,

Does this work with cats?

If I go to https://www.ubbdev.com/index.php?Cat=3,5 and click on the several of the links, the URL looses the Cat setting.

Sorry to be a pain on this, but as you know cats are fairly critical to my site.

Thanks.

Ian

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
No this doesn't work with Cats completely. I really didn't spend much time on fixing 4.3's Cat issues for this release. In the next version I have already gone through every link and made sure the Cat is being passed. I am not sure how I'll accomplish allowing the setting of specific news boards on a per Cat basis in the online configure panel either. A site with 200 categories would have 10 full pages of news setup boxes unto itself.

Addict
Addict
On Mozilla 1.1 (Linux) the shout box is completely black, black text on black background. And there seems to be lots of empty rows at the top.

Also, the times aren't using the time zone offset.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I fixed the times in the next release. I have used Mozilla 1.0 (windows) on 5.0's shout box and it all seemed the same as IE. But, 5.0 has been completely rewritten. Allowing for the use of languages correctly allong with templates ment nothing was untouched. As I was going through the code I found things I could do better and did. LoL

I'm at the front page with Mozilla 1.0 right now... it looks the same as IE 6.0 but perhaps I'm in some compatibility mode by default?

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
One of the things to keep in mind about adjusted times is that when the page is running in "force public" mode so more information can be cached the times are only displayed according to the server time. Since 5.0 throws everything into an array for the template to spit out I think it will be possible to still display correct adjusted times for registered users. I haven't even began figureing out how to store some of the larger arrays and pull them back out correctly yet... but I'll get there... lol

Addict
Addict
Well after taking the night off lastnight, I see a new version. Just a question dave. Since I'm already running 4.6, to update to this "current" version can I simply overwrite my pals and index, and just change the one variable in my index.php file? Or do I need to start from scratch and reconfigure?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
There should be no need to reconfigure.

Just uploading the pal scripts/index over the old ones.

Make sure that you set $palspath variable in the index.php script.

I'll be putting out another update today sometime..

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
posted by AllenAyres:
I remember you saying something about "sideblocks" for the forums, is this still something available? Would be nice to have a link to hide/unhide as well I see that in the phpnuke/vb stuff.

I pulled this from a 4.3 post

Just wanted to let you know that with 5.0's templates you can wrap any non admin .threads script with pal boxes by adding two and modifying one lines of code in the .threads script. It blends everything together rather nicely.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Looking forward to that

I was gonna post something about slow page generation times, but it looks like the server here is a bit sluggish today, as all pages are slow at times

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Addict
Addict
Oh dear, I wasn't thinking and just ended up overwriting my config file Not a big deal, but I see the errors are not showing up anymore, so that's good

Addict
Addict
Ok Dave, leave it to me, but I broke it!

I updated all the changes in the config script, viewed my main page, it was displaying correctly. But I wanted to tweak it some more, so I click on the copyright link to adjust the changes. Whoops, I got this:

code:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';' in /home/www/michiganjeepers/forums/pals/configpal.php on line 36

And now, the config page is messed up, all the settings are completely gone.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
posted by AllenAyres:
I was gonna post something about slow page generation times, but it looks like the server here is a bit sluggish today, as all pages are slow at times

I was just mentioning something about this in the shout box. I have seen some high numbers as far as page generation times go but in contrast the page itself loaded quickly as far as I was concerned. I have been wondering if the shout box loading in an iframe and calling the main.inc.php file while the main page is doing the same thing has something to do with that? Probably not I guess. Each should be a seperate occurance, right? I'll have to ask Rick about this when he gets back. It's been on my mind for a while now... lol

Addict
Addict
I fixed it. I made the change to NOT show initial setup when I go to config, and instead of placing a 0 in the configpal.php it didn't enter a number at all. But I manually put a 0 and it works great.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I do need to go through doeditconfigpal.php and set variables to a default value if not specified. Well, some are but not most of them...

Addict
Addict
OK, I've tracked this one down. It's the tableborders class on the table surrounding the iframe that makes the whole thing completely black. If that is removed it looks great on Mozilla 1.1 (Linux).

Example:
<TABLE WIDTH=100% BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=1 CLASS="tableborders"><TR><TD ALIGN=LEFT VALIGN=TOP><IFRAME NAME=sbox ...

Change it to this:
<TABLE WIDTH=100% BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=1 CLASS=""><TR><TD ALIGN=LEFT VALIGN=TOP><IFRAME NAME=sbox ...

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I like the outline of the iframe though. Would putting a class="lighttable" in the <td> tag around the iframe fix this?

Addict
Addict
There is another tableborder on the outmost table, I thought that took care of the border. I'll try some things out.

Addict
Addict
There is no change on the appearence with either your or my way, both works. Take a look at the attached image to see how it looks like for me with either of these changes.
Attachments
55283-slask_shoutbox.png (0 Bytes, 43 downloads)

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
wow that text is huge in the box... does the text not resize with a <span> tag? Or would a <font> tag be better...

On IE there is an iner boarder around the iframe but I don't see it in your screen shot. I'll do the customary double table open around the iframe so that there are borders for both browsers.

Power User
Power User
Is it possible to disable a guest's ability to use the shoutbox or to have it check banned IP's before allowing them to post?

I have a few individuals banned from my website who are enjoying screwing around with the shoutbox, I have had to diable it on the entrance page

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
The script that adds the shout to the database does check for bans. If it is a registered user it checks the username making the shout. If not a registered user it uses the IP address to check against the bans. Dynamic IP addresses are the majority on the net. ISP's such as AOL complicate this with proxies.

I added a check against the postername variable being used to see if that too is banned. I think the best way to handle it though would be to disallow nonregistered users from using the shout box and then banning by username may tire them out.

Addict
Addict
Yeah, I saw that too, don't know why it's like that. Span should work OK with mozilla. Is there a doctype in the html-page inside the iframe?

Why not have the iframe start next to the outer border instead, utilizing all area inside the box?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I thought about widening it out to that size but decided to follow the other boxes with the padding around the content. I will make some changes to this next update and also add a doc type to the shout display page to see if that helps bring things back into perspective.

Addict
Addict
Couldn't you have the padding inside the iframe instead?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
That also places padding between the scroll bar and the content and that was something I didn't like... lol

Veteran
Veteran
posted by JustDave:
No this doesn't work with Cats completely. I really didn't spend much time on fixing 4.3's Cat issues for this release. In the next version I have already gone through every link and made sure the Cat is being passed. I am not sure how I'll accomplish allowing the setting of specific news boards on a per Cat basis in the online configure panel either. A site with 200 categories would have 10 full pages of news setup boxes unto itself.

Q - When you say next release do you mean 5 or 4.6.0.1

I am not really too fussed about all the various cat settings for all the various options, as I will be installing one copy of IIP for each community - okay it means I have to install it around 20 times initially (the other 180 can wait!) - but as I have a seperate folder now for each community, and various sites all link to those different folders it is not a major problem - what I need to avoid is loosing the Cat setting, within those communities

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Addict
Addict
It does? That's certainly annoying. But couldn't you put a table on the page in the iframe and have the padding in there. It shouldn't affect the placing of the scrollbar.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
hehe

A. More likely will call it 6.0 because it's nothing like the previous versions.

Veteran
Veteran
Drat I was hoping the Cat links will be there in 4.6.0.x - oh well I will sit back patiently until 6 is out.

Any time scale?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
With luck it will be ready for Rick's 6.2 as I am looking forward to tracking according to U_Number and not U_Username.

Power User
Power User
just a little something in the online pal

it says "blah blah blah and 1 guest have been online with in the last minutes.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
oops.. I made that bug when removing the "go back" option. I'll get it fixed.

Power User
Power User
Is there a limit to the # of users shown in the onlinepal ?

Im getting ready to go live and mass email all my members with the new url to the forums.. however even now with only @40-50 people showing its turning into a really big pal:
[]44 members (michael, E.E., XxKoRnxX, Dthunder, azza2002, azn_devil, Dogmiester86, chipmonkrocks, tyranitar666, pokemonmike, Riotkitty, Raikou87, dark_trader, KingdraSummoned, djcool2004, pokemoncardfreak, MoolaH, EEVILMURRAY, Hollywood_Hulk_Hogan, aximili, Raichu151, POKEDAD43, webgod, CrazyWolf, Grass, water_master_2002, Jay_Williams, Master_of_Duels, maxpayne, Dark_Gia, hockeyman17, RoCkEtS_ZaPdOs, Mike_and_Becca_Professors, dragonscytheazn, Skatekid, pokemonbertke, Pichu2003PTCO, bt880720, Lukas, Goku_Of_Borg, charizard_262000, tctreece2003, pokemon_weirdo, SQuiRT) and 11 guests have been online with in the last minutes.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I don't think I have done that with this version. I have done a limit for the 5.0 though... lol

Adding the option to this one isn't that big of a deal. I'll put it in now. There will be a setting in the configure panel to set the limit. There will be a "...more" link to the main online.php page so they can view the rest of the users online.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63