Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
I am having a problem that has me tearing my hair out.
I have a lot of stores on my site that have affiliate (paid) links. I have integrated it into my forum that if someone posts a link to one of those stores it will redirect through my affiliate link before going back to the original page posted.
It all works just great except for one glitch.
Posting just one link in a post goes great.
If more than one link is in a post, it only redirects through the first link listed.
I need help getting all links to be recognized individually and redirecting correctly.
Here is a sample post:
http://www.flamingoworld.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=onlinedeals&Number=6260

When you view the properties for each link, the "txt=" part is always the same as the first link. The "to=" is the posted link.
The "txt=" should be the same as the "to="
The "txt=" is the final landing page where people want to go, so they both need to be the same, as in the first listed link.
I am sure you are all confused by now! lol

But the thing is, the redirecting isn't going through and doing all the links, only the first one.
If someone wants to help me but can't in this forum, please email me! I am willing to pay for your time.
I am just getting so frustrated, I feel I know this forum code so well from working on this, but I am stumped.

Thanks!
Connie

Last edited by FlamingoWorld; 09/27/2002 10:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Oh. It's a problem... not a Priblem... I know more about priblems.

Sounds like you need some good regular expressions put in place... I'm just not that good with them... know just enough to cause problems and that's about it... LoL

You may wish to post in the "Developer for Hire" forum and see if there are any takers.

User
User
Hey! Within 5 seconds of posting this, I fixed my misspelling! It has been a long week! It is feeliing more like a priblem than a problem.

I am not good at regular expressions either, judging from how confusing my post seems!

I will keep plugging away at this at least until all my hair is pulled out and I am bald.

I just have a feeling it is a simple thing that I am missing and am overlooking the obvious.

Thanks for taking the time to look, I appreciate it!

Connie

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Connie

You said []I have integrated it into my forum [/]

I'm assuming you mean you have a script automatically converting the urls to your redirects? If I took the same three Drugstore links and correctly linked them, they would work -- yes? So the problem is that the script you are using to convert the urls is only converting the first url correctly and from that point on it incorrectly converts it? If you seperate the links into different posts, same thread, does it still mess up? Is this a new script, or was it working prior to upgrading to 6.1.0 (or whatever version you are running.)

Also, your title says problem in showflat -- does that mean it does work in showthreaded? *Edit -- nevermind, I just tried showthreaded and it's broken there too. Just trying to narrow the problem down as far as possible.

Last edited by Lisa_P; 09/27/2002 11:47 PM.

[:"red"]Lisa[/]
User
User
The problem only exists if the urls are in the same post. The redirect works great when using just one link in one post.
The problem is in both showflat and showthreaded.
We had the same problem before we upgraded to the newer version.
Just need to figure out how to get the redirect to recognize and process more than one link in a post.
If I can get this figured out the script will work perfect.
Here is another post that shows an example.

http://www.flamingoworld.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=freebie&Number=2331

All completely different urls, but all redirect to the first one posted.
Would like it to process the first url and continue on to do all urls until it runs out of urls to process.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I tried a test post of 3 stores and in the preview they are redirecting properly, but after the post is entered it went back to only redirecting the first url and copying the redirect to the second and third.

You have the options for html/ubb turned off, but have you tried posting and using the option "without html and UBBCode" and see if it still breaks the redirects?

[:"red"]Lisa[/]
User
User
Lisa,
With html/ubb code turned off there is no link so there is no redirect. None of the other options make any difference. They have to be turned on in order for it to work.
Why can't coding be logical, you tell it what you want it to do and it does it!
Just need a way for it to do each link individually.
I have a test site that I use to mess around with so it won't affect my real site, so I guess I will be working all weekend!

Thanks!
Connie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63