Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#226475 10/18/2002 10:08 AM
Kahuna
Kahuna
Hi All,

I would like to see the possiblility to allow the user list to be filtered and to show only the users that are "public"

For instance, I have created a login for one of my partner companies, and they use that login to enter the site and ensure that their logos are displayed all the time.

It would be, therefore, great if we can have a field in the user table (public CHAR(1) default = 'Y") which will be used to filter out users with public = "N" in all screens that require the user information, such as the Who's online, User list, Max Users, etc.

This way the partner can log in without even being an invisible member but not shown to anyone. Only Admins can see the partners.

I guess that after the alteration of the user table to use the new field, the best option is to search for all queries checking the w3t_users table and append a WHERE clause which will do the filtering.

Warm regards

Nikos

Nikos
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You probably could easily alter the user list to only grab "visable" users (if you aren't an admin). Admins can always see all.

Daine #226477 10/18/2002 10:12 AM
Kahuna
Kahuna
I agree Josh, but I was aiming to a more base level. For instance I created a new login called TestPartner and at the bottom of the screen (plus the IIP) I got:

Welcome to our newest member "TestPartner"

This is the information that I also don't want users to look at. In my forum new users don't come very often.

Warm regards

Nikos

Nikos
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Oh I see.....

You know.... if you're not using the approval mechanism for members, that might be easier to monkey with.

I know that all the things that grab usernames (incl. IIP) make sure they are approved first.

Now users who are not approved can't login... but you might be able to bypass that.

Then you'd need to test (or look) and see what else unapproved users can't do, and modify it so that they can post etc.....

But I'm farily certain that users who are not approved don't appear in any IIP boxes, don't show as the newest member, and don't appear on the user list (I think... if not you could tweak that way).

Just a though. I'm always reluctant to create new database fields, I try to use what's there to suit me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849