Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#227843 11/16/2002 1:16 PM
RC
I am using ubbthreads 6.1.1, and IIP 5.1 by David Lozier, however there seems to be a problem;

On the Entrance page, im told the exact amount of members, currently: 2408 Members.

However, on the Main Index page, im told an inaccurate amount of members, currently: 2364 Members.

Is there a way to fix this inaccuracy?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
It's cached. How long between updates do you have the status box updating? After every X number of minutes it's updated during page load. This avoids excessive queries being sent to the database with every visit. To update cache manually if this bothers you just add RefCache=1 to your index page's URL. Example:

https://www.ubbdev.com/index.php?RefCache=1

Hope this does the trick else it's a bug but I don't see how it could be. This is one of the simpler things IIP does... lol

/me crosses his fingers...

RC
Its been like this for a long time now... Id say about a month or so now. I dont have it caching after 1 month lol. I thought the total members was grabbed from the same part of the database, strange.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Sorry I missed your last reply some how. That is strange that it's been like that for over a month. Would it be possible for me to login as an admin on your site? Also, have you modified the shortstatspal.php script in any way?

RC
I havnt modified any files like that... Could the problem be that I have converted my forums from classic to threads? Although Im not sure this should be a problem, as ubbdesign converted, and dont appear to have this problem. I have never deleted any member from the database either.

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Coming from .classic shouldn't be causing this problem. During index page load the number of users is pulled from the database. If cache time has expired the new value will be stored. Are other stats being updated such as post count and reply count? These are also stored in the same cache field.

I can't say off hand why yours isn't working. What's the URL of your site so I can have a first hand look?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I may have been looking at this backwards some. Are you saying that the index page created by IIP has a higher user count than your main index page generated by ubbthreads.php?

Are you using the aprove new users feature? I think I see a problem then with the index page. I'm counting everyone, including unapproved users.

I have updated the zip attached to IIP's main post. Just download and upload the new index page. Let me know if that fixes the problem. Thanks.

RC
The Entrance page shows the actual amount of members I believe, which is higher than the ubbthreads Index page, which I believe may be inaccurate, perhaps its not the Entrance page that is inaccurate, but the Main Index page... Im not using any approve member feature.

View Entrance Page here

View Main Index Page here

Its not really a big issue I dont think, I was just wondering if its fixable, and if anyone else had a similar problem. Just thought it would be good to be able to fix also, in case someone else asks or something.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm thinking not all your users are tagged approved.

If you run this query:

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM w3t_Users
WHERE U_Approved = "yes"

What number do you get. What total does it match.. index page or the main index?

RC
Hi Josh, I ran the query, and the number matches my ubbthreads.php page, not the index.php page. What does this mean?

Last edited by richierich; 11/19/2002 1:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
I have a similar situation except its my SHORT STATS box.

Max Online:
1 Members
0 Guests
1 Total
(11/13/02 09:10 AM)

Its set to ZERO. so it should refresh on every load, yet it still says 11/13, 6 days ago???

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
In the configure panel in the "Online" box you should see a line like this:

Shall we track and store "Max Online" information? This will be displayed in the Short Stats box.
1=yes 0=no

If you have this set to 1 *and* you are using the "whos online" box in your IIP display then the stats will be tracked.

I'll be sure to point this out and explain in greater detail in the next version.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]Hi Josh, I ran the query, and the number matches my ubbthreads.php page, not the index.php page. What does this mean?
[/]

That counted the users that are specifically tagged as "approved".

I'm guessing that you have users that aren't "approved". IIP is counting all users... threads is counting only approved users.

If you aren't using the approval feature... we should set them all to "yes".

Try running this query:

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM w3t_Users

I'm guessing the number you match there will match that of IIP.

If that's the case... you have some unapproved users... possibly something went wrong with an upgrade or import.

You can set them all to approved by doing this query:

UPDATE w3t_Users
SET U_Approved = 'yes'

I'm guessing if you do that....the numbers will match.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63