Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 25
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]
I have a work-around for the vanishing random profile. What happens is that the query comes up empty and nothing is displayed and a blank is added to the cache. The way I got around this here was to check to see if the query came up empty and if it did I don't update the field. It seems to be working here. [/]

Any updates on this issue Dave?

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I've been working on my paypal addon so IIP 5.5 got put on hold. I need the addon more than I need IIP...

IIP 5.5 should be out sometime this week, I would guess.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
You mean a paypal link for your page? I have one on mine if ya need help

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
No this is a set of scripts that allows the admins to specify groups that are available via subscription (amungst other things). Users can subscribe to the group and make the payment via paypal. Then when the payment is comfirmed the group is automatically assigned to the subscriber. If they cancel or their subscription reaches end of term paypal automatically relays this to the site via their IPN process and the scripts adjust the subscriber accordingly.

Wow! Pretty !

I'm still looking forward to IIP Pro!

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
JustDave rocks.

Hey ChAoS,

I'd be interested in that... I think I see where you are placing the code, but am not 100% sure. Can you post it or mail me offline ([email protected])?

Cheers,

Chris

"Some dream of doing great things, while others stay awake and get on with it."
      -- Anonymous
Addict
Addict
what does IIP 5.5 add in relation to 5.3? Just bugfixes and minor features? Or is this pro? Or something inbetween?

Journeyman
Journeyman
[]No this is a set of scripts that allows the admins to specify groups that are available via subscription (amungst other things). Users can subscribe to the group and make the payment via paypal. Then when the payment is comfirmed the group is automatically assigned to the subscriber. If they cancel or their subscription reaches end of term paypal automatically relays this to the site via their IPN process and the scripts adjust the subscriber accordingly. [/]

Very sweet JustDave, that would be a great feature. Are you on InfoPop's payroll yet?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
The paypal addon is something that I am willing to pay for to use on my measurection site.

Well worth the investment.... as having something integrated with threads will be much easier to use than iBill.

I have nightmares about iBill.

Addict
Addict
I don't have an integrated paypal solution, but a somewhat integrated form people fill out and it automatically shows them a paypal link. That alone works great. At times I can be pulling in 100+ per week

So having a really integrated paypal thing should only help generate more donations

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Especially if you need subscriptions like I do. I need people into the group automatically when I pay..... then out of the group when they expire or stop paying.

That'll be worth $$$ to me for sure.

IMO a "PayPal" bridge is beyond a simple "hack" as well. More of an "add-on". I've talked wtih JustDave about it at length personally, as I have offered to buy this solution from him.

I know he's spent alot of time on this.... and in JustDave/IIP fashion, I bet it'll be great. I intend to compensate him for his time.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
[]what does IIP 5.5 add in relation to 5.3? Just bugfixes and minor features? Or is this pro? Or something inbetween? [/]

IIP 5.5 will contain some bug fixes and adjustments to work with the CSS specific table wrappers modification I posted in the beta mods. As far as minor features I'll be including the sidebarpal.php script that's in use here with the User Selectable Sidebar mod I posted in the beta mods. It will be configurable from IIP's control panel as well.

IIP pro is a ways off yet. I think it's safe to say before Christmass though. LoL

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Oooh..

Sidebarpal.php!!! Can't wait.

Thanks Josh, for the menu box code!

-- Anonymous
Addict
Addict
an integrated paypal/membership thing I would also be willing to compensate for.. assuming it did what I need it to (when they donate, then auto-update groups according to how much they donate)

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
There isn't a "donation" solution at this time but it's planned on. What this does is allow for groups to be offered for subscription. Users can purchase a subscription to the group they want and after a successful payment via paypal they are automatically moved into the group they subscribed to. When the subscription expires they will be removed from the group.

The scripts will be available for purchase after Josh puts them through their paces on his site. If there's something wrong I'm sure he'll find it... lol

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
THAT.... is why I am Mr. Bug.

Addict
Addict
[]There isn't a "donation" solution at this time but it's planned on. What this does is allow for groups to be offered for subscription. Users can purchase a subscription to the group they want and after a successful payment via paypal they are automatically moved into the group they subscribed to. When the subscription expires they will be removed from the group.

The scripts will be available for purchase after Josh puts them through their paces on his site. If there's something wrong I'm sure he'll find it... lol [/]

Ok, well that is what I'm wondering. THe way you describe it, it will still work. The reason I say donation, is because we're non-profit, so we don't need any real "subscription" fees. But will your system allow say 3 levels of payment we can specify? Then asign them to the appropriate group? Because that is how I have it set up. Sure, it doesn't have to be called a donation, that can be changed... but as long as this does wht I think it does, it would automate what I spend an hour or so each day updating manually.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah.... setup an item for $x and call it "gold level donation". etc...

You probably could adapt.

I'm excited about it.

I told my users to make their February donations... so I could pay JustDave.

Addict
Addict
Looking forward to what comes out of it It would simplify my life 10-fold!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah me too. I can't wait.
<rubs his hands together and jumps up and down>

LOL

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
wheeee!!!

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
When you say "levels" do you mean groups? If so then the only limit is the number of groups you can create in .threads. Each subscription group has 2 trial periods and then a regular billing period. The first trial period can be set as free as well.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Before I upgrade to the new version of ubbt is it compatiable with IIP 5.3

Kahuna
Kahuna
Gill,

Just completed the upgrade of one of my customers and my dev board. Everything is working fine.

This new version fixes some bugs (more like syntax errors) rather than changing the functionality or the implemetation of the boards.

Nikos
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks, Yeah it worked fine for me too, I got brave and went for it, (got good backups) worked great no problem.

Kahuna
Kahuna
One issue to look at Gill. Go to your templates/default folder and rename the file ubbt_closehtml.php to ubbt_closehtml.tmpl.

I believe that it was left by mistake in the distribution, since the file that calls it (ubbt.inc.php) references it with the extension .tmpl.

Nikos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
That would be awesome, I sell Memberships and have to activate and deactivate manually right now and it stinks so something like this would be cool. Could you make it so an email gets sent out 30 days before subsciption expires etc.? Also, is there a way to accept Credit cards, I already have that setup but not automated with threads of course. Any ETA on this project?

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks, done

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
PayPal already accepts credit cards.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Not sure what I was thinking when I asked that.
Any idea on when that mod might be finished?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
[]
Any idea on when that mod might be finished? [/]

I should be able to let Josh start using/testing it tomorrow. If there isn't many bugs to be fixed it may be available by next week. I still need to figure out some sort of licensing agreement or something... to much other stuff to think about right now though.

Hey Dave,

Does this new release fix the bug with the random spotlight user?

ChAoS had mentioned a fix for when the query returns no results, the PAL box disappears rather than requerying...

This is something I could fix myself, but am not exactly sure where it should go...

Thanks!

Chris

-- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Yes 5.5 will have that fixed. There is no re-query though. It will simply skip updating cache. That's how I have it working here.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[quoteI should be able to let Josh start using/testing it tomorrow. [/]

Yippie skippie! That'll give me something to play with this weekend.

Down with iBill.

I got one question as it is rather a headache to read 40 pages to get this one answered.

I have no problem paying Dave for his hard work IIP is a great product and I think it is rather a great service that he indeed offers a version FREE.

I do have one question as I am seriously considering purchasing the PRO version. What are the differences going to be between 5.5 and the PRO version. I take it from reading that the PRO version will include a pay interface.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I think the PayPal Interface will be a separate thing from IIP Pro.

Pro will just have some cool extra (extensive) bells and whistles like the Calendar etc...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Dave
Any idea on pricing for the IIP Pro and the PayPal addon? Now we just need more Threads features to be config by groups.

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Forum Statistics
Forums63