Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#229335 12/15/2002 12:21 PM
This is an icon describing the mood of the topic or describing information contained in the topic. For more info on icons, read our FAQ. posted 15 Dec 02 09:16 AM December 15, 2002 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Per Ankh Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete Message Hi folks!

An interesting feature in a phpbb to phpnuke port allows users to sign up or apply for specific groups.

For instance..there can be a group for a private or by acceptance only club..or classes or such...
Members of the forum simply choose a group and display information about that group (Private public, by application etc) and then if the group is open can request to join.

To make this super cool and useful I would include in this a request to join form which could optionally link to paypal if it is a class that requires payment.

This would be an easy way to allow sites to set up paid areas or more limited classes

The form should have a few easily configurable text areas so that admin could have questions for applicants to a specific group

This feature would have me jumping up and down
I would use these groups for
1.classes limited time free
2 Classes paid
3.easy way for people to apply to temple

Those who have business sites could use it for paid support areas, or other limited access resources..

What ya say Rick ? and all

Renee crossing fingers

Sponsored Links
#229336 12/16/2002 10:24 AM
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
shortbus just posted a suggestion that might be related to this. Well, as long as I understand what you are saying.

Though your suggestion probably involves more things, like Paypal integration, expirations, and so on...

D_Wolfwood #229337 12/19/2002 3:33 PM
Hi!

Actually while I support that idea it would be a small part of my suggestion.

As it stands we can set up groups that have different sets of access in threads.

However, thre is no way to sign up FOR a group

So for example suppose I had a series of classes or workshops...some open to anyone for free...others might charge

I would like members to be able to go to link called say "Groups" and be able to enroll themselves in the free and open enrollment ones.

Having registered they would have access to whatever sections members of their specified group did.

As an additional step... IF a group required payment or a approval ..they would be taken to an apllication form .

After submittingthe forms would be kept in a que subject to admin approval before addingthe member to the group.

To make payment possible for certain areas all that would be needed would be a link to paypal...easy.

Renee

#229338 12/19/2002 4:24 PM
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Sounds good to me.
It's basically two suggestions you are making:
- Members signup to grups.
- Payment option for some groups. Check the PayPal thread on this subject

D_Wolfwood #229339 12/20/2002 2:40 PM
This would be helpful to me.
Our forum is open to anyone, but we want to have areas that are open to members only. If users are able to apply to join a group called "members" and wait for approval would be great.

Greg

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63