Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Journeyman
Journeyman
http://www.doording.com/ubbthreads/login.php?Cat=

It seems to be correct from what I can tell. It doesn't give an error, the gif files quit moving when I click on them though. Login: test password: test. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
#230164 02/25/2003 9:57 AM
Addict
Addict
Most people have javascript errors turned off, so you wouldn't normally see them. Luckily, because there are quite a few of them while surfing...

When clicking on a graemlin opened from the quick reply box I get :
Error: window.opener.DoPopupSmilie is not a function
Source File: http://www.doording.com/ubbthreads/graemlinpanel.php
Line: 9

I can't find that function on the showflat page at least, so it seems that you've missed the step that adds that javascript function. Or, it could be missing from the instructions, I haven't looked at it. Either way, the function DoPopupSmilie needs to be added to the javascript section of showflat.tmpl and showthreaded.tmpl.

Journeyman
Journeyman
You guys are too much. I just hope you all realize how illiterate and incompetant we feel when talking to you. Thanks a million, that at least gives me a place to start looking. I'm pretty sure I did everything according to the instructions though. I'll let ya know what I find.

#230166 02/26/2003 9:27 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
OK I redid everything and it still doesn't work. I also noticed that I did the menu clock mod that uses javascript and it doesn't work either. Is there something about the javascript that might be the problem? I know next to nothing about this stuff.

#230167 02/26/2003 10:08 AM
Addict
Addict
Well, you didn't follow my instructions, if you had it would probably work.

There is a javascript function missing from your showflat template, without it, there is no possible way the graemlins can be added to your text box, because that is the function that actually does it.

Here is how you fix it. Find these lines in showflat.tmpl and showthreaded.tmpl (I've split one line so that this post won't be too wide):
Code
 <br />function openGraemlinPanel() { <br />	graemlinWindow=window.open('http://www.doording.com/ubbthreads/graemlinpanel.php','graemlinpanel', <br />'scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=300,height=400'); <br />	if (graemlinWindow.opener == null) graemlinWindow.opener = self; <br />} <br />

Add this code below in both files:
Code
 <br />function DoPopupSmilie(addSmilie) { <br />	insertAtCaret(document.replier.Body, ' '+ addSmilie + ' ' ); <br />	document.replier.Body.focus(); <br />	return; <br />} <br />

To make your clock work, you will have to find these lines:
Code
 <br />  window.setTimeout("tick(); <br />", 100); <br />

And replace them with this:
Code
 <br />  window.setTimeout("tick();", 100); <br />

I hope this is clear enough this time.

Edit:
I just took a look at the code of the graemlin popup here at threadsdev and it isn't exactly the same, it doesn't need the DoPopupSmilie() function which is probably why it isn't included in the instructions. You should probably get the latest version of the graemlinpopup script, either from this mod or from JustDaves original mod, then you don't need to do the changes above.

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
I just did what you told me to and it works! (at least with the showflat) I have to go to work and I'll do the rest later. Thanks a million!
I really had no idea what you were talking about the first time, I thought that I had missed a step in the instructions so I redid them. After your last post I can understand what you are saying.
I appreciate you guys. You have to remember that you are doing us a great service here and even though this stuff is second nature to you all, it's greek to us. Thanks again.

#230169 02/26/2003 10:37 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks Gardener.

Addict
Addict
There seems to be two versions of the graemlin popup panel, one which needs the extra function. Is that two different versions or what?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Not to my knowlege... but maybe.

I'm confused.... did the graemlin panel I included here work? I just included it from the other mod.... unless somethings been updated along the way.

Addict
Addict
The one include in the first post of this thread is the correct one, which doesn't need the extra instructions I wrote.

But dman must have gotten his version from somewhere, so I'm guessing it's an old version of JustDaves graemlinpanel.php. Might be good to mention that.

Update:
I bit of research tells me that the graemlinpanel.php of JustDaves Popup Graemlin Panel hack has been updated by Astaran with the added javascript function. This was to make sure the graemlin is inserted at the cursor when possible (I think, didn't read too closely).
Perhaps an update of this hack is needed to include the most current version of the graemlinpanel.php and have it work.
That way there won't be compatibility problems like this. =]

Last edited by Gardener; 02/26/2003 11:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Will update this tonight.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I had this already installed 64685-graemlinpanel.6.2.zip if this helps.

#230175 02/27/2003 7:16 PM
The Spell Check feature I see works here. I get this error

document.replier.Body.value is null or not an object.

I have a question to this.

Clicking on USE GRAEMLINS brings up the graemlin panel but with a white background. I can only see the smilies which are working but my style for the tables is not used?

Look at this: http://www.clanforums.com/ubbthreads/graemlinpanel.php

Before I start searching maybe one of you can directly say where the problem is...

Veteran
Veteran
Couple of isues in threaded view here at ThreadsDev..

1) If I click quick reply in threaded view nothing happens - I am not directed to the box (this is working on my version but not here)

2) If I do a quick reply I am getting a 'Runtime Error' Line 398 'Object Expected' (this also happens on my install)

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Addict
Addict
Hmm. It seems the anchor for the Quick Reply box is missing, so there is nothing to jump to for the Quick Reply link.

Also, the javascript function storeCaret() is missing from the page, so every time I enter a character into the box I get a javascript error.

Also, even though I have threaded mode set in my preferences and reply from threaded mode I get redirected to a flat view of my post. Not very nice at all.

Edit: It did work to reply with the quick reply box on threaded mode though, there were just a lot of errors when writing.

Last edited by Gardener; 02/28/2003 7:39 AM.
Interesting to say the least. One the site I have this installed on everything works as expected. However the spell check does not.

Weird to say the least. Lovely java editor error thing some up.

edr #230180 03/01/2003 12:19 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It should be using the stylesheet that you are on the main page. Not sure. This is part of JustDave's graemlin mod.... might need to wait for him to weigh in. I can't see what might be causein that.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm wondering if this is a browser/javascript error.

Just tried threaded view on your board... as an admin, no errors. Worked fine.

Go to www.measurection.com
username: testing
password: testing

and try posting a quick reply in threaded view there to my test forum.

I have several users there that do use the threaded view regularly, and have no trouble.
I've had this version of quick reply running there about a month before I pulled it together to release.

Here is a more clear explanation of the spell check. Spell Check works fine outside of the quick reply box. It is installed in on newreply newpost editpost_nopoll etc etc. It works fine there. It produces JAVA error when clicked inside the quick reply. I checked the code you use is the same as the original spellcheck. There are multiple errors with this hack on depending with who installed it that would you not think it from the JAVAscript compiled within this hack interfering with another instance of JAVA being run?

Time to start getting everyone to list what hacks they have that use java listed

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
That one stumps me too.. that spell checker is so simple.... just the button which sends the form data off to spell check.net.
Odd that it doesn't work on once screen, but does on others.

Yes I know it is odd but it does invoke JAVA. I know there is an age old thing that JAVA can not be invoked twice. Who knows.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hmmmm....

I'm really Java clueless.
I need to learn more.

Addict
Addict
I don't get any javascript errors for the spellchecker here on threadsdev either on showthreaded or showflat and from what I can see in the code it looks OK. I'm using Mozilla 1.2 on Linux. But that shouldn't matter.

Possibly "document.replier.Body.value" could be changed to "document.forms['replier'].Body.value" but that shouldn't be necessary.

Edit:
The storeCaret() functions is still missing here on threadsdev though, at least on showthreaded.

Last edited by Gardener; 03/01/2003 1:55 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Is this also linked to the problem whereby if you reply to a PM, and decide to edit some more, you also get a script error when trying to add a graemlin from the pop up box.

Ian

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
I had the problem with the graemlinpanel.php being out of sync so that it was not putting the gremmies into the message. Got that fixed, but the updatePost function in the new panel is not quite working correctly.

The code in the Quick Reply graemlinpanel.php looks like this:
Code
<br />function updatePost(GraemlinCode) {<br />	BodyVal = opener.document.replier.Body.value;<br />	opener.document.replier.Body.value = BodyVal + GraemlinCode;<br />}<br />

This will always insert the graemlins at the end of the message rather than at the caret (cursor position).

If you change that function to this it will once again insert the graemlin at the caret:

Code
<br />function updatePost(GraemlinCode) {<br />	opener.insertAtCaret(opener.document.replier.Body, GraemlinCode + ' ' );<br />	opener.document.replier.Body.focus();<br />}<br />

Hope that helps someone.

"Some dream of doing great things, while others stay awake and get on with it."
      -- Anonymous
#230189 03/13/2003 7:33 PM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks!

I'm just adding this now.
What has changed since 3.0?

Suggestion if it's not done already...
$tbopen and $tbclosed should be used instead

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
3.0 is the latest version. But it does not use the tbopen/tbclose though. The latest is attached to the first post in the thread.

It should.

Probably in the next update.

Okay so 3.0 contains the fixes within all these replies except a few recent ones here (if any) then?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, should be the most current.

I've installed it on a bunch of sites.

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure where to start reading this thread to find fixes to 3.0.

In the instructions for threaded view this looks like redundant code:

$Body2 = $html -> undo_markup($Body);
$Body2 = ereg_replace(""",""",$Body2);
$Body2 = ereg_replace("<br />","\n",$Body2);

$Body2 is never used.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Ah you know what I think that was "leftover" from.

Gardener had a function in here that quoted the body down to the quick reply. When the Quote feature appeared in 6.2 I took the "quote" ability off of the quick reply.

Looks like it was used to "unmarkup" that.

Thanks for the report.

I'll be re-releasing this updated for 6.3 if any/many changes are needed. Shouldn't be much. I've got it running under 6.3. Probably just need to update the instructions for 6.3.

Error in instructions for showthreaded.tmpl

The storeCaret() and insertAtCaret() javascript code is missing in the instructions, so in threaded mode when clicking on the text area it throws a javascript error.

This occurs on this site too.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Where are you clicking to get an error?

We've had this here for eons. Haven't had any trouble.

Using Internet Explorer.

You click on the edit box in threaded mode. The two functions aren't given in the instructions and the mouse events cause errors.

<textarea cols="60" rows="10" class="formboxes" name="Body" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);"></textarea>

showflat.tmpl instructions contains the javascript, showthreaded instructions does not

The events onkeyup and onclick cause object not found errors.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hmmmm...

I don't really know Javascript. Gardener wrote that bit. The javascript in showflat assigns the post number when you click "Quick Reply". But it's not needed in threaded. You could probably safely take that out.

I've installed this on no less than 50 sites for sure, nobody's ever had an error. <shrug>

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm thinking that there doesn't need to be any Javascript in showthreaded.

In an older version it used to "quote" the whole message down. But now that we've got the Quote function built in, it's not used anymore.

I'll be updating and releasing this for 6.3 soon.

I think you can change this in showthreaded

<textarea cols="60" rows="10" class="formboxes" name="Body" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);"></textarea>

To this:

<textarea cols="60" rows="10" class="formboxes" name="Body"></textarea>

See if that solves it, and it all still works.

Lurker
Lurker
I am using UBBThreads v6.2.

I've just installed v3.0 of the Quick Reply mod and everything seemed to go according to plan. I tested it in Flat mode - and it worked perfectly.

I then tested it in Threaded mode and received a Javascript error. Every time I click on the main text box, I receive the following warning:

A Runtime error has occurred
Do you wish to debug?

Line: 587
Error: Object Expected

If I do run my debugger, it hi-lights the text as shown (in yellow):

onclick=" [:"yellow"]storeCaret(this)[/] ;"

Again, this error only occurs on the Threaded version. The Flat version works perfectly.

Any help would be most appreciated!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Did you just read my post above.

I just posted the fix for that same question.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849